Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, by Kōji Kumeta

Summary:
    Itoshiki Nozumo is a highly depressed high-school teacher with the constant desire to take his own life. After being saved from a suicide attempt by the exact opposite of his own, the absolutely positive thinking Fuura Kafuka (penname), he starts as the new homeroom teacher of class 2-H at the local high school, just to find Kafuka as one of his students. But this is only the least of his problems as the class is filled with characters that could be ripped out of a psychology textbook and range from guilt complex over split personalities to outright evil.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei can be described as a dark slice-of-life comedy that takes seemingly normal aspects of life and puts them ad absurd um. The art style often changes between a well rounded and clean style with high detail for backgrounds and clothing and minimalist two-dimensional drawings for one-time characters or side gags, but it can also swing to artistic heights for cover pages or special artwork.

It is serialized in Weekly Shōnen Magazine and won the Kodansha Manga Award in the shōnen category in 2007 and has been adapted into two anime series with the second series just beginning to air.

More Info:
    Wikipedia | ANN: Series 1 Series 2 | Baka-Updates | Manga Updates
    Last edited by chaosof99; 01-15-2008 at 08:21 AM.

i just recently finished watching it, it was hilarious, v.funny.
    i will prob start reading it soon =)

Funny!!!!!!

GoodBye Sensei! Jiraiya
    A bridge towards peace; the will of fire still endures!

Rokudaime Hokage, Rokudaime Rikudou Sennin Uzumaki Naruto

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Ah someone else that recognizes the greatness of this series! A thread has definitely been necessary now that its licensed.

I have volume one, it's hilarious as usual and the little glossary in the back is really interesting. Now that I know it gets funnier every time I re-read it. But, zetsuboushita! The fact that I haven't bought volume 2 yet has left me in despair!

If you like it you should really consider watching it. The first two seasons are purely amazing. There's an OVA and the third season is being released this summer.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

It's different. That's what makes it so... interesting. <3
    Zetsuboushita|ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH! «°-°«

An optimistic student and a suicidal teacher...Weird and very funny!

The threading has started...hehe..

What's your favorite scene?

Can't say about what I like best, but it's a really funny manga (in a tragic way). It has the most strange and amazing characters, and they all work together providing the best dark humour I've read in some time. Definitely a fan.