Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Naruto Important - Theories sidenotes and reminders (Updated 09/05/08)

1. Sidenote about the bashing of theories

Okay... this sidenote is about the bashing of theories...

People can put alot of effort to explain their theories in here, regardless with or without manga pages as evidence... Please respect these theories and DO NOT come in these threads like ZOMG BULLCRAP, SUCKSS ASS and whatnot...

1) It's amazingly annoying...
    2) Threads get graveyarded...
    3) You PISS PEOPLE OFF...

I do not want to see anymore of such harsh comment anymore.. And I think alot of other people will agree with me on that part.

If you don't agree.. simply explain why and don't come up with nonsense like "DAMN THIS NEEDS TO GET GRAVEYARDED" or anything close... better than that.. don't comment at all...

Please let anyone be able to tell their theories without being bashed or destroyed...

Thanks for understanding.

----------------------------

2. Reminder about what is a theory and what is not

Lately more and more non theory threads get submitted and that needs to be stopped...

The staff keeps seeing more and more threads like (I'll just name one example):

"Will tsunade die?!

What do you guys and gals think?"
    Do you peeps call that a theory? Honestly.. I don't know why you even are hanging around posting threads in this section?

A nice explanation of the word 'theory' is this:

Quote Originally Posted by wafflenet
    A theory is an unconfirmed idea or explanation based on a set of widely accepted truths or facts. No proof, no theory.
    Will you people stop posting non-theory threads? It's rather annoying to keep moving and moving threads to the appropriate sections....

From now on... all moderator and/or admins will throw any non theory thread into the graveyard section.

This thread has warned all of you... so please don't come complaining why your thread has been graveyarded.

Oh and one quick reminder.... All tobi and madara threads will be merged with the Tobi/Madara theories thread...

Last edited by damnz; 05-09-2008 at 02:08 PM.

"DAMN THIS NEEDS TO GET GRAVEYARDED"

Just Joking Gin0va!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death View Post
    "DAMN THIS NEEDS TO GET GRAVEYARDED"

Just Joking Gin0va!!!
    freaking owned

Just let Asce and Bluds know who's doing what and the infractions and bannings will fly
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

I'm thinking this forum directory should be renamed "Naruto Manga Hypotheses" with a big warning about flaming and the definition of hypothesis. Bolded. Size 16 font, perhaps. Some folks do go too far w/the whole disproval of a hypothesis, but at times, those that do type the hypothesis either didn't search before they posted or ... *cough*

...forget it -- I don't know.

The directory's name should be like this:

Naruto Manga Hypotheses

with every thread discussion containing these two definitions and a warning on flaming :

Hypothesis: a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation

Hypothetical: supposed but not necessarily real or true

Warning: Do not flame.

Everyone should scratch the word theory out of their vocabulary when visiting this part of the forum, definitely read the rules, search for similar hypotheses and learn how to create a decent argument for or against the hypothesis they're replying to without the harsh words, flaming, and curse words. Just my two cents on this subject.
    Last edited by gradoman; 01-13-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Clarity. Clarity.

Sorry to disagree gradoman, but:

THEORY = HYPOTHESIS

Click this link: theory - Synonyms from Thesaurus.com

Or this link: theory - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary (def 6a)

No matter what the forum is called, disrespecting others is still not Kosher.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Ah, but there is a difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

I can say "I got mugged by a fat man, therefore all fat men are muggers". That would be a hypothesis, it would only become a theory when I got some rational proof behind it. That's the reason you always get asked to hypothesise instead of theorise in mathematics & science, at least over here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

@paulbee

"No matter what the forum is called, disrespecting others is still not Kosher."

Agreed. The rest, we have to agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflenet View Post
    Ah, but there is a difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

I can say "I got mugged by a fat man, therefore all fat men are muggers". That would be a hypothesis, it would only become a theory when I got some rational proof behind it. That's the reason you always get asked to hypothesise instead of theorise in mathematics & science, at least over here anyway.
    Whether its theory or hypothesis, do you still think its allowed to just say
    "you dumb*** idiot thats so stupid"
    would that still be right either way? It wouldnt.

Originally posted by Howdy
    Do you idiots honestly think that Kishimoto will waste our time showing us a crippled Nagato lying in a hospital bed that Naruto can defeat just by switching off his life support machine?

^ what does that have to do with my post? I was responding to what someone said about the differences between hypotheses and theories, not the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident