Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kusunagi Sword

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    first you can't say some weapons are unable to transmit chidori cuz when they taught Naruto how to control wind element, I think they said that he could use it trough weapons such as kunais making a legendary weapon more than qualified to be able to transmit chidori

second like I said Oro could have just gave Sasuke the Kusanagi sword making it definitely his and Kusanagi's importance in the Japain's history and legends is huge so I no writer would make two on one manga.

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    first you can't say some weapons are unable to transmit chidori cuz when they taught Naruto how to control wind element, I think they said that he could use it trough weapons such as kunais making a legendary weapon more than qualified to be able to transmit chidori

second like I said Oro could have just gave Sasuke the Kusanagi sword making it definitely his and Kusanagi's importance in the Japain's history and legends is huge so I no writer would make two on one manga.
    true...i read about kusanagi the first time i saw it in naruto and i don't remeber that there was more than one...so what you say might be true

but they have different shapes and i can't believe the one orochi used against 4tailes is the one he gave to sasuke...it makes no sens
    orochi:sasuke give me sword i have a rat to catch(about kabuto)
    sasuke:didn't you just gave it to meO_o

and when orochi was fighting 4tails he also said MY kusanagi...which is against the kusanagi legend

nothing can be confirmed so far
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

I was talking about the training just after Oro fought Naruto but ok let's not kill ourselves over swords (still think the blade shapes are equal though and Oro didn't said MY sword but my my. not even the sword of Kusanagi).

Ive always wondered this too cause I remembered that part about Genma taking the sword with him to the other side or whatever and then it reappears... Plus Sasuke had his Kusanagi sword when he found Naruto right after Naruto faught Orochimaru, soooo unless they have the worlds fastest sword re-hilter on staff I think that there are two "Kusanagi's" Plus in the flashbacks of Sasuke beating all those shinobi where he didn't get a single scratch he had the sword still, and this was before the Naruto-Orochimaru fight. So I just thought that Orochimaru had the original Kusunagi sword and Sasuke had a sword made for him that resembles the original Kusunagi thats probably made of the same chakra sucking metal as Asuma's kunai were, just in the shape of an awesome sword.

I like Sasuke's Kusunagi better.

Sidenote: Was the Sword of Kusunagi able to control the wind too? I remember the legend sorta where it says Kusunagi was in a field that was on fire and the fire was coming in close to him and then he used the sword to cut all the grass and blow out the fire, thats why it was originally called the grass cutter sword??? No joke I swear some or most of this is true.
    A pie in the sky?

Plus in the flashbacks of Sasuke beating all those shinobi where he didn't get a single scratch he had the sword still, and this was before the Naruto-Orochimaru fight.
    dude this was after the battle with Kakuzu....and it wasn't a flashback
    right after Naruto faught Orochimaru, soooo unless they have the worlds fastest sword re-hilter on staff
    how much time actually passed mmmmmmm do you know how much time it take to re-hilt a sword? plus if the guard was damaged from the fight with Naruto due to over strength he may have needed to change it. also one word "jutsu"
    Ive always wondered this too cause I remembered that part about Genma taking the sword with him to the other side or whatever and then it reappears...
    I already said in an above post that he might have jutsus to prevent himself from loosing the sword (like a space jutsu so that the sword would return to his snake stomach if he wanted to or something like that)

yes after the legend the sword can make trow wind, like if expanding the wind and a heroe used that to change the fire trajectory

dude this was after the battle with Kakuzu....and it wasn't a flashback
    My point in saying what I said was that Sasuke had the sword that he has now BEFORE Orochimaru used the OLD Kusunagi to fight Naruto, so why would Orochimaru have the original when he faught Sarutobi THEN change it to Sasuke's so he could train with it while fighting random shinobi THEN change it to the original to fight Naruto THEN change it back for Sasuke to fight Naruto at Orochimaru's hideout??? Doesn't make sense...

how much time actually passed mmmmmmm do you know how much time it take to re-hilt a sword? plus if the guard was damaged from the fight with Naruto due to over strength he may have needed to change it. also one word "jutsu"
    Thats like the biggest cop out of any excuse...everything could be answered with a conveniently created jutsu, I don't think Orochimaru would bother with a jutsu just the change the hilt of a sword so he could let Sasuke borrow it or whatever. Plus the Naruto-Orochimaru then Naruto-Sasuke fight all happened within one afternoon, I doubt Orochimaru felt the need to change the hilt of his sword soo strongly that he did it right when he got back from his fight...just doesn't seem that important to me that he would do such a thing

I already said in an above post that he might have jutsus to prevent himself from loosing the sword (like a space jutsu so that the sword would return to his snake stomach if he wanted to or something like that)

yes after the legend the sword can make trow wind, like if expanding the wind and a heroe used that to change the fire trajectory
    I sorta agree with this one
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    My point in saying what I said was that Sasuke had the sword that he has now BEFORE Orochimaru used the OLD Kusunagi to fight Naruto, so why would Orochimaru have the original when he faught Sarutobi THEN change it to Sasuke's so he could train with it while fighting random shinobi THEN change it to the original to fight Naruto THEN change it back for Sasuke to fight Naruto at Orochimaru's hideout??? Doesn't make sense...

Thats like the biggest cop out of any excuse...everything could be answered with a conveniently created jutsu, I don't think Orochimaru would bother with a jutsu just the change the hilt of a sword so he could let Sasuke borrow it or whatever. Plus the Naruto-Orochimaru then Naruto-Sasuke fight all happened within one afternoon, I doubt Orochimaru felt the need to change the hilt of his sword soo strongly that he did it right when he got back from his fight...just doesn't seem that important to me that he would do such a thing

I sorta agree with this one

Lol i agree they would not share swords. Why give one of your most powerful weapons to. The only excuse it to build trust but why would Orochimaru build trust. Sasuke already knew his intentions. Sasuke's is built out of the same as Asuma's kunais as stated. I will find the chapters once my internet stops spazzing out
    I am McLOVIN

Sasuke's sword and Orochimaru's sword aren't the same even though they have the same name. It's because Sasuke ran his chidori current through his sword, thats why it was made unblockable.

dude I said the following storyline:
    Oro fights Sandaime;
    Oro fights Naruto;
    Oro trains that afternoon with Sasuke and gives him the sword;
    Oro makes Sasuke fight against random shinobis.

The whole scene when Sasuke is sitting on top of the shinobi's is not a flashback, it happened AFTER the fight with Kakuzu that happened god knows how much time after the fight between Naruto and Oro. If you're stating that he let Sasuke train with it and than took it I'm saying he always owned the swor till that afternoon training, where he gave it to Sasuke and Sasuke was also never seen with th sword before the fight with Kakashi's team (although the only scene with him is when he says it's time for training h wasn't carrying the swor....weird if he was already waiting to train huh). This is a supposition that I think it's better than two legendary swords or Kusanagi sword is just lost wherever Oro let it.
    Did you read the rest of what I wrote? Changing the hilt of the sword takes not much time and you have no Ida how much time has passed since the battle with Naruto and the arrival at the hideout by Konoha. It's perfectly possible to change the hilt and then train Sasuke, give him the sword and go grab something to eat. Then I said h could also have a jutsu for such occasion, when the sword needed to be re-hilted. Also he and Naruto were using very powerful moves and I said the sword might had the hilt damaged. on the other hand we don't even saw the hilt on that fight (I think...not completely sure) so the sword might have had that hilt for god knows how long.

I have proof Itachi used the same sword before Orochimaru snatched it from him and used his hilt-jutsu on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am McLOVIN