Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kusunagi Sword

Lets not forget this is a fictional Manga, there could be 10 Kusanagi swords if Kishimoto wanted
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Lets not forget this is a fictional Manga, there could be 10 Kusanagi swords if Kishimoto wanted
    indeed,kishi is free to respect the legend or add a little something to it
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Yea, guess ur right. This thread should've been a poll, if it's 2 different swords or one that sasuke added his own touch to. From what i've seen, I say 2 even tho draciel makes a good point.

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    ....forget it I'm to tired to continue the discussion and I only have a point of view anyway. 1 or 2 does it really matter anyway? unless naruto goes for the first, charges it with wind and break sasuke's, not really, no.

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

It's more likely that the 2 Kusanagi's are different, but the one that Orochimaru uses against the 3rd is most likely to be the same.

Kishimoto uses Shinto lore in over 90% of the stuff in Naruto, but he also likes to use tweak it and make his own "original" creations -_-

It's possible now that it's been revealed that the Kyuubi may have been a summoned creature that Manda is just an agent of the Yamata no Orochi, like how Gamabunta isn't the leader of the frogs. In the lore the Ama no Murakumo was drawn from the 4th tail of the Orochi, so it's possible that the Kusanagi was created from the Yamata no Orochi, 8 tail-beast.

For those who didn't bother to read the entire article on wikipedia. The Ama no Murakumo was supposedly renamed the Kusanagi by Yamato Takeru after being betrayed by a local warlord who invited him on a hunting mission. Kusanagi no Tsurugi (grasscutting sword) is in reference to how he was trapped by being surrounded by burning grass. He cut the grass that was being burned and eventually the direction in which is he cut caused the wind to blow in the same direction, and used that same tactic against the warlord and killed him and his men the way that they were trying to kill Yamato.

Kusanagi is the counterpart to the Excalibur in western lore, and the fact that Kishimoto is using it in such a common fashion, is just really awful if u ask me >.<

I mean this sword was supposedly the sword of the Gods themselves and to make it seem ordinary just decreases the value of the damn thing.

I think Naruto should get a Kusanagi sword too, it would make his wind chakra application even better, then maybe we would be able to see an enemy die in another way than a rasengan to the stomach.

I think Shikamaru is already way cool enough with 2 Kusa-kunai
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I think Naruto should get a Kusanagi sword too, it would make his wind chakra application even better, then maybe we would be able to see an enemy die in another way than a rasengan to the stomach.

I think Shikamaru is already way cool enough with 2 Kusa-kunai
    i hope so too. i'm f-ing tired of naruto whooping people with kage bunshin and rasengan. at least give the dude a sword so he does some new stuff.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

It is possible that Oro gave sasuke his sword, since he planned on taking over his body anyway. Can someone look at the scenes when Sasuke and Oro begin to fight. Here sasuke holds two weapons. He has His Kusanagi in his right hand, and another weapon in his left hand. The weapon in his left hand is used to pin Oro by slicing through his hands. This sword also appears to channel Chidori but i'm not sure. Also this sword shows characteristics of Oro Kusanagi by extending to a great length. does anyone know what this second weapon actually is.

After rereading it seems the sword my actually be made purely of chakra or Chidori, I'm not sure. Oro states he's never used shape manipulation like this before. Still not sure however.

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    It is possible that Oro gave sasuke his sword, since he planned on taking over his body anyway. Can someone look at the scenes when Sasuke and Oro begin to fight. Here sasuke holds two weapons. He has His Kusanagi in his right hand, and another weapon in his left hand. The weapon in his left hand is used to pin Oro by slicing through his hands. This sword also appears to channel Chidori but i'm not sure. Also this sword shows characteristics of Oro Kusanagi by extending to a great length. does anyone know what this second weapon actually is.

After rereading it seems the sword my actually be made purely of chakra or Chidori, I'm not sure. Oro states he's never used shape manipulation like this before. Still not sure however.
    It's simply a shape manipulation of his lightning element (another form of chidori)
    I am McLOVIN

It's his chidori with shape manipulation with a range of 5 meters, if u read the diedara fight.
    I wanna see naruto with nunchaku or a doublebladed naginata. But best I think he should have a hidden curved blade (like kyubbi's fangs or talons) that he can cut people's throats with after the hiraishin