Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Kusunagi Sword

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    actually the legend says that Kusanagi wasn't necessarily a katana but try here:
    Kusanagi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am also KOF addicted but Naruto isn't necessarily from it but from the same legends
    that's exactly what i said,it's just ispired from KoF's legends
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    it's not KOF's legends it's japanese legends from which KoF also got inspired from (maybe you are saying this but I'm confused so I post this anyway)

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    it's not KOF's legends it's japanese legends from which KoF also got inspired from (maybe you are saying this but I'm confused so I post this anyway)
    yeah i know...

now i'm confused even more. the wiki says it was most likely a jian-type sword, meaning short, str8 blade, kinda like a roman gladius. So the one inside Oro would seem to fit that description but the one Sasuke uses is clearly a katana. Now I'm thinking it's 2 different swords, maybe Oro figured out the composition of the original kusanagi and built a new one for Sasuke that would be easier for him to wield, a katana. If so is the original kusanagi still inside that rotting white snake body inside the Oro's lair, so Kabuto might have retrieved it?

Quote Originally Posted by godofwar View Post
    shock, Draciel's right, u got your timeline wrong.
    Ahhh okay. well sorry about that then, I thought I had the timeline right.

I think the idea of having two swords rather than trading off 1 sword is a better idea imo. The Kusanagi sword was claimed from the dead Orochi so if Naruto wants to follow the Japanese legend I think they would have only given it to Sasuke after he killed Orochimaru, since he has it before I wanna think its not the same plus Sasuke's Kusanagi is better looking and can channel chakra too, I bet Orochimaru would have channeled chakra into it to make it sharper when he fought Sarutobi but he didn't.
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by godofwar View Post
    now i'm confused even more. the wiki says it was most likely a jian-type sword, meaning short, str8 blade, kinda like a roman gladius. So the one inside Oro would seem to fit that description but the one Sasuke uses is clearly a katana. Now I'm thinking it's 2 different swords, maybe Oro figured out the composition of the original kusanagi and built a new one for Sasuke that would be easier for him to wield, a katana. If so is the original kusanagi still inside that rotting white snake body inside the Oro's lair, so Kabuto might have retrieved it?
    that's a possibility...

i believe sasuke's kusanagi and orochi's are two different swords...well kishi is not obliged to copy the legend and past it on his manga's plot

and since sasuke is his favourite,i wouldn't be suprised if he had a better than regular kusanagi for him

I also thinks its better to say that the sword that Oro uses and the one Sasuke uses are 2 different swords. They just have the same name.

Oro's is also a Katana. The anim just screwed up big time there but in the manga is a Katana anyway you look at it.

I still think it's only one....it would be the same as having two excalibur's in an english movie........

then why even bother calling it a kusanagi if he's not gonna use the shape the legends refer to. I give up. But now I think it's 2 swords after that wiki.

then why even bother calling it a kusanagi if he's not gonna use the shape the legends refer to. I give up. But now I think it's 2 swords after that wiki.
    cuz the Katana looks that much cooler. In most drawings I ever seen of Kusanagi, even the japanese prefer to make it a katana. it adds simbology I guess....a katana is way better than a regular sword, even if it can cut the air (looks wise) and japanese have spent hundreds of years revolving around katanas