Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kusunagi Sword

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    dude I said the following storyline:
    Oro fights Sandaime;
    Oro fights Naruto;
    Oro trains that afternoon with Sasuke and gives him the sword;
    Oro makes Sasuke fight against random shinobis.

The whole scene when Sasuke is sitting on top of the shinobi's is not a flashback, it happened AFTER the fight with Kakuzu that happened god knows how much time after the fight between Naruto and Oro. If you're stating that he let Sasuke train with it and than took it I'm saying he always owned the swor till that afternoon training, where he gave it to Sasuke and Sasuke was also never seen with th sword before the fight with Kakashi's team (although the only scene with him is when he says it's time for training h wasn't carrying the swor....weird if he was already waiting to train huh). This is a supposition that I think it's better than two legendary swords or Kusanagi sword is just lost wherever Oro let it.
    Okay... I think your confusing what I have been saying for the past couple quotes so ill say it as plain I can...

1st) Sandaime vs. Orochimaru (real Kusunagi)
    2nd) Sasuke vs. lots of Shinobi (Sasuke's Kusunagi) **I thought this one happened before Oro vs. Naruto, can't remember page number where it is
    3rd) Orochimaru vs. Naruto 4th tail (real Kusunagi)
    4th) Sasuke vs. Naruto at Orochimaru's lair (Sasuke Kusunagi)

Im saying the 3rd & 4th happened in the same day in the same afternoon, re-read the manga and you'll see k?

So your telling me that Orochimaru would fight 4th tail Naruto and almost die then run back to his hide out while being followed by team Yamato, only to have team Yamato break in to Orochimaru's hide out maybe an hour or 2 later WHILE in the mean time Orochimaru rounded up a couple hundred shinobi and caused a big fight where Sasuke had to beat everyone come back to the hide out have time to take a nap AND re-hilt his sword (because heaven forbid Sasuke used a sword that had the same hilt as Orochimaru's) while team Yamato found Sai THEN be found by team Yamato and fight them too???

You have got to be the master of multi tasking if your saying this is possible o_O

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    Did you read the rest of what I wrote? Changing the hilt of the sword takes not much time and you have no Ida how much time has passed since the battle with Naruto and the arrival at the hideout by Konoha. It's perfectly possible to change the hilt and then train Sasuke, give him the sword and go grab something to eat. Then I said h could also have a jutsu for such occasion, when the sword needed to be re-hilted. Also he and Naruto were using very powerful moves and I said the sword might had the hilt damaged. on the other hand we don't even saw the hilt on that fight (I think...not completely sure) so the sword might have had that hilt for god knows how long.
    And yeah I DID read what you wrote so chill k?

Go re-read what I just wrote and im gonna go look for the page where Sasuke is sitting on the shinobi's he just beat up, if its before the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight then im sticking to my point, but if its after then depends on how long after and whether or not it was ment to be a flashback, cause when I read it I read it as a flashback.

Honestly you really think re-hilting a sword is that important that after almost dying Orochimaru would run back to his hide out just to change the sword hilt? Or even invent a jutsu to change a hilt? You said so yourself, "its so easy to change a hilt" so who would be stupid enough to invent a jutsu just for something like that....
    A pie in the sky?

itachi's sword seems like a regular katana...

what makes you think that orochi took it from him?and more importantly... how?
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

You know, after that fight with 4-tail kyuubi Naruto, Orochimaru spit out another Kusanagi sword when Sai met up with him.

Itachi gave it to Itachi
    O_o...am i reading right or is there two itachis?

The sword was made custom for Sasuke of same material as Asuma's chakra blades. Just like when Sasuke fought Yamato.
    Naruto 308 page 07 | One Manga
    Naruto 308 page 08 | One Manga
    Naruto 317 page 13 | One Manga
    Naruto 317 page 14 | One Manga
    Naruto 317 page 15 | One Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Go re-read what I just wrote and im gonna go look for the page where Sasuke is sitting on the shinobi's he just beat up, if its before the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight then im sticking to my point, but if its after then depends on how long after and whether or not it was ment to be a flashback, cause when I read it I read it as a flashback.

Honestly you really think re-hilting a sword is that important that after almost dying Orochimaru would run back to his hide out just to change the sword hilt? Or even invent a jutsu to change a hilt? You said so yourself, "its so easy to change a hilt" so who would be stupid enough to invent a jutsu just for something like that....
    I believe sword is different seeing that it makes no sense at all. But the first time we see Sasuke with the sword is against Naruto.
    Naruto 307 page 16 | One Manga

The fight with all the ninjas is right before Orochimaru bites the dust. Asuma had just died.
    Naruto 343 page 03 | One Manga
    Naruto 343 page 03 | One Manga

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    itachi's sword seems like a regular katana...

what makes you think that orochi took it from him?and more importantly... how?
    Well why do you think Sasuke killed Orochimaru. Yep so the sword of the Uchihas would belong to a Uchiha once more. LOL nah I don't believe in the whole sword thing and it's as ridiculous as saying Itachi gave it to Orochimaru and he just changed the hilt. Just my take on it though.
    I am McLOVIN

i agree with you that sasuke's kusanagi is a bit special (as stated clearly in the manga) but it's just your assumption that the modification is smilar to asuma's knives

kusanagi is a legendary sword,i advice you read about it if you haven't yet
    so it won't need to be like other regular knives to allow sasuke to use his chidori with it...it can be simply due to the fact that kusanagi IS special

that's what i think

shock, Draciel's right, u got your timeline wrong. But anyhow can some1 point me to the legend of kusanagi.

Oro fights sandaime. enema tries to take it with him but cause of it's evil chakra, he can't.
    Oro fights Tsunade and Jiraiya with it.
    Oro then fights 4 tails naruto with it
    He then trains sasuke that afternoon after his meeting with sai, oro could've possibly given it to him then.
    Naruto and gang show up that day and sasuke is seen with the sword when he encounters naruto and stabs yamato.
    Sasuke is again shown having defeated bunch of shinobis while wielding the sword.
    Sasuke then goes to defeat Oro when he's weakened, and oro is never seen with the sword during that fight.

The sword has to be a katana, if the legend of kusanagi is a samurai, then the samurais only had katanas. So it makes sense that sasuke would have the real thing. But Studio Pierrot might've messed up drawing the sword differently to make it easier for oro to wield it with his tongue.

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    Okay... I think your confusing what I have been saying for the past couple quotes so ill say it as plain I can...

1st) Sandaime vs. Orochimaru (real Kusunagi)
    2nd) Sasuke vs. lots of Shinobi (Sasuke's Kusunagi) **I thought this one happened before Oro vs. Naruto, can't remember page number where it is
    3rd) Orochimaru vs. Naruto 4th tail (real Kusunagi)
    4th) Sasuke vs. Naruto at Orochimaru's lair (Sasuke Kusunagi)

Im saying the 3rd & 4th happened in the same day in the same afternoon, re-read the manga and you'll see k?

So your telling me that Orochimaru would fight 4th tail Naruto and almost die then run back to his hide out while being followed by team Yamato, only to have team Yamato break in to Orochimaru's hide out maybe an hour or 2 later WHILE in the mean time Orochimaru rounded up a couple hundred shinobi and caused a big fight where Sasuke had to beat everyone come back to the hide out have time to take a nap AND re-hilt his sword (because heaven forbid Sasuke used a sword that had the same hilt as Orochimaru's) while team Yamato found Sai THEN be found by team Yamato and fight them too???

You have got to be the master of multi tasking if your saying this is possible o_O
    dude you're the one confusing:
    Sasuke vs random shinobis happened AFTER that day what I am saying is:
    1 - Sarutobi fights Oro (Oro's Kusanagi)
    2 - Oro fights Naruto (Oro's Kusanagi)
    3 - Oro trains Sasuke that very same afternoon and, since they trained it must have passed a couple of hours, and then he gives Sasuke the Kusanagi (it becomes asuke's Kusanagi but it' the same! the only thing it changes is the owner)
    4 - Sasuke fights Konoha's team (Sasuke's Kusanagi, formerly Oro's)
    5 - Days after Oro has Sasuke fight a whole bunch of shinobis and Sasuke has the Kusanagi (Sasuke's Kusanagi, which formerly was Oro's)

What's so hard to understand that Sasuke is only showed AFTER the fight of Oro and Naruto but you are stating you saw him before with the Kusanagi but that only happens after the battle of Naruto against Kakuzo.

And I already stated that he could have had that hilt sinc god knows how long as you never actually see the hilt in Naruto vs Oro fight, or that he could hav changed it before the training with Sasuke

yeah so he didn't necessarily used a jutsu but could still have changed the hilt before training with Sasuke. the idea was that the hilt was changed but you're still grabbing yourself to a joke I made about Hilt changing Jutsu

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

wiki,no better source

Kusanagi

i knew about it before naruto in the King Of Fighter(i was addicted to it)...and there's also the orochi story

so basicaly naruto is highly inspired by these elements form KoF

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    actually the legend says that Kusanagi wasn't necessarily a katana but try here:
    Kusanagi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am also KOF addicted but Naruto isn't necessarily from it but from the same legends

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all