Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Deadman Wonderland ~ Jinsei Kataoka & Kazuma Kondou

Deadman Wonderland by Jinsei Kataoka & Kazuma Kondou

Summary from Wikipedia:
    Ten years have passed since the 'Great Tokyo Earthquake', a massive natural distaster that sank over 70 percent of Tokyo into the ocean. Ganta Igarashi is an unassuming 14-year old middle school student in Nagano Prefecture. Ganta is an 'escapee', a Tokyo survivor of the earthquake, but he has no memories of the disaster and simply wishes to play soccer and live a normal life. All that changes one day when a mysterious man covered in blood appears outside his classroom window. The 'Red Man' slaughters Ganta's classmates, but strangely leaves him alive after imbedding a crimson crystal in his chest. Ganta's life goes from bad to worse when he is blamed for the grisly murders and sentenced to life imprisonment in 'Deadman Wonderland'.

Deadman Wonderland is Japan's only privately operated prison, built after the earthquake as a tourist attraction to help revive Tokyo. The prisoners serve as staff and 'entertainment' for visitors. Due to the heinous nature of Ganta's crime, he is given DW's 'death sentence'. A metal collar placed around his neck slowly injects poison into his body. The only way to delay his 'execution' is by consuming a special candy-like antidote every three days. Shortly after arriving at the prison, Ganta meets a mysterious girl named Shiro, who seems to know Ganta from the past. He also befriends a prisoner named Yoh, a kleptomaniac with a talent for locating things.

First of all, let me first off-topic-ly say that congratulations to Blud and all the other original founders of Bludshock Scans for what a marvelous site Mangashare has turned out to be. xD Although I wasn't exactly a key member in the beginning, I'm guessing I was pretty close to when Mangashare first started, but nevertheless, great job and I hope to see more in the future.

(A mod can willingly see fit to destroy this thread now. No one likes a suck-up, right? xD)

Anyways, my actual purpose here was to start a thread on the featured manga Deadman's Wonderland.

...Being that there's only one volume out so far, I guess there isn't much to discuss, huh? xD

But I guess if only to create conversation, what are some people's thoughts and predictions? I know it's drawn and authored by the same people who are in charge of the Eureka Seven manga, so I'm assuming that's a pretty good base. The beginning seemed to play out pretty well; the whole uncontrollable-tragedy-for-whom-the-lead-character-is-blamed isn't quite original, but throw in special powers, a seemingly naked girl to tag along, a guy covered in blood-spattered armor, it doesn't seem to make anything original. xD

As I'm sure you all are exiting this thread as I type, I suppose any other prospect fans are welcome to throw in their two cents.
    Last edited by ImotoChan; 02-20-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Added info

I think this manga could take off. I really like the art and the whole idea is really innovative. The relationship between the two main characters seems like it will play out well with the plot. I look forward to hopefully seeing it grow into something great.

JOIN THE GINTAMA FAN CLUB.. "Just do it" *click here*

D.Gray-man FC Members List

My Anime List

I liked it, Heihouka (So Sexy Scans scanlator) thank you for the awesome manga

Initiate
    Seems pretty good to me. I was wondering where this style was familiar to me and like Asura already mentioned it is from the same creator as Eureka 7. Can't wait for new chapter to be released.

And now to watch Bamboo Blade 14 ->

i like it only i can say anytng on how good the story is with 1 volume
    http://dragonsas.mybrute.com/ fight
    manga's and anime i follow or followed
    Spoiler!

Hmm, it actually makes me wonder when the next chapter(s) will be released... anyone have any clues on how long a volume of manga takes to publish? O.o

BADASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I loved it .. I'm gonna keep up with this manga.

SoSexyScan did a great job with chapter 1.. keep it up!

I loved the first chapter, very promising... the main character (Ganta, or something) looks too much like Renton, but it doesn't bother me.
    I gave it a 10/10... i have a feeling it won't be so great later on, but for now it's great.

And it seems like vol.2 raw has been out since last year
    Deadman Wonderland Vol 02

Yeah. I just finished some work on chapter 2, expect it out soon. ^_^

This manga is love. <3

Edit: Oh, and it's Deadman Wonderland. =P Without the " 's ".

Fixed

*anxiously waits for volume 2*