Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 328
  1. #61
    J.A.C. Member Redfuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    2,432
    I like crow's eyepatch. I had a good feeling for him from the start, I think he'll be one of the few people that can be trusted in this series.

    I loved how Ganta flicked them off when they asked him to kill her. I didn't expect that one.

  2. #62
    Hayashida kamiyama85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    in an octopus' garden with you
    Posts
    192
    mm thats what i was thinking red, senji's shaping out to be a pretty good sempai

    "i went ahead and named it for you, BANG, like that" hahaha too funny

  3. #63
    Primum Movens Xenometem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ever heard of Elysium? Yeah, I'm not there.
    Posts
    41
    It's a neat series, that's for sure. Hopefully it won't be dragged out, like other manga have in the past. I have to say, though, that whenever I see Ganta my mind immediately drifts to Renton Thurston.

    Still, I have to ask: is this really seinen? I was browsing and found out that it is being serialized in Shounen Ace, which, to the best of my knowledge, only serializes shounen manga. It's also classified as shounen at Baka-Updates. Not really a gripe - just curious is all.

  4. #64
    Senior Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London (UK)
    Posts
    137
    Picked up chapter five after seeing it on the front page and have read everything that's available since. I'm looking forward to seeing more because at the moment it would appear to have one of two options. the generic shounen route or becoming something different and special.

  5. #65
    DMWL is definitely a shonen, so doesn't really belong here amongst the seinen manga.
    But then again it has a more dark feeling to it... I like it, yes I do.

  6. #66
    J.A.C. Member Redfuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    2,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenometem View Post
    Still, I have to ask: is this really seinen? I was browsing and found out that it is being serialized in Shounen Ace, which, to the best of my knowledge, only serializes shounen manga. It's also classified as shounen at Baka-Updates. Not really a gripe - just curious is all.
    The language, themes, and graphic violence often depicted in this manga lean it towards a seinen genre. All these are necessary for the story telling. To put you in shock and awe at what is happening.

    Fuck is an often used word, it depicts decapitations, excessive blood, mutilation of the body, and sexually oriented themes that are inappropriate for a shounen.

    You can't just base what genre it is upon who publicizes it. The actual content is a much more appropriate basis for that.

  7. #67
    Primum Movens Xenometem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ever heard of Elysium? Yeah, I'm not there.
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by redsquirrel View Post
    The language, themes, and graphic violence often depicted in this manga lean it towards a seinen genre. All these are necessary for the story telling. To put you in shock and awe at what is happening.

    Fuck is an often used word, it depicts decapitations, excessive blood, mutilation of the body, and sexually oriented themes that are inappropriate for a shounen.

    You can't just base what genre it is upon who publicizes it. The actual content is a much more appropriate basis for that.
    I agree that it's a bit more bloody than usual shounen; not so much with the cursing, though, since it seems that Naruto and Bleach are also dipping into that territory more often nowadays. As for sexual content, the only part I can remember being more than shounen material is the flashback of
    Spoiler!


    Pointless demographics aside, though, it is an interesting series. Hopefully it'll end before it gets stale, you know, quality over quantity. Of course, I do hope that most of the questions are answered before it ends. Wouldn't want too many loose ends hanging around.

  8. #68
    Absolutely freaking awesome series.

    Feels way too mature to be classified under Shounen. Definitely a different vibe from the popular shounen titles.

    I can't wait to see what happens next. What exactly is the relationship between Ganta and Shiro?

  9. #69
    J.A.C. Member Redfuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas/New York
    Posts
    2,432
    It's kinda weird, because it has a shonen style story but the mindset of the manga is that of a seinen. It could be argued either way.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by bassment View Post
    Absolutely freaking awesome series.

    Feels way too mature to be classified under Shounen. Definitely a different vibe from the popular shounen titles.

    I can't wait to see what happens next. What exactly is the relationship between Ganta and Shiro?

    Too mature? I have the exact opposite feeling about it. The storytelling is very straightforward if you ask me, like pretty much all shounen. There is some graphic violence now and then which definitely makes it stand out compared to the more popular shounen titles. But that is reduced to nothing if you compare it with a seinen. I think this series fits better somewhere in between shounen and seinen. Call it Seishounen, Shouseinen or whatever :p
    Guess I just read too much seinen to be able to really classify this as a real seinen title.
    Anyway it remains a very interesting manga, can't wait to see how it will further evolve... Hopefully in a more seinen way of course ^^^

    As for the relationship between Ganta & Shiro: I think they might be brother and sister or just childhood friends...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •