Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    it would be kinda weird without sasuke, I mean that is like the main story "finding Sasuke", That been Naruto's goal for like years now, so it would be drastically different without him.

and besides there needs to be a cooler character, I mean naruto looks like an idiot and acts like an idiot (although thats the point), and rarely is awesome beyond reason, sasuke usually fills in those gaps when he's not being uber-emo
    http://http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/hyrulesengulfingdark/ichigo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    you should really read the comments that kishi leaves on the manga chapters(older ones) I've already said this above.
    maybe i missed that

i didn't read the first part of naruto since i saw it in the anime
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    Naruto was supposed to be sole trained by Kakashi, that would talk like Kenshin (oro) in Rurouni Kenshin. This is in side notes in the manga chapters (especially the first couple hundred or so, where Kishi also says that since Sasuke is the hardest one to draw, he's his favourite character)

If the manga did turned out equal in combat system to the actual, Naruto would be more powerful than he is even now since Kakashi would be training Naruto alone all the time till he was powerful enough to don't depend on anyone.
    Is sasuke kishi's favorite cause he's the hardest one to draw, cause kishi likes a challenge, or is it cause he thinks sasuke's story is much more interesting. I don't think kishi wouldn't have the same passion for naruto.

Kishi could've made naruto the strongest easily, but would that have been more interesting to read?

Quote Originally Posted by mgsplayer View Post
    i heard that one too,and if you think of it,it's obvious

kishi was told to create a rival,he created a boy-lover with powerful eyes
    evertything about freakin eyes...
    psychologicaly,the explanation to this "all eyes" thing is not good for kishi

true rivalery is like goku vs vegeta:when vegeta heard goku was still alive,he didn't think like the others about bringing him back,but instead,he took a space ship and trained to become SS
    some people just have a thing for eyes Besides he did include other kekkeigenkais, just that doujutsu look the coolest.

some people just have a thing for eyes Besides he did include other kekkeigenkais, just that doujutsu look the coolest.
    rinengan,sharingan,byakugan...perhaps someday he'll say that yondaime was the ultimate ninja for a reason:his eyes were big and blueO_o

but seriousely,the bone kekei genkai of kimimaru was awsome,same for haku...they are all awsome but they can't do everything
    now sharingan created new diemsions and rinengan makes you a god at 10 years of your age...pleaaase

but since it's all about dojutsu(so it involves eyes) i guess the japanese wil enjoy it...
    i like it,but i prefer that the next new ability in the manga would be a taijutsu or ninjutsu
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

You forget the awesome and deadly power of...
    Yamato's Scary Eyes No Jutsu.
    Speaking of Yamato - his Kekei Genkai is pretty awesome too.

haha well if they were gonna do something on the facial features, or even the whole body the eyes do look the coolest... i mean u cant have a special nose or something -_- not very cool looking lol
    anyway, i cant really imagine how naruto would be without sasuke. itll just be a different manga...

well, it's true that japanese have either an eye fetish or insecurities about their eyes, the reason why all the manga/anime characters have huge eyes. But more importantly the eyes convey emotion much more greatly, u can sense their power, weakness, or fear by looking at some1's eyes. Besides it's the best medium for genjutsu.

So far we have the kekkeigenkais:
    Rinnegan, Byakugan, Sharingan, Mokuton, Hakuton (haku's ice), and kimmimaru's bone tumors. (not sure if suigetsu counts)
    But it's annoying that most kekkeigenkais are from the leaf, cept rinnegan and hakuton.
    I wanna see something like Sandman from wind country, The thing from rock country, Storm from lightning country, or Rainman from rain country (think dustin hoffman). No more eyes.
    With or without sasuke, manga is still awesome, but with sasuke, even better. Also naruto did have a rival, the kyubbi. Kishi's a freaking genius.
    Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 01-11-2008 at 02:22 AM.

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    i didn't read the first part of naruto since i saw it in the anime
    you should
    in certain scenes like when Naruto goes Taijutsu at Neji in the chuunin exam I though he was really retarded but in the manga that never happens. There are some things that change and sometimes it makes you reevaluate the scene and the character itself(I know I passed till shippuden without touching the mangas.

Is sasuke kishi's favorite cause he's the hardest one to draw, cause kishi likes a challenge, or is it cause he thinks sasuke's story is much more interesting. I don't think kishi wouldn't have the same passion for naruto.
    In the manga's kishi notes Kishi states that "Sasuke is hard to draw since I has to make his face look so adult(serious) while being that of a 12 years old boy. cuz the lines an such make him the hardest to draw and cuz of that he is my favorite character" or something like this... it's in the first 20 chapters or so

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Yes, you should really read the manga instead of watching the anime. The manga is way better, it doesn't have all the crap that makes the anime so boring and retarded.
    And yes, he says so about Sasuke, so it's impossible to imagine Naruto without Sasuke right now. He's become like the focus, or target of the whole plot. But i'd still say it would've been good.

About kekkei genkais, i feel there were some that we just weren't told about, like the sound guy with six arms (is it Kidomaru?), how can that be just a jutsu? He creates all that crap from his body... Same with Ukon and Sakon, how do you merge with someone else's body just because you have one amazing technique? I might be wrong but there could still be more. Or is it needed to be plainly stated that it is, to be a kekkei genkai? If so, I apologize in advance.

1. anime is still freaking awesome, if it wasn't for the anime i wouldn't have known bout naruto and gotten interested in mangas. But yea, do read the whole manga.
    2. the plot is about both naruto and sasuke's journeys.
    3. Those sound ninja's abilities weren't clearly stated as kekkeigenkais, they could also be the results of orochimaru's twisted experiments.
    4. You need to shut up. No need to be sarcastic. If you weren't, then i apologize in advance