Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    to add to what afro thunda said remember during the zabuza arc right after haku took zabuza's body kakashi said that there are people who are half the age of naruto that are twice as strong as him(kakashi). so age doesn't really tell much about the strength of a shinobi in the narutoverse.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

nice one u are improving your topics nice nice

people looking at mi post!

Its close to correct with the numbers but humor me here. Oro must perform his jutsu everty three years. It said he tried 10 years ago when he left akatsuki making Itachi 11. He tried to get sasuke now, while Itachi is 21. he tried to take Sasuke three years ago but was too late, then Itachi was 18. That means if Oro tried to take Itachi prior Itachi must have been 15 or the transfer prior to that he would have been 12. The numbers on his hage are close but not precise.

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    Its close to correct with the numbers but humor me here. Oro must perform his jutsu everty three years. It said he tried 10 years ago when he left akatsuki making Itachi 11. He tried to get sasuke now, while Itachi is 21. he tried to take Sasuke three years ago but was too late, then Itachi was 18. That means if Oro tried to take Itachi prior Itachi must have been 15 or the transfer prior to that he would have been 12. The numbers on his hage are close but not precise.
    Oro's encounter with Itachi was the first time he tried to use the soul transfer technique. In other words, that was Oro's original body. If you remember, Oro said that the hand he keeps is the one of his original body. And in his flashback while fighting Sasuke, we see Itachi cutting off that hand. The three year time limit wouldn't kick into effect until after the first successful attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Oro's encounter with Itachi was the first time he tried to use the soul transfer technique. In other words, that was Oro's original body. If you remember, Oro said that the hand he keeps is the one of his original body. And in his flashback while fighting Sasuke, we see Itachi cutting off that hand. The three year time limit wouldn't kick into effect until after the first successful attempt.
    yep i agree with you there.
    also itachi didnt have to do the soul transfer right after to replace his lost hand.
    with the jutsu who showed against 4-tailed naruto he could regrow his arm
    however, he didn't wear the ring thereafter as a symbol of his fall from akatsuki
    I am McLOVIN

A little off topic but, what does oro gain from the body being strong. Its a vessel for him, does he gain their chakra and knowledge. I mean he has a numerous jutsu arsenal, why does the vessel need to be so strong. My point after Itachi owned him he should have went to Konoha and took one of the loser uchihas that already had the sharingan. Like the three itachi beat down prior to the massacre. Maybe even shisui, he would have been a good choice. Also just curios on this, Lets just say Oro takes over sasuke or itachi. Would he only possess the sharingan for three years and then lose it when taking a new body, or does he retain all kekkie genkai that he gains. If he does retain them than i would go for all bodies possessing kekkie genkais rather than power. After thirty years he would have ten uber power kekkie genkais to use together. Just my thoughts.

The vessel needs to be strong to last the high level jutsu's orchimaru does. that is why he does so many tests with humans. Orchimaru's technique lets him take what he wants. he would always keep the sharingan.

I would naturally assume that he would keep the kekkei genkai after every attempt, mainly because then his plan would last only 3 years if he could only keep it that one time, and he made it sound as if his sharingan would last forever.

who cares about orchimaru! Itachi Uchiha will always beat him.....
    R.I.P j-man!

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    A little off topic but, what does oro gain from the body being strong. Its a vessel for him, does he gain their chakra and knowledge. I mean he has a numerous jutsu arsenal, why does the vessel need to be so strong. My point after Itachi owned him he should have went to Konoha and took one of the loser uchihas that already had the sharingan. Like the three itachi beat down prior to the massacre. Maybe even shisui, he would have been a good choice. Also just curios on this, Lets just say Oro takes over sasuke or itachi. Would he only possess the sharingan for three years and then lose it when taking a new body, or does he retain all kekkie genkai that he gains. If he does retain them than i would go for all bodies possessing kekkie genkais rather than power. After thirty years he would have ten uber power kekkie genkais to use together. Just my thoughts.
    i think part of orochimaru's plan for immortality was to get a body with the cursed seal ability i.e. kimmimaru and sasuke. but with a survival rate of 10% only a strong vessel could reap the benefits of the cursed seal. another thing orochimaru also seemed to go after were people with kekkei genkai i.e. kimmimaru and sasuke. kimimaru and sasuke both had kekkei genkai that made them really strong. a vessel with a kekkei genkai and a cursed seal equals a powerful container and in order for orochimaru to learn every jutsu he needs to be really powerful.

the best response i can give to why orochimaru tried to take over itachi instead of another uchiha was simply because itachi had already killed the uchihas. it seems to me like the people that are in akatsuki usually have bad reputations and itachi's reputation is that he killed the members of his clan.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA