Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    He was in Akatsuki at the age of 11 because Pein states that this is the first meeting in 7 years and he's 18 at the time of the meeting. 18-7=11. Orochimaru also left Akatsuki because he could not obtain Itachi's body which would also be 7 years ago and once again conforming that he was 11. Makes sense yea.

Senior Member Bringmethehorizon's Avatar
    I really like your theory

Such a well-presented and accurate analysis. Well done.

It leaves some nasty holes in Madara's story though. For a kid who loved peace, why would Itachi want anything to do with Madara? There's no reason Itachi should want to train from ages 11 to 13 with a guy whose intentions are to destroy Konoha. If Itachi's intentions were peace and stability, he shouldn't have wanted to join an S-rank criminal organization. What did he need to be so powerful for? To make a deal with the devil like that, he would have needed some reason to obtain power.

And I was always under the impression that this was their first meeting:

Spoiler!

That happens immediately before the massacre. Of course, they could have known each other for a while, but why?

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Such a well-presented and accurate analysis. Well done.

It leaves some nasty holes in Madara's story though. For a kid who loved peace, why would Itachi want anything to do with Madara? There's no reason Itachi should want to train from ages 11 to 13 with a guy whose intentions are to destroy Konoha. If Itachi's intentions were peace and stability, he shouldn't have wanted to join an S-rank criminal organization. What did he need to be so powerful for? To make a deal with the devil like that, he would have needed some reason to obtain power.

And I was always under the impression that this was their first meeting:

Spoiler!

That happens immediately before the massacre. Of course, they could have known each other for a while, but why?
    He didn't know Madara was the evil guy when he met him.

Itachi was smart. Instead of taking this immensely powerful organization head-on, he went undercover and planned on destroying it from within.

It all adds up, but at the same time it doesn't. Timeline-wise it's bulletproof, but I don't know how he's tall as/taller than Orochimaru when he's 11 years old
    Ecchi Pics Below:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by erratic View Post
    It all adds up, but at the same time it doesn't. Timeline-wise it's bulletproof, but I don't know how he's tall as/taller than Orochimaru when he's 11 years old

o_O what picture are you talking about? The one where itachi is on the stairs above Orochimaru?

Hm way to go GameBoy! Impressive as always

Initiate
    I am curious as to what this theory is trying to say. If Itachi "did" join Akatsuki before the massacre. What does this mean for the storyline exactly?