Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Okay okay, lets get back on track. So does anyone else think Orochimaru's original body might be hanging around somewhere???

The more I think about it the more I think its possible, even if they haven't hinted at it in the manga.
    you know earlier on when i was reading naruto i also asked myself this same question and i put it as a possibility. the only thing is that his original body would be missing his left hand. but of course that wouldn't mean much since orochimaru knows a way to regrow missing limbs. but then again orochimaru's goal was to achieve immortality and he wanted strong bodies for that. orochimaru even said it himself that kimmimaru's body was the strongest due to his kekkei genkai and he also wanted sasuke's sharingan.

well my point is that i don't think orochimaru has his original body since there were bodies i.e. kimimaru and sasuke that he probably thought were better than his, so there would be no need for his original body. also if he had any attachment to his original body that would hinder him from achieving immortality anyways. i mean part of his immortality was to get into stronger bodies so what would be the point of going back to his weaker older body.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    you know earlier on when i was reading naruto i also asked myself this same question and i put it as a possibility. the only thing is that his original body would be missing his left hand. but of course that wouldn't mean much since orochimaru knows a way to regrow missing limbs. but then again orochimaru's goal was to achieve immortality and he wanted strong bodies for that. orochimaru even said it himself that kimmimaru's body was the strongest due to his kekkei genkai and he also wanted sasuke's sharingan.

well my point is that i don't think orochimaru has his original body since there were bodies i.e. kimimaru and sasuke that he probably thought were better than his, so there would be no need for his original body. also if he had any attachment to his original body that would hinder him from achieving immortality anyways. i mean part of his immortality was to get into stronger bodies so what would be the point of going back to his weaker older body.
    True he wanted to obtain immortality but I thought his ultimate goal was to learn all the jutsu's in the world, and this is why he needed immortality because it would take hella long. Plus having Kimimaru's body would make him physically strong and it would be easier for him to take over his body because of Kimimaru's devotion and desire to be with Orochimaru. But then he wanted Sasuke's body because of the sharingan because then he could copy all the jutsu's out there without needing to learn them the regular way, but it seemed like the Sharingan can resist him or Sasuke's strong will can fight off Orochimaru's technique, although I kinda think the Sharingan has a hand in it somehow.

Basically what Im saying is he wanted only to learn all the jutsu's in the world and then possibly go back to his original body? Maybe his real body is strong enough as it is? I dunno just seems like there should have been an note about where Orochimaru's original body is, like wether it was burried somewhere or whatever...
    A pie in the sky?

True he wanted to obtain immortality but I thought his ultimate goal was to learn all the jutsu's in the world, and this is why he needed immortality because it would take hella long. Plus having Kimimaru's body would make him physically strong and it would be easier for him to take over his body because of Kimimaru's devotion and desire to be with Orochimaru. But then he wanted Sasuke's body because of the sharingan because then he could copy all the jutsu's out there without needing to learn them the regular way, but it seemed like the Sharingan can resist him or Sasuke's strong will can fight off Orochimaru's technique, although I kinda think the Sharingan has a hand in it somehow.

Basically what Im saying is he wanted only to learn all the jutsu's in the world and then possibly go back to his original body? Maybe his real body is strong enough as it is? I dunno just seems like there should have been an note about where Orochimaru's original body is, like wether it was burried somewhere or whatever...
    my bad. i meant to say he wanted immortality in order for him to learn all the jutsus in the world. i don't think orochimaru ever intended to go back to his original body considering the fact that orochimaru's immortality jutsu is really nothing more than a reincarnation jutsu.

thats true, I wonder if all this body jumping is doing anything to dilute his soul or something? Plus why does he have to change bodies every 3 years? Is it because the body he has taken over is starting to reject him? If so then thats a pretty crappy jutsu if you ask me
    A pie in the sky?

thats true, I wonder if all this body jumping is doing anything to dilute his soul or something? Plus why does he have to change bodies every 3 years? Is it because the body he has taken over is starting to reject him? If so then thats a pretty crappy jutsu if you ask me
    I think it is he can only do the soul jutsu once every 3 years. But the reasons he has to change bodies is because his body like stops working good. Maybe because of experimentation or because it rejects the soul.
    I am McLOVIN

the main thing i can think of is that the body is rejecting his soul and i think i have proof of it. remember when orochimaru was about to take over his latest body, he asked the guy for his last wish, and then he told the guy not to be afraid because his(oro's new vessel) would be part of orochimaru's subconscious. so with orochimaru's jutsu he's really just surpressing the other souls of the vessels until he can't do it any longer and then the body dies so he has to switch again. kinda reminds me of FMA and how king bradley was created.

Spoiler!

Must be a bummer to have to keep switching bodies like that, wouldn't it be nice to have a good, empty, familiar body to go back to that you would have to worry about being rejected from......
    A pie in the sky?

Must be a bummer to have to keep switching bodies like that, wouldn't it be nice to have a good, empty, familiar body to go back to that you would have to worry about being rejected from......
    that would be nice but the thing is that there's no such thing as immortality. so the best that can be done is really just prolong life. the only person who might actually be immortal is hidan. i wonder why kishi never explained how his immortality worked.

lol i get what your hitting at but no. Orochimaru wouldn't go back to his old body. Orochimaru was a man to plan his bodies out way ahead in advance. First guy with bones didnt work out then Sasuke didnt get there in time so he had a 3rd body ready. Don't see why he'd use or store his old body when he had so many test subjects.
    I am McLOVIN

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    that would be nice but the thing is that there's no such thing as immortality. so the best that can be done is really just prolong life. the only person who might actually be immortal is hidan. i wonder why kishi never explained how his immortality worked.
    yeah I always wondered that too, there was no way he could have been really immortal right? So weird...

But to answer both u guys's responses, I can see it both ways.

It would be nice to have a new body whenever he wanted one so that he never got old.
    A pie in the sky?