Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by henrikoez View Post
    I see. So seinen's target is adult. I think i quite understand now. thank you,damnz. xD
    At first, I thought both of them are the same. Only spelling differences.

So 20th Century Boys can be specified as Seinen. It is so hard to see the differences just like you says because in Naruto or Bleach there is a lot of bloodshed and more violence scenes too.
    Yes, that's true, but you won't fins a massacre in a shonen, you'll mostly find fights between fighters or skilled people (not normal people, I mean).

To put it easy, just take an overview of the whole plot of Naruto/Bleach and the way that things are developed during the story, and then look at Century Boys. You'll find more "childish" Naruto/Bleach's story than CB's story.

Basically, you can think if wheter the series is made for a teenager/child or for an adult, and you'll know what genre it is

So it is based on the story level. For seinen, it is more "realistic" than shonen? I think i'm quite understand now. lol, thanks :

GTO is a shonen manga, right? The story is about students and their great delinquent teacher after all, every manga lover should have read this manga.

Let's Enjoy Your Meal in Kenpachi Fried Chicken!

GTO is a classic... a must read.
    Like damnz was saying Seinen has a more mature content overall. Sex, violence, plot twists, etc. Even the bloodiest bloodshed in a shonen is nothing more than a flesh wound compared to a blooshed in a seinen. Everything about the seinen is more graphic and deep. I really thought that DN was seinen since it was waaay too psychologicly "crazy" for a teen.

what. GTO sucked. i tried watching the anime and half way through i was really bored. it was the same thing over and over and over. if the anime was shorter then i'm sure i would have liked it. i will admit it was funny but it was just the same thing over and over so it got boring.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

I added Psyren to the list.

I RECOMMEND IT!

If your fans of the following series you might like the manga. Megaman X, Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts Chains of memories, Kingdom Hearts 2, Zelda - A Link to the Past, Zelda - Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda, Zelda - Oracle of Ages and Zelda - Oracle of Seasons. I have them uploaded if anyones interested.

the threads for tsubasa and shaman king are dead/non existent

Aren't Death Note and Claymore considered seinen. Both have have a rating of older teen on the serialized volumes. I have also read them both, and they contain more mature content then all the shonen I read.

Claymore was released on monthly shonen jump before jump square, and death note comes out in weekly shonen jump, so not really. even though it seems claymore and deathnote wouldnt be aimed at the same audiences as naruto and one piece, this is japan we're talking about

Yes, but that is only their name. It doesn't mean they can't publish seinen if they want.