Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

One Piece Blackbeard's touch of death?

What do you guys think would happen if Blackbeard manage to touch Brooke? We know that on touch Blackbeard cancels or "absorbs" the power of the Devil Fruit user, so would it kill him immediately or would he "die" until Blackbeard releases him?
    Also, if Marshal D. teach is able to "absorb" Devil Fruit powers, shouldn't he also be able to "absorb" Life? If he fully mastered his powers I mean? Maybe not or just Life but energy or soul or whatever makes a living being be alive (depending on your believes).
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    What do you guys think would happen if Blackbeard manage to touch Brooke? We know that on touch Blackbeard cancels or "absorbs" the power of the Devil Fruit user, so would it kill him immediately or would he "die" until Blackbeard releases him?
    Also, if Marshal D. teach is able to "absorb" Devil Fruit powers, shouldn't he also be able to "absorb" Life? If he fully mastered his powers I mean? Maybe not or just Life but energy or soul or whatever makes a living being be alive (depending on your believes).
    What do you guys think?
    Brooke's power is the ability of rebirth not death you idiot. If he were to have absored brooke's power, that would mean that he revive if he were killed.

i'm afraid he was talking about brooke. it sounded along the lines of being brooke already dead and alive just because of his df power and being blackbeard able to absorb or cancel df power (though seriously i can't remember it) shouldn't brooke die at teach's touch? sounds a nice paradox to me, which means no real solution.

I don't think Brooke's DF power is maintaining his life, it just brought him back to life.

i know, i think the point is would that be retroactive? since he already died and it seemed he could be revived just once and he's a skeleton and whatever... the df is not keeping him alive, though then why is he even living? but he is alive because of that power. ok, i'm officially lost...

Yes, if I remember, it just means that the fruit sent his soul back into the vessel that is was originally in, despite the current condition it was in (thus the reason why he is still a skeleton) and the only other affect that it has on Brooke is that it makes him sink in the water. Otherwise, his life is sustained apparently. As to why he is still living, well logically it should be impossible, but maybe the devil fruit power grants him life no matter what their condition is in, thus the reason why it does nothing else. I mean, we can't really have an utterly useless devil fruit, can we? Its a give and take I suppose, a second chance at life no matter what for loss of density on sea water and no affect afterwards.

One Piece 443 | Read one piece chapter 443 manga online
    One Piece 443 | Read one piece chapter 443 manga online

he died and that triggered the DF ability and he got resurrected so even if black beard touched him if will not matter coz he already been resurrected but If Blackbeard is the one who killed Brooke and touched him thus absorbing the DF abilities Brooke will not be resurrected....

Spoiler!

I guess we went beyond that, now this topic should be why Brooke is still alive if his power was only to resurrect him lol.

i wouldnt mind if it changed to that... but yeah tenrow u completely misunderstood the question. I would think that Brooke's DF would be "Life" since the medium, Brooke's original body, was a skeleton when he revived. Thus, the condition of the medium is irrelevant (unless the skeleton was destroyed).
    Still, if Teach "absorb" or cancel the "Life" DF ability of Brooke... wouldnt that really kill him or would it kill him until Teach lets him go?
    What do you think of the other question, when Teach masters his ability couldnt he absorb more than Df abilities? Like souls or life force? Which after seeing Brooke's story we know is souls.

Quote Originally Posted by luimac View Post
    i wouldnt mind if it changed to that... but yeah tenrow u completely misunderstood the question. I would think that Brooke's DF would be "Life" since the medium, Brooke's original body, was a skeleton when he revived. Thus, the condition of the medium is irrelevant (unless the skeleton was destroyed).
    Still, if Teach "absorb" or cancel the "Life" DF ability of Brooke... wouldnt that really kill him or would it kill him until Teach lets him go?
    What do you think of the other question, when Teach masters his ability couldnt he absorb more than Df abilities? Like souls or life force? Which after seeing Brooke's story we know is souls.
    wtf!!! hes DF is resurrection and its already been triggered it will not matter if teach touch him or not hes DF abilities is already useless coz he already used it when he died... So BlackBEard will cancel nothing and hes DF is resurrection not life...

Spoiler!