Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    The reason uh, whoever, stated that Kenpachi would die if he learned his sword's name likely stems from the fact that if he learned it, he would be unstoppable. Since you can't have someone running around who could just kill every villian with ease and thus end the manga within a few chapters, he would likely die somehow. At least that's how I'd explain it.

I hope he DOESN'T learn it, ever. One of the keys that define his character is his desire to fight on his on, his OWN strength and power. For him to suddenly use his swords power, for no other reason than to be stronger than someone else, would be a major downfall in the character for me. Keep in mind this is the captain who encourages his soldiers to fight alone, at their own strength. For him to willingly use his sword's strength would mean he would either ignore or change his entire personality.

Now if he uses his sword's power to protect someone dear to him like Yachiru, that's a whole other matter...

Why the hell does everyone think Kenpachi's bankai is going to be "destroy the universe" powerful?

kenpachi does not know the name of his Zanpaktou
    Spoiler!

yes i think ur right SinCreator that would be kind of a downfall but i would think that if he did learn the name that he would only use his bankai if he was near death

Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    Why the hell does everyone think Kenpachi's bankai is going to be "destroy the universe" powerful?
    maybe cuz he's strong

i don't think it will destroy the universe but it will hurt many..
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

ya i think ur right

aizen will cry if zaraki learns bankai ... he will n im sure of that! xD

Quote Originally Posted by SinCreator View Post
    One of the keys that define his character is his desire to fight on his on, his OWN strength and power. For him to suddenly use his swords power, for no other reason than to be stronger than someone else, would be a major downfall in the character for me. Keep in mind this is the captain who encourages his soldiers to fight alone, at their own strength. For him to willingly use his sword's strength would mean he would either ignore or change his entire personality.

Now if he uses his sword's power to protect someone dear to him like Yachiru, that's a whole other matter...
    I think we will see shortly that being defeated for the first time in his life did change ( I would say grow ) his entire personality. We saw a glimpse of it already after the Ichigo fight when he was speaking to his sword and asking it it's name. We did not hear an answer at that time, but what other purpose would it serve than to show his new mindset and a glimpse of Ken's future path/personality.

That being said, personally I think that scene was in fact Ken realizing he needs the help of his zanpaktou after all. He has finally found someone stronger than him out there which has made him realize it for the first time. In my mind the only part left up in the air about learning the zanpaktou's name was whether or not he would be forgiven by his sword for all the years of neglect.

As for achieving Bankai, ( yes in his first fight he did say his sword, like Ich's, is always in it's initial released form ) I think he pulls it off because he was already at his currrent style's limit and lost, so the next progression for him to grow is that. As far as his philosophy of fighting alone and not enacting the help of others, I think that goes by the wayside when it comes to zanpaktous. Ichi is a lot like Naruto in that he does not just defeat a person, but rather changes them, and in this case Ken's the victim.

Never watch dubbed Anime Ozcorp's Avatar

Bleach Zanpaktou or a beat up Katina

When did ya'll start watching Bleach? After episode 120? Kenpachi's sword is a beat up Katina not a zanpaktou. The episode I think it is 119 or 120 when Ikkuru is fighting that Volcanica Arrencar, he first brings out his Banki, he almost died. The next episode we see When Kensin meets Yurichi and then runs into Ikkuru and pretty boy in soul sociatys worst area Rugundi same place Renji & Rukkia are from. Kenpachi had so much spirit energy he took his sword a rusty beat up Katina from some nobody and has yet beside Ichigo been defeated and as long as they are both breathing the battle is not over in his mind. That is where he gained the loyalty of Ikkuru & pretty boy folows wherever Ikkuru goes. They find out he beat the previous captain of 11th squad and both enter the Zarakki Corp, watch he only calls it 11th squad when talking about lower seated members and refuses to show anyone his Banki, as well as refuses Renji who begs him to become a captain. His only desire in life is to fight & die under Kenpachi's leadership! Also note Kenpachi's sword never releases, he releases himself by using his eye patch his sword is only a tool not a shinigami's zanpaktou. He does have the power to pull a zanpaktou from his soul, the question is how much soul is left and would he depend on anything besides his own strength? Check him out (in the pic below) before he enters and kills the previous 11th squad captain. Always pay attention and remember your plot-line before asking about rumors posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ozcorp; 01-10-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: to check episode number with pic

i have been watching bleach since epi 1 and ur wrong its not a beat up katana he even said so him self that it is a zanpaktou when he was fighting ichigo in epi 36-39 or something like that