Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is everybody dead?

I think so. So far only DFX has confirmed his... aliveness.

Anybody else from the greatest group ever, Binktopia, still alive?

Me

It would be great, if only for the sake of a final mental/emotional resolution, to get the real story of what happened to Mangashare. ASCE disappeared, Franky bowed out, and anybody we members thought were officials just melted away without any explanation.

I don't like loose ends, so I'm asking anyone in the know to say something.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Retired Administrator
    Lol, nothing exciting happened. A lot of the staff went off to post secondary schooling. Some had kids, etc.

When I started with this bullshit I lived with my parents, since then I've gone to school and worked multiple jobs, live in my own house now... the world just moves along.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

This site is dead because new member accounts are never activated. I'm only able to post because I made a throwaway facebook and signed up with it. If you sign up normally, even after verifying your email, you won't be able to post. I'm guessing the admins made it so they have to manually enable an account before someone can post, but all admins are now gone. No new members = this site is destined to die.

Is anyone in charge here, who is that person? I can't understand why As older admins leave they don't appoint newer admins to replace them. Nobody ever treats a business or organizations like that. What if someone wants to buy Mangashare, who should they approach? Frankly the thought had crossed my mind once, but I got into other thngs when it became clear that there is no one at home here.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Can't believe I still remembered my login X-D

Yeah, I'll never forget this place--This used to be the prime destination to get word on when the big three dropped early (*cough*illegally*cough*) each week. I used to lurk here for years, rooting for certain posts and discussion points made each week on each chapter before I finally broke down and opened an account myself.

Of course the death knell was the removal of so much manga from the site (also happened to stream, but they are still very much alive and kicking). Moreover, this site used to simply link to the scans when they went up, but whoever was in charge of doing that stopped performing this service too. I suppose the desiccation of the forum discussions was inevitable after all that.

Fortunately, there are still places online to have outlandish and/or thoughtful discussions with like-minded kindred fans from around the world! But I take what I first learned and perfected here out into the bigger world of fandom. Hope to see some of you old guard out there too! lol

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

I'm still here lol. Just not as active as I use to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I honestly really do miss this site quite a bit.

Logging on to MS and looking up new mangas and messing with different members used to be one of my daily routines. Kind of like checking my email and reading the daily news.
    I really don't know why MS fizzed out the way it did. But I must say it really is a shame.
    Though if anyone wanted to do a revival i'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult. All one would have to do is get a few active posters, and then start emailing all the old members letting them know that MS is back.

/me blinks.

Been trying to remember this site for a while. Lost three computer Harddrives since I was active downloading here. I haven't had the heart to get back into manga but I stumbled upon Madoka Box which I remember reading and a fire started in my soul. the desire to consume once again even though I lack a computer.