Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sharingan vs Byakugan

Who wins in a fight if the user is equally matched in ability and use of their kekkie genkai. Obviously someone like madara or even Kakashi would own someone like Hinata. So take two gennin, two chuunin, two jounin, or two kage level shinobi which would win the fight between Sharingan and Byakugan.

I personally think a higher level ninja in the jounin and kage level the fight would be won by the sharingan user. They would trap the byakugan in a genjutsu right off the back.

A lower level ninja such as a gennin or even a chuunin the fight would go to the Byakugan user. If the sharingan user hasn't learned high level genjutsu, take sasuke during beginning of chuunin exams for example, I think the Byakugan user would use the close rang taijutsu and win.

What do you guys think.

the best way to test this theory between each of the eyes is to take the best sharingan user in history (probably madara) in their prime and take the best byakugan user in history in their prime and have the two fight.

yet, because we have no idea if there is such a jutsu that allows one to use time travel, its best just to use the two best users from the time period that the manga is following.

for the byakugan, the choice for the fighter would probably be neji, being the one that has had the most time on screen and manga time as well. maybe the clan leader, but no idea if neji is better than the leader.

for the sharingan, it would be a hard pick between sasuke, itachi and madara ; kakashi not included since he has only one sharingan and not an original blood-line user, meaning that he can't use the power to its fullest extent as well as sasuke, itachi, and madara could, being of the blood-line.

we have no idea how good madara is so far, being that since he's fighting naruto and the team, he's only used hand-to-hand combat. sasuke would be a good pick, being that we've seen himself kill deidara by himself, but could he have killed itachi...all the times that sasuke has fought with itachi, he's lost, and recently, when we've thought he's killed him, its just his crows. itachi's strong point is his mangekyou sharingan, being that he can torture the enemy within a few seconds, and uses genjutsu to an extreme level that's hard to match. but does he have skills that match madara, the founder of the clan and possibly, historically the pinnacle of its power. but does madara also still have his power...

in all, the real test would be between the two in a manor of how powerful their skills are, how each utilizes their eye's powers, and how to utilise all forms of jutsu in a way that will benefit them on the offense and defense.

Sharingan so far, Byakugan only give 360 degree sight as well as a long range sight, it doesn't seem to make enemy move in slower motion like Sharingan. Sharingan can cast powerful genjutsu as well, so... think about it lol

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    The best way would pick the same all-around ninja and add Sharingan and Byakugan to each version. After a while you'd have your answer.

I don't think Byakugan necessarily owns taijutsu wise I mean, if Neji fought Lee or Sasuke would he be able to follow the movements and counter before he got hit? Even with the Kaiten if Sasuke uses a massive powerful jutsu such as fire dragon he might be able to bypass the defense and even if he can't, Kaiten must spend an unreasonable amount of chakra so using it limitless is not an option. Still if the users speed is equal Byakugan has the advantage in Taijutsu

Byakugan users look everywhere so get them with Genjutsu is either absurdly easy or near impossible due to some natural resilience. This is however the reason why Uchiha clan is feared - Genjutsu trough Sharingan. This is either the greatest weak point of Byakugan or Byakugan has resilience or easily sees trough Genjutsu.

Ninjutsu depends on the ninja but Sharingan should have advantage over Byakugan plus all of Byakugan users were never spotted doing jutsu's of other nature then not Byakugan affiliated.

All in all I still see the Byakugan as more versatile in itself and the Sharingan is quicker to adapt to any situation. I've got to say that if speed, stamina, strategy and overall attributes are equal, Sharingan wins by keeping distance and attack with ninjutsu's or Byakugan if he can bring the fight to close range in a small place.

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Quote Originally Posted by blueiris385 View Post
    Who wins in a fight if the user is equally matched in ability and use of their kekkie genkai. Obviously someone like madara or even Kakashi would own someone like Hinata. So take two gennin, two chuunin, two jounin, or two kage level shinobi which would win the fight between Sharingan and Byakugan.

I personally think a higher level ninja in the jounin and kage level the fight would be won by the sharingan user. They would trap the byakugan in a genjutsu right off the back.

A lower level ninja such as a gennin or even a chuunin the fight would go to the Byakugan user. If the sharingan user hasn't learned high level genjutsu, take sasuke during beginning of chuunin exams for example, I think the Byakugan user would use the close rang taijutsu and win.

What do you guys think.
    sharingan genjutsu is made by optical contact,with either an eye or a finger...maybe more

but since the byakugan can see all the chakra highways inside the shinobi,i doubt a hyuuga would fall for a sharingan genjutsu...

the sharingan genjutsu leaves a fake image in the oponent's head,while the uchiha takes the pleasure of hurting the mind and body...that same image can't fool a byakugan user since he would notice that the physical thing in front of him is fake

so against byakugan,sound based illusions(for ex) might work,but not the optical ones
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

I'd rather not get into this discussion. I've seen this battle before and a winner is never decided lol.

I remember a thread like this a while back. Kishi has yet to show us byakugan's or rinnegan's true powers so we can't judge which is better just yet. We still have yet to see a sharingan vs byakugan or rinnegan vs byakugan or rinnegan vs sharingan battle. That's why I wanna know how hinata holds up to Tobi's Sharingan. But a Doujutsu battle with all 3 doujutsu users would be freaking awesome. Personally I agree with mgsplayer, byakugan has got to be immune to any optical genjutsus, only thing that could affect it is the frogs singing or tayuya's musical flute.
    Last edited by Rokudaime Sennin ™; 01-03-2008 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    I'd rather not get into this discussion. I've seen this battle before and a winner is never decided lol.
    i agree. i think k-oz opened a thread about this similar discussion and in the end there was no decisive winner.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

i think there's being a thread like this before, but just to say the byakugan is praised for it power of sheer and powerful insight capability, and that insight is the ability to see the chakra threads and block them and other stuff like that, insight capacity makes it useful for searching, tracking, and identifying targets. while the sharingan grants the user different abilities and a different insight, another thing the sharingan grants the user incredible clarity of perception, allowing them to track fast-moving objects with ease and even predict the movements, and another thing is that the sharingan has hypnosis. (aka genjutsu) so basically they both have strenghts and weaknesses.

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

Byakugan would win
    Spoiler!