Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

How did Kakashi get his Mangekyo Sharingan? Discuss~!

Isn't the MS supposedly unlocked if you killed your best friend? Apparently Kakashi's best friend was Obito and he's long gone. Perhaps you just needed the emotion (like agony, guilt etc.) you'll have upon doing it and MS will be unlocked?

I'm really curious about this.

Everyone come and state your opinion about it!

a very good topic
    i don't like the idea of feeling guilt-unlocking new powers...
    i'd say he got it via KageBunshin training method
    Last edited by mgsplayer; 01-01-2008 at 03:16 PM.
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Maybe its because most likey your best friend would also be your strongest rival. So the act of killing your rival would mean that you surpassed them in power and skill. So maybe its the act of beating someone who was stronger than you to unlock it and not nessisarily the killing part.

So maybe Kakashi did it by training to the point were he knew for sure that he surpassed the person he considered his rival, which might have been the 4th Hokage. So maybe he did something that the 4th couldn't do and that level of acheivement is what unlocked the MS for him.

Just my own theory of course. Would help if they actually have Kakashi say how he did it.

well, i don't think that kakashi had to kill a friend to get his, being that its not like itachi's mangekyou sharingan from their different patterns and different powers. how it is possible to accomplish and what methods should come along later in the show. if sasuke found a way, it had to have been help from orochimaru, being that his goal had been to take his body for the sake of having the sharingan. and if orochimaru found a way, then there must be some sorta secret that itachi possibly might not know of.

yet, i do believe that as one does go deeper into the power of the sharingan, one loses their natural human senses. example, when kakashi and itachi met up, he asked how bad his eyesight had become, while itachi had surprised by that statement. and in the recent manga chapter of 384, when sasuke asked "are you deaf?", i took it as a sasuke's real possible question.

in all, i feel that as a sharingan user tries to go farther with the power, there needs to be a certain sacrifice to achieve that power.

i don't kakashi met the kill your best friend requirements because he wasn't responsible for obito's death. obito risked his life to save his nakama so there's no way kakashi is responsible. also here's another reason why i doubt kakashi met that requirement. when itachi was telling sasuke about the MS he said that only an uchiha was capable of unlocking it, but kakashi someone who isn't an uchiha has the MS. i think kakashi obtained it another way.

also i don't think it's the fact that you kill your best friend that makes you acquire the MS, but rather the fact that you are willing to do anything for it that gives you that power. killing your best friend in all regards is messed up yet supposedly itachi did it. he was willing to kill someone who he considered an older brother in order to attain power. that's the difference between itachi and kakashi and that's why i don't buy the kakashi felt responsible for obito's death idea so that's why he has MS.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Well, I kinda was in the belief that he trained in order to protect naruto from the Akatsuki. He realized it when he went head on against Itachi and even J-man told him that at his level he wasnt able to protect naruto from them.

And he is all about protecting his allies with his own life if necessary.

Plus its seems to me like he forced his own MS. Mostly by focusing a lot of his chakra into his sharingan eye. If i remember correctly, he was focusing a lot of chakra into it during his and naruto fight against Deidara. And even when so far as stating that since he doesnt have as much chakra as naruto it takes him a lot time to achieve it.

So thats my 2 cents.

on the episode where itatchi comes back to leaf village and uses mangekyu on kakashi after the torment itatchi looks at kakashi and says "did you....?" i think he copy it somehow

Quote Originally Posted by zeroLT View Post
    Well, I kinda was in the belief that he trained in order to protect naruto from the Akatsuki. He realized it when he went head on against Itachi and even J-man told him that at his level he wasnt able to protect naruto from them.

And he is all about protecting his allies with his own life if necessary.

Plus its seems to me like he forced his own MS. Mostly by focusing a lot of his chakra into his sharingan eye. If i remember correctly, he was focusing a lot of chakra into it during his and naruto fight against Deidara. And even when so far as stating that since he doesnt have as much chakra as naruto it takes him a lot time to achieve it.

So thats my 2 cents.
    kakashi didn't force his MS he was just trying to activate it. remember he's not an uchiha so it should take him a while for him to activate it also he doesn't have a lot of chakra as well so that should also add time to how quickly he can activate it. or another thing to think of that is highly probable is that since kakashi just got the MS, he still needs to get used to it. i mean we never saw itachi when he got his MS so we have no idea how it was for him. i think kakashi just has to get used to his MS.

Quote Originally Posted by farstadman View Post
    on the episode where itatchi comes back to leaf village and uses mangekyu on kakashi after the torment itatchi looks at kakashi and says "did you....?" i think he copy it somehow
    you can't copy a kekkei genkai. kakashi said this when he was helping naruto with his kage bunshin training.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

it was his will to get stronger so he can handle itachi's MS

200 posts!
    I am McLOVIN

someone on another topic thinks kakashi had his own sharingan

narutards keep impressing me
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood