Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I agree that whatever the outcome of the battle-- Luffy will have nothing to do with it. Oda has a good series going that to me has done everything right and not disappointed, I can only see this fight end up as a victory fought with Zoro in charge if not taking it on all together. He did say he would never lose another fight, and that's too powerful of a moment in the series to forsake.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the ONE (future) Strawhat that has not made an appearance yet; Brooke. Let's not forget atmosphere is completely irrelevant to Brook, so the devil fruit powers of Kuma are half as effective against Brooke. Not sure how it will all play out but I'm sure that this much is going to happen when Brooke comes back.

Lest I hope it will; my favorite moment in the series because it blind-sided me so much was when Luffy finally confronted the all-powerful Eneru and beat him. It was such an obvious and fundamental law that allowed Luffy, and only Luffy, to win that fight and I didn't see it coming at all.

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    my favorite moment in the series because it blind-sided me so much was when Luffy finally confronted the all-powerful Eneru and beat him. It was such an obvious and fundamental law that allowed Luffy, and only Luffy, to win that fight and I didn't see it coming at all.
    I was thinking about the rubber-electricity thing since I saw what was the power of Enel but it was still to good to see enel and nami looking half dumb for a moment there.

Well either:
    Zoro's gonna go through the limits on next chapter;

Luffi gets up and asks if there is meat, sees the guy, says he'll beat him, everybody else says he is a Shichibukai, he says so were Crocodile and Moria and the other guys say that they nearly killed Luffy (Crocodile in three separate occasions);

Some other character (the clown dude...bugy I think, Absalom and Hogbak, some other not expected) gets in the middle and Kuma is forced to retreat or the crew escapes; the marines designate Luffy has the new Shichibukai and that saves the crew;

The crew gangs on yet another Shichibukai.

hey after years and years of reading the manga I finally caught up with the releases...ok ok it only took about two weeks...this stuff is addicting an is, in my opinion, better than Bleach or Naruto. Hope to be a regular on One Piece sub-forum section

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

-_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by draciel View Post
    Well either:
    Zoro's gonna go through the limits on next chapter;

Luffi gets up and asks if there is meat, sees the guy, says he'll beat him, everybody else says he is a Shichibukai, he says so were Crocodile and Moria and the other guys say that they nearly killed Luffy (Crocodile in three separate occasions);

Some other character (the clown dude...bugy I think, Absalom and Hogbak, some other not expected) gets in the middle and Kuma is forced to retreat or the crew escapes; the marines designate Luffy has the new Shichibukai and that saves the crew;

The crew gangs on yet another Shichibukai.

I don't buy any of these. Especially buggy going into this, just lol.
    Well, we'll see in 2 weeks.

You have duly explained the only possible outcomes leading to success. There's always the chance of failure after all, and it's entirely possible... I don't foresee anyone dying but I do anticipate someone, namely Zoro, to disappear (not technically losing) for a while by Kuma's hand and for Kuma to need to retreat afterwards.

I really do think Zoro is due for some comeuppance after all; I've been waiting since somewhere around chapter 100 for his cursed sword to come into play somehow. A tale by himself would be perfect for that and what better chance for that than right now?

The only off thing about that theory is that Usopp left in the last story arc, so a repetition is kind of odd albeit the case would be very different and instead of waiting on a nakama they would obviously actively seek Zoro out. Not to mention we seem to see a repetition of another nakama joining the Strawhats very soon after another did, it's been a while since two contiguous story arcs have produced new crew members.

One way or the other I will say Luffy will have nothing to do with the victory, aside from maybe waking up and discouraging an already matched and weary Kuma to retreat. I also think Brooke will come back because he's been mysteriously absent since they took down Oz and he's the only character that would conceivably be immune to Kuma's power.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    Perhaps the most shocking portion of this chapter is the coverpage. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, Vivi was the featured covergirl. The coverpage is traditionally reserved for one of the straw hats. For Vivi to make a third appearance in it, after ages of inactivity, is an indication that Oda still considers Vivi as a part of the crew.
    Can u please post the cover page ???
    I wanna see it too
    Thanks a bunch

Here you go.

Spoiler!

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    You have duly explained the only possible outcomes leading to success.
    yeah...I guess I'm so in loved by Luffy I can't portrait him loosing....seriously

well how about they all get captured and are able to run away on the ship/prison of the government?

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

It is hard to predict what is gonna happen in the next chapter. And it feels good!
    But my guess is that after the explosion kuma is going to leave the ship, we will believe that they are all dead BUT then we see someone from the SH crew, and then he will explain how he saved all the others.

By the way, does anybody know when is chapter 485 gonna be released?
    Last edited by PirateNinjaHunter; 01-08-2008 at 08:21 PM.

I think the next chapter will be released around 18 or 21 January.

For OP, maybe Kuma is just bluffing with the Ursus Shock. xD
    So they'll survive and Brock will join the crew. Next destination : Merman Island.

Let's Enjoy Your Meal in Kenpachi Fried Chicken!

Even though Luffy fought for quite a while, i still think he is far from reaching his limit, sure he had 100 shadows in him, he used 3rd gear in normal mode and used it while using second gear, but i still think he hasn't reach his limit yet, he is probably just taking a quick nap.
    Now when Kuma has detonated that bomb of paws, he will talk about a lot of crap probably and at one point talk about how Ace got defeated by Blackbeard and he is about to be executted within a month period or something and that is when Luffy wakes up and just goes nuts, gear 2nd and everything, even if Kuma rejects his attacks, the attacks will just all rebounce and go back to kuma and are gonna be like that till Luffy figures how to accually hit him. and there u go, 2 shichibukai down.
    AWSOME, ONE PIECE IS JUST FREAKING AWSOME!!.