Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I can't wait for Hogback and Absalom's vengeful action! It probably be launch(I say some destructive explosion also) at the same time as that of Kuma's, lol!
    Anyways this chapter is really a showoff for Kuma, can't wit for more strawhat vs Kuma actions..... Sigh i think that fight will be ended in the next chapter...
    Will the strawhats survive??!!

where is the chapter i can't find it on the site?
    DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!!!

oh so that was you hahaha i thought i had a mental block thinking i released that. :p thanks anyway man. cool chapter too, reminds me of crazy dragonball fights where the characters just seems hopeless

former mod
    sorry, i was just like...too hyped and couldn't wait to share it, ahahaha^^

nice job, by the way

Im not so sure. I just re-watched the zoro vs hawk eyes fight and realized that zoro promised to never lose to another aponent until he beat hawk eyes. Just a thought, but this could be zoros chance to prove himself worthy of a fight with hawk eyes.

Perhaps the most shocking portion of this chapter is the coverpage. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, Vivi was the featured covergirl. The coverpage is traditionally reserved for one of the straw hats. For Vivi to make a third appearance in it, after ages of inactivity, is an indication that Oda still considers Vivi as a part of the crew.

Now in regard to Zoro V.S. Kuma, I consider this battle an intentional build up of Zoro's profile. Till now, Zoro(and the other unnamed straw hat folks here)has been largely eclipsed under the great shadow that is Luffy. Many consider Zoro as "the second strongest member", and appropriately so. Oda set this battle up simply to prove to the readers that the power structure within the Straw Hat isn't all that nailed down plank by plank. Perhaps this is a foreshadowing of a future Zoro V.S. Luffy showdown?

In any case, I highly anticipate chapter 485. Perchance we may even see "Asura Zoro" for the second time in his full glory.

Quote Originally Posted by zidane21ps View Post
    Thanks for that, this version is much better than the one Franky House released.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeTheGold View Post
    Perhaps the most shocking portion of this chapter is the coverpage. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, Vivi was the featured covergirl. The coverpage is traditionally reserved for one of the straw hats. For Vivi to make a third appearance in it, after ages of inactivity, is an indication that Oda still considers Vivi as a part of the crew.

Now in regard to Zoro V.S. Kuma, I consider this battle an intentional build up of Zoro's profile. Till now, Zoro(and the other unnamed straw hat folks here)has been largely eclipsed under the great shadow that is Luffy. Many consider Zoro as "the second strongest member", and appropriately so. Oda set this battle up simply to prove to the readers that the power structure within the Straw Hat isn't all that nailed down plank by plank. Perhaps this is a foreshadowing of a future Zoro V.S. Luffy showdown?
    On the subject of Vivi, I personally wouldn't mind seeing a third female character on the Straw Hat crew. If Vivi spent this whole time training, she could be as strong as the crew currently is. However to have a princess of a country team up with a pirate crew would make Alabasta look bad and the Straw Hats would probably not fully allow it. It really depends if Oda can develop a valid reason for Vivi to return or not.

Originally I was going to agree with you Duke on the Straw Hat crew showing that each one of them can fight the good fight like Luffy can when needed be. However after Kuma's Ursala Shock attack that occurred at the end of the chapter, I dare predict that someone is dead. While Oda usually uses the shonen angle way too much, there are multiple moments in the story where someone has died or has been shown killed. Even if they are revealed to be alive later on. I think this is an opportunity for Oda to show that even though One Piece is a shonen series, sad events like a major character dying do occur as well.

Plus people are forgetting the following small information:
    [a] Thriller Bark has been drifting out of the Florian Triangle area into some unknown area

[b] Kuma's Ursala shock attack could have easily knocked everyone out, what would Kuma do because of that? Would he take advantage of the situation and kidnap Luffy or would he just tell the World Government that he took care of the Straw Hats and etc?

[c] After Moria's defeat, multiple individuals were shown getting their shadows back, including a pirate ship that Oda made sure to mention. Why was that "certain" pirate ship mentioned?
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Veteran Member
    for some reason i keep seeing luffy being a great person for fighting kuma sort of the same way he owned enel

his rubber should just repel the atmostphere back---that would be wicked, but kuma would repel it back

i just cant wait to see luffy fight kuma