3 17.65%
  • |3| Average

1 5.88%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    As much as this chapter brought an entirely higher level of action packed fear, blood and death, I'm a bit disappointed Kubo is "killing off" characters he spent much of the series bringing to dynamic light. While I understand the approach to building a serious threat and impending doom, I'm still unhappy Kira is, presumably until the end of this story, departed of the Bleach world. In all seriousness, what a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriot69 View Post
    As much as this chapter brought an entirely higher level of action packed fear, blood and death, I'm a bit disappointed Kubo is "killing off" characters he spent much of the series bringing to dynamic light. While I understand the approach to building a serious threat and impending doom, I'm still unhappy Kira is, presumably until the end of this story, departed of the Bleach world. In all seriousness, what a shame.
    We can't be so sure if he is dead.... if unohana is near by or hachigen maybe even mayuri's regeneration serums, he might have a chance.... we've seen so many heavy serious damages in bleach that can be cured miraculously because of the abilities of unohana, inoue, hachigen, and mayuri.... though without immediate care on kira... he'd be done

^I think what he meant to say is Kubo just killed Kira's screen time for this arc/the rest of the manga. We won't probably see him fighting again soon that's for sure.

sig made by me

This is the final arc! More characters are gonna die!! The only question is...who is next?!
    ---------
    ...You Know?..

Just want to comment on the "death" of Kira. One the things that stands out among the greatest series, books and such, is authors ability's to kill of characters. Even tho Kira is a great character, I personally like him, I think that Kubo killing him of brings the series to another level. This is a good thing to kinda jump start the series again, with it's last and final arc.

Of course this all about taste in story writing, but for most people dramatic things and final things, like death, is what makes a series excited. If someone told, these people will survive, these will die, would it be as exciting? I think not.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    Just want to comment on the "death" of Kira. One the things that stands out among the greatest series, books and such, is authors ability's to kill of characters. Even tho Kira is a great character, I personally like him, I think that Kubo killing him of brings the series to another level. This is a good thing to kinda jump start the series again, with it's last and final arc.

Of course this all about taste in story writing, but for most people dramatic things and final things, like death, is what makes a series excited. If someone told, these people will survive, these will die, would it be as exciting? I think not.
    As I mentioned in my initial post, I am fully aware of the practices of writing, authoring, and thus dictating the characters' lives. So too do I acknowledge that Kubo is right in killing off some of the better known characters for the purpose of elevating the story to another level of excitement, expected or otherwise, and I likewise do not deny this previous chapter was anything short of such.

Similarly, I do not fully blame Kubo for killing off Kira. Imo, Kira is/was one of the most dynamic VC in the series, becoming even more "understood" and relatable from a reader's standpoint than some of the VC "faces" like Renji or Rangiku. While his death is unfortunate, I also do NOT claim he shouldn't have died in the war; simply, because he is one of the more level headed and higher tier VC, I had hoped he would stand and fight for "x" amount of minutes in noble cause, possibly knowing/realizing he/SS cannot win but nonetheless releasing all he has in an effort to lay his duty on the line.

That is all. Not saying he shouldn't've died in the same fashion, but I just have this picture of him spilling one last philosophical homage to the circumstances and their inevitable outcome before he charges forward and has his right side obliterated which would elevate him further above his lesser-recognized badass self.

Quote Originally Posted by playerhm View Post
    This is the final arc! More characters are gonna die!! The only question is...who is next?!
    that old man...maybe... (kidding) but so far, the dead people are just the normal shinigami, and the captains will go to solve the qunicies... but, the Qunicies seem really awesome in this chapter.!

While his death is unfortunate, I also do NOT claim he shouldn't have died in the war; simply, because he is one of the more level headed and higher tier VC, I had hoped he would stand and fight for "x" amount of minutes in noble cause, possibly knowing/realizing he/SS cannot win but nonetheless releasing all he has in an effort to lay his duty on the line.

That is all. Not saying he shouldn't've died in the same fashion, but I just have this picture of him spilling one last philosophical homage to the circumstances and their inevitable outcome before he charges forward and has his right side obliterated which would elevate him further above his lesser-recognized badass self.
    This is the issue I had with his demise as well--Kira has been an active part of the story, through nearly every arc, for so long that we have grown to know/somewhat like him. He should NOT have been killed off BEFORE and IN THE SAME MANNER as a bunch of no-name, random Shinigami who were introduced to the story all of 3 pages before they died! That brings Kira's entire character arc down to the same level as "fucking ape" guy and "yawning" guy. He deserved much, much more.

Sure, kill off random Lieutenant from the 1st squad using only one panel, because we don't know (or give a shit about) him. At all. But "flower of despair, please don't forgive me" Kira? Without even giving him a chance to show us his all?! Bullocks, I say!

So in short: Kubo's send-off for such a dynamic, reliable, and familiar character was GREVIOUSLY mishandled. Shame on him.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    That's the whole point, Kira did show his all, and was squashed like the bug he is. I found it rather fitting, realistic, and perhaps even necessary. I'm genuinely enjoying this new twist of Quincies returning with a vengeance and actually posing a threat to soul society, now more so than ever.

They're perfect for killing spiritual beings, of which shinigami are, as well as hollows. I'm glad that Uryu, as much as a gifted prodigy that he is, is still but an amateur compared to these Quincies.

This war seems much more promising that even Aizen's attack, of which the elite captains didn't even unleash bankai. The withholding of their bankai's annoyed me but it makes perfect sense in the light of this war. I'm sure to enjoy it.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    This is the issue I had with his demise as well--Kira has been an active part of the story, through nearly every arc, for so long that we have grown to know/somewhat like him. He should NOT have been killed off BEFORE and IN THE SAME MANNER as a bunch of no-name, random Shinigami who were introduced to the story all of 3 pages before they died! That brings Kira's entire character arc down to the same level as "fucking ape" guy and "yawning" guy. He deserved much, much more.

Sure, kill off random Lieutenant from the 1st squad using only one panel, because we don't know (or give a shit about) him. At all. But "flower of despair, please don't forgive me" Kira? Without even giving him a chance to show us his all?! Bullocks, I say!

So in short: Kubo's send-off for such a dynamic, reliable, and familiar character was GREVIOUSLY mishandled. Shame on him.

Word!!!! Well said well said, i think that is what readers like myself felt toward the 'death' of kira...frankly i think kerbstomping him like the other 2 shinigami would have got the point across already, and may i mention that if realistic is what you are looking for in this manga then u have been barking up the wrong tree for a long time my friend...