Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So, HD...

So, HD...

So today my dad bought a 47-inch Olevia LCD HDTV and I'm beginning to learn what HDDVDs are all about...hahaha...yeaaah and we're getting a home theater system(surround sound) along with a HDDVD player tomorrow

Now I've heard about HD radio, and HD channels on direct tv, and HD everything.

...I'm totaling the cash for everything and it's insane.

So I'm here to ask, how many of you actually own some form of HD format in your house? And in what form? (This excludes Xbox 360 users =p)

Retired Administrator
    Uhh, does HD tv + satellite count?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Yes, that's actually what I have right now.

I recently (summer) got a new 52 inch LCD full HD TV and everyone's been crowding it ever since. I have IO which comes with some nice HD channels for sports (like ESPN) and movies (like HBO) so I'm pretty damn happy with it. Picture quality is excellent although, to bring out full HD (as no company transmits their channels in 1080p quality) you gotta go with either gaming (PS3) or movie disc (Blu-ray). We've been buying the Pirates of the Caribbean movies in blu-ray and it looks orgasmic.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

I have to agree with Asce. I have the same specs as him (56 inch tv) and when I watch Pirates on Blu-Ray I'm actually quite amazed.

okay... we have a fuckin pioneer elite 61 inch 1080p plasma, but since we dont have blu ray/ hd dvd i havent seen its full potential yet.

made by [DFX]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    you got me what I always wanted \o/
    you're now my favorite person.
    jaeger makes the internet go round

Quote Originally Posted by tatsukai1990 View Post
    okay... we have a fuckin pioneer elite 61 inch 1080p plasma, but since we dont have blu ray/ hd dvd i havent seen its full potential yet.
    Ahh plasma isn't my taste...but yeah I was watching Pirates in Circuit City on their best TV and it was amazing how well HD performed...it really looked like an xbox 360 game mixed with reality...and then I saw a Heroes clip in HD and I'm just like "wtfhax it's happening again!"

I'm hoping my dad will be cool with getting HD channels; an additional 10 bucks I think. But then my friend told me he got his for free because of a Christmas special ;_; (Cable)

I've already played xbox 360 on this baby and it's amazing, but I'm not gonna dare think about setting up the wii, that's just too risky of killing the TV.

Oh and here's a question: What's the difference between 1080i and 1080p? I have 1080p and I know it's better, but in what way?
    Last edited by Syaozen; 12-28-2007 at 09:23 AM.

1080i = interlaced meaning when the frame gets rendered (drawn to the TV) it is done with odd numbered lines first and then even numbered.
    1080p = progressive meaning when the frame gets rendered it is done with a single pass, all lines at once so it looks much more smoother and contiguous.

Other than that, they are both the same resolution as far as I know.

(Don't quote me on it though as I might have mixed up something small).

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    I don't want to piss on your fire.

But when I want to see the movie better - I sit closer.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    I don't want to piss on your fire.

But when I want to see the movie better - I sit closer.
    i'll take you have glasses NPG...
    i am planning on getting a ps3+Sony Bravia full HD...i did a little reaserch and i read that pros praised the Bravia engine
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood