Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50
  1. #11
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenrow View Post
    IMO this is a perfectly good reason to bash Naruto.

    In most if not all aspects he really is the greatest example of how a ninja shouldn't act. Ninja's exist not as assassins but as info gatherers. This requires keen awareness and stealth, 2 of which Naruto does not have. The one thing that I get peeved at is the amount of luck that he gets, and how he passes it as skill (though being lucky is a skill... i guess). He is loud, obnoxious, and fights through the usages of the most over-exaggerated and emotional "feelings."

    To be honest, if you could, would you really hire a ninja who doesn't stfu and wears a bright orange jumpsuit to go out and do assassinations?

    I just find it ironic that it's all the supporting characters in Naruto that get all the love.

    Such a hateful post. I suppose u want all the ninjas in naruto to wear black tights, black masks, and tip toe all the time. Kishimoto made the narutoverse with a combination of different martial arts. The Shinobi are like shaolin warriors in the way they protect their villages, like samurai in the way that they are hired warriors, and like ninja in the weapons that they use and assassination/reconoissance. I don't think u've understood the essense of naruto and u never will. He is a shinobi with a heart and a will to never give up. It's his emotional personality with all the flaws that make him who he is and why people relate to him.

    I do agree with dasixthhokage that there's way too many Sharingan fanboys bashing naruto. But true fans like mgsplayer and ironmaiden make a good point, they would like to see naruto's growth at least on par with sasuke's if not greater, so would I . When naruto faced sasuke after the orochimaru's fight, he felt really weak, altho it could be due to 4 tails, but fans expected more from the 3 year training with Jiraiya, one of the sannin who trained minato. I for one think naruto is still hiding his jutsus that he learned from Jiraiya or he never really had a chance to fully showcase them yet. But I think there's a reason kishimoto has made naruto seem weaker than sasuke after the timeskip, he still wants to show him as an underdog. Kishi knows what he's doing and I'm still going to enjoy the manga no matter how kishi plays it out, especially after Jiraiya's death.

  2. #12
    Toad Master Prodigy ronizzle50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    339
    Hell yeah I bash Naruto! He trained with Jiraiya for three years and the only thing he has shown us is that he can make a better Rasengan? I haven't seen him do more than 3 ninjutsus, fucking ever! He's managed to get by on bushins, summons, and the rasengans. You telling me he can't even use one damn katon? suiton? raiton? fuuton? douton? Can anyone post a picture, even from the horrible ass anime, of him doing a jutsu besides the 3 named above? 1000 years of pain doesn't count technically it is a taijutsu.

    His growth is more than disappointing and his increasing homo erotic obsession with sasuke is getting stale. But I am still holding on to the hope that he has a bag of tricks that we have yet to see. I was hoping that Jiraiya taught him some cool techniques but it seems unlikely because he didn't even know what chakara type he was.

    Don't get me wrong I love the manga. It's just that Naruto keeps riding on the edge of mediocrity. I agree with godofwar when he says there must be a reason for this but damn, he is the star. Now as much as i complain I do prefer a hard working Naruto to "find a way to win Goku." Alen Walker in D. Grayman acts like sometimes, just pulling special moves and victories right out his ass.

    BTW Dragon Ball Z Bodukai Tenkaichi 3 is off the chain.
    The next Generation of perverted ninjas is fully prepared to take their place. The line of the Toad Master will never fail as long as there is a will of fire. Rest In Peace Jiraiya-sama, this world and Tsunade were not good enough for you.

    I am as far beyond you fanboys as you are above the humans.


    Samurai Champloo & Raikiri too

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    well the main problem most people have with naruto is that after three years with jiraiya he's just a little bit stronger than he was before the time skip. also all we've seen him do after three years with jiraiya is rasengan and kage bunshin. even though you say well naruto developed a new jutsu, yea he did and it's just a bigger form of rasengan. sakura and sasuke on the other hand have shown significant growth after three years training with the other sannin. sakura is an excellent medical ninja and tsunade has even said that sakura has surpassed her(tsunade) when she(tsunade) was sakura's age. orochimaru has also said likewise about sasuke. yet no one has said such a thing for naruto, and please don't say naruto has surpassed the fourth; kakashi said so, cuz that's just a load of crap. the only thing that means is naruto surpassed his father at creating a jutsus that's all. current naruto doesn't compare to minato but if he trains more he will eventually surpass him.
    Dude i like your words, Im fully behind you!
    (not only this one but all other 2)

  4. #14
    -_-'
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Castle of Aaaarrrggh
    Posts
    657
    Why not bash him?

  5. #15
    The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mission, KS
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by dasixthhokage View Post
    New member in this forum, but a longtime Naruto manga and anime fan. It seems that everytime i read a discussion there's almost always naruto bashing going on. I mean, can't we all just enjoy the story?
    Quote Originally Posted by dasixthhokage View Post
    what i meant was naruto the person not naruto the story. sorry if i wasnt clear about it.
    Since almost every character in the series could be classified as an actual ninja, however Naruto could not. Any ninja that would act like Naruto does in any other ninja series would be killed faster then an ensign on Star Trek.

    Yes we all can just enjoy the story however everyone has opinions over the series. Like what could be done to make the story, characters, or etc better then what it currently is.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

    Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

    Nintendo Wii Friend's number
    3432.6005.8978.2772

  6. #16
    Full Member gray fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    uk baby yeh!
    Posts
    332
    naruto deseves some bashing like every character but i dissagree with the "hes made the least groth in the time split argument" some one used and the he just made a big rasengan argument for the rasenshuriken, for one they have all grown allot as people and neither of them has lernt anything truly new theyve just masterd the skills they already have and maybe one new trick. naruto is a power type ninja you will never be able to see big leaps in power because he masterd some of the most powerful jutsu in konoha befour the skip what he needed to do to grow is work on the basic skills he shou;d have developed at his age not the jounin skills he learned. sakura on the otherhand needed to make up for her lack of power and has learnt medical ninjutsu theres no big deal there and as for sasuke he was a well rounded ninja befour the timeskip but is a taijutsu type thats why hes so fast hes reasonably powerful and he uses his sharingans doujutsu (i dnt think he has ever used true genjutsu :S) but best of all he is a great tactition he plans all his attacks and desives his oponents the other two havnt shown any real skill in planing ahead and thats why sasuke is so much better pluss oro gave him steroids and as for bashing him hes still to imature he needs to relax and analise if he ever wants to be able to use his power effectively and use less clones god there the reason he looks weak, 2000 clones he needs to act kwl just using two and making everything look so much easyer than it is like sasuke would .
    hmm i wonder what obitos doing right now.... decomposing and smelling up the joint i gess coz hes dead!!

  7. #17
    Senior Member iron_maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by gray fox View Post
    naruto deseves some bashing like every character but i dissagree with the "hes made the least groth in the time split argument" some one used and the he just made a big rasengan argument for the rasenshuriken, for one they have all grown allot as people and neither of them has lernt anything truly new theyve just masterd the skills they already have and maybe one new trick. naruto is a power type ninja you will never be able to see big leaps in power because he masterd some of the most powerful jutsu in konoha befour the skip what he needed to do to grow is work on the basic skills he shou;d have developed at his age not the jounin skills he learned. sakura on the otherhand needed to make up for her lack of power and has learnt medical ninjutsu theres no big deal there and as for sasuke he was a well rounded ninja befour the timeskip but is a taijutsu type thats why hes so fast hes reasonably powerful and he uses his sharingans doujutsu (i dnt think he has ever used true genjutsu :S) but best of all he is a great tactition he plans all his attacks and desives his oponents the other two havnt shown any real skill in planing ahead and thats why sasuke is so much better pluss oro gave him steroids .
    you're absolutely right man. the others have just mastered jutsus while naruto has actually learned new things. well do you consider naruto learning rasengan a new trick. didn't he master it. what do you call sasuke's chidori sword. isn't that something new that he created. kakashi hasn't been shown to be able to do that kind of shape manipulation with chidori. also what do you call sasuke's chidori nagashi. isn't that him creating something new. oh yea and what do you call sasuke using an illusion to deceive deidara into thinking he died from c4. isn't that a genjutsu.



    the problem with naruto is that he isn't an all around ninja like sasuke or sakura for example. if you look at most of the battles he's won it's all been out of sheer luck and main character protection. also where's the proof that sasuke actually used drugs to enhance his speed. sakura said that tsunade thought that the way he achieved his speed was through drugs but it hasn't been proven. you seem to forget that sasuke was as fast as lee when he took off the weights after training with kakashi for only a month. this was a skill that took lee years to accomplish.



    so are you trying to tell me that kakashi gave sasuke a lot of drugs in order to make him so fast in such a little amount of time. if sasuke was capable of such speed in such a little time, it's only sensible that he would be as fast as he is in only 3 years.


    CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

  8. #18
    六代目火影仙人 Rokudaime Sennin ™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Searching for a Path to one Peace!
    Posts
    4,915
    nice sarcastic post! well, u proved ur point right that sasuke's growth is far superior than naruto's, I agree. But I think Kishi is doing this on purpose, he must have something major planned. Anyways I still don't think naruto deserves bashing as severe as what he's gotten. There's a difference between Tenrow bashing him, and u criticizing his growth compared to sasuke post timeskip. Some people don't understand what naruto is about and want him to totally change his personality and become like Itachi, hardly speak, stand there still. People need to accept him for who he is with all his flaws, that's the point I was trying to make. But I agree with u tho, I want naruto to learn hiraishin and few other jutsus, he'll be as fast if not faster than sasuke.

  9. #19
    Senpai Member mgsplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,755
    Quote Originally Posted by godofwar View Post
    nice sarcastic post! well, u proved ur point right that sasuke's growth is far superior than naruto's, I agree. But I think Kishi is doing this on purpose, he must have something major planned. Anyways I still don't think naruto deserves bashing as severe as what he's gotten. There's a difference between Tenrow bashing him, and u criticizing his growth compared to sasuke post timeskip. Some people don't understand what naruto is about and want him to totally change his personality and become like Itachi, hardly speak, stand there still. People need to accept him for who he is with all his flaws, that's the point I was trying to make. But I agree with u tho, I want naruto to learn hiraishin and few other jutsus, he'll be as fast if not faster than sasuke.
    sasuke is kishi's favourite...naruto gets nothing obviousely...so unfair
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]


    Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

  10. #20


    but that goes for the anime mostly.

    The manga is fine because do you honestly see a main character in any series that is super godly perfect and never has anything go wrong with his life???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •