View Poll Results: which do you think is better to game on pc or console?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • pc

25 43.10%
  • console

33 56.90%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PC or console

PC or console

which would you most prefer to game on. a pc or a console.

well im a more hardcore gamer and am addicted to cod 4 on the pc so ill go for the pc. also i like FPS mostly and i think the pc is heavenly for that. also on the pc you can tweak the graphic settings to your likings, and its much less of a hassle to go online. the only thing you have to worry about is that having the right graphics card to play your game on. but if you have enough money theres no problem. also its more expensive to buy a game on ps3 or xbox 360. and on the pc you can just download them and stick 'em on. and another positive side is that the pc has more memory.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Right...interesting signature you have set up for yourself.

Anyways, onto the topic at hand, I selected console, since to me, PC games are fun but too have to always upgrade your computer every few years to deal with the new technology used to produce the games is costly. While just purchasing a console then the games individually is a lot cheaper. And by the way it looks, a lot of the consoles are just becoming mini-computers by the features they have. Like how the Nintendo Wii has an almost fully functional Opera Browser.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Where's the 'neither/both' option? They're both good for gaming, I enjoy playing games on both and I own both.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Mah RPGs - Computer
    Anything else - Console

I can't stand playing First person shooters on the computer. Just can't get the feel for it.

Uhm...
    Console = NBA 2k, Tony Hawk's, RPG games...
    PC = Counter-Strike.

PC for me, please

pc
    both are just computers
    console is just more specialized for entertainment purposes
    if console games could be hacked to be played on the computer, you could just hook up your computer to a tv, and play console games from your computer

i wonder if you can convert ps3 consoles into servers
    if so, that would be sweet since they are so priced below retail value

Quote Originally Posted by g7_gomitat7 View Post
    pc
    both are just computers
    console is just more specialized for entertainment purposes
    if console games could be hacked to be played on the computer, you could just hook up your computer to a tv, and play console games from your computer

i wonder if you can convert ps3 consoles into servers
    if so, that would be sweet since they are so priced below retail value
    Actually that might be possible after you install Linux on it since Warhawk servers are just PS3s as well.
    As for the poll: PC. I love playing games on the PC like WarCraft III, StarCraft, RTS style will just never feel right on console. You need you're hotkeys and mouse. FPS will still be king on PC w/ mouse and keyboard. Fighting games are consoles same with Sports. It really depends on the game but overall, PC wins my vote.
    Anime forever.

I used to be a PC guy, but lately I've been spending a lot more time on my 360 with COD4, Madden 08, and NHL 08. Though much like Phoenix I really love RTS games, and would only play those on my PC, there's just been a lack of decent ones lately. I imagine I'll be playing Starcraft II though whenever that's out.

Hm. I basically only play console. Wii is the win. Adventure, strategy, fighting, sports, racing and RPGs are all best on a console. At least I think so. =) Consoles suck at FPS and RTS, but since I don't play those games that much I don't really care. Well, wii doesn't suck as much as the other consoles at FPS, at least the games that have used the wiimote well. (Resident Evil 4/Umbrella Chronicles. Red Steel however, did this horribly.)

Like MLL i prefer doing my gaming on consoles. There's never an issue of "Oh dear! I've just paid £30 for this and i don't have enough RAM and my graphics cards not upto scratch." The only games i've ever played on my pc are Age of Empires, Sim City 4, NBA live 2004 and Pro Evo Soccer 3. I prefer to know that when i put the disc into my machine if it doesn't play properly its because the developers f***ed up or i scratched the disc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim