Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    keep em coming!!!! ive only recently started watching/reading one piece . I actually started watching the anime back when it was at 4kids but i thought it was gay, then my friend told me how they edited big time and thn about a month ago i started reading the manga and watching the anime.*breathes* now that im caught up i thnk its an awesome series, and i dont care if it lass another 10 years as long as the story arcs continue to b as good.

Emperor
    I love One Piece and I hope it does continue over a thousand like some of you say and perhaps I said it incorrectly but I don't think the creator is milking the series I meant someone else on the Bleach forum made that comment and it made me think of how long exactly the series can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by dark_atom_5 View Post
    The only thing I desire is a bit more plot, rather than randomly fun, awesome adventures, don't get me wrong I love it, I just wanna know where things are going a little more.
    I fail to see how there's a lack of plot in One Piece. Enlighten me.

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bushido View Post
    I fail to see how there's a lack of plot in One Piece. Enlighten me.
    Well technically there is a lack of a overall plot, for the plain sense that a lot of the bigger events happening haven't really gained a lot of stream.

Like:

-Red beard pirates at the end of every arc, doing their thing but it will probably have a major impact on the story overall at the end.

-Dragon, who is behide the scenes doing multiple things that will effect the story.

-Why the void century happened, besides the "few" clues that Oda has revealed to the readers. We do not know why the World Government feels like researching it is a evil sin. Even if the super weapons were placed into the think tank, it still doesn't sum up why a country can be easily destroyed or etc.

-The Will of D, enough said.

-Some of the Straw Hat crew's origins like Nami's origin for example. I'm not speaking of Bellemere or what was revealed during the Arlong arc, but I have a feeling that her original home and origins might play an important part in the story later on. Sanji and especially Franky's origins have yet to been talked about.

-Smoker and the Kuina lookalike Tashigi. Who have yet to play a real imporant part in the story beyond the Alabasta arc. Plus taking into consideration that Smoker wants a crew that can equal the Straw Hats, which would mean serious business to the Straw Hats. Also I mentioned the Kuina part of Tashigi, which has not been explained period.

-Buggy and various past villains. Some are following the Straw Hats for revenge. When will they catch up?

I haven't even got to the individual dreams of the Straw Hats yet, so really One Piece is at the same momentum of Naruto. Things are happening but not at a quick pace.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

Even though I like the series alot, I really hope it'll end within the next 2 years. Sure the longer the Better, but I doubt everyone is going to stick around and read manga forever on a weekly basis. Who knows though, it'll probably go on for another few years or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    Well technically there is a lack of a overall plot, for the plain sense that a lot of the bigger events happening haven't really gained a lot of stream.

Like:

-Red beard pirates at the end of every arc, doing their thing but it will probably have a major impact on the story overall at the end.

-Dragon, who is behide the scenes doing multiple things that will effect the story.

-Why the void century happened, besides the "few" clues that Oda has revealed to the readers. We do not know why the World Government feels like researching it is a evil sin. Even if the super weapons were placed into the think tank, it still doesn't sum up why a country can be easily destroyed or etc.

-The Will of D, enough said.

-Some of the Straw Hat crew's origins like Nami's origin for example. I'm not speaking of Bellemere or what was revealed during the Arlong arc, but I have a feeling that her original home and origins might play an important part in the story later on. Sanji and especially Franky's origins have yet to been talked about.

-Smoker and the Kuina lookalike Tashigi. Who have yet to play a real imporant part in the story beyond the Alabasta arc. Plus taking into consideration that Smoker wants a crew that can equal the Straw Hats, which would mean serious business to the Straw Hats. Also I mentioned the Kuina part of Tashigi, which has not been explained period.

-Buggy and various past villains. Some are following the Straw Hats for revenge. When will they catch up?

I haven't even got to the individual dreams of the Straw Hats yet, so really One Piece is at the same momentum of Naruto. Things are happening but not at a quick pace.
    If anything, you just pointed out the fact that there's an OVERABUNDANCE of plot. Everything you just mentioned is foreshadowing for the events to come in the New World. There's so much going on in the series, that you can't expect Oda to just tie everything up & end the series right now... it would seem forced & unnatural. Slow pacing does not equal lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    oh my gawd. i mean, i really love once piece and all, but the thought of still reading one piece into possibly my 30s is... oh my gawd. im excited ^-^.
    great, i can just imagine me waiting here (or at some other site) like on the morning of my wedding for the next chapter

ahahahaha maybe not

The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_bushido View Post
    If anything, you just pointed out the fact that there's an OVERABUNDANCE of plot. Everything you just mentioned is foreshadowing for the events to come in the New World. There's so much going on in the series, that you can't expect Oda to just tie everything up & end the series right now... it would seem forced & unnatural. Slow pacing does not equal lack thereof.
    That is true, but my list of foreshadowing events is just that, foreshadowing events. Which have not happened yet and according to the original user who stated the question about how slow the series has been going, it answers that question for them.

One Piece is a "slowly" developing series since some users wait everything now, they're not intelligent enough to understand the concept of waiting for a proper build up.

Mr. Bushido, you're one of the few people who look at the complicated things I post and understand basically how I think, I like that.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

Nintendo Wii Friend's number

I will answer the topic directly:

9 years, 8 months, 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Lion_Link View Post
    Mr. Bushido, you're one of the few people who look at the complicated things I post and understand basically how I think, I like that.