Lightbulb Healing jutsu's Yin (Medical) vs Yang (Life restoration)

I have been thinking about this for a bit but I wanted to explore the differences between healing jutsu's that are Yin and Yang related. As I mentioned in the title there is difference in what precisely they do or how they are classified but lets explore them a bit.

Yin (Medical) Jutsu:

We know Yin uses mental energy which explains why medical ninjas are typically people of higher intelligence with superior chakra control. Medical ninjutsu as we know it uses chakra to stimulate cell division and growth in patients to speed their recovery from wounds.

- We have several jutsu's to look at but Kabuto's <In'yu Shōmetsu - Yin Healing Wound Destruction > comes to mind. Its the jutsu he uses to anticipate where an attack will land then apply medical healing there beforehand and reduce damage to a minimum. I should point out that Tsuande borrowed this jutsu principle to increase Rock Lee's chance of survival to 50%.

- Another example is the <Shōsen Jutsu - Mystical palm technique> which we see most skilled medical ninjas use to heal injuries.

Yang (Life Restoration) jutsu:

These jutsu are not medical ninjutsu but use Yang style life force energy to allow the user to restore life to something recently deceased or near death. However the drawback is it can shorten the user life span and even kill them.

- After reading that line the first thing that may come to mind is Chiyo's <Kishō Tensei - One's Own Life Reincarnation> used to bring Gaara back to life.

- Nagato's <Gedō: Rinne Tensei no Jutsu - Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique> used to restore the life of the Leaf villager's who died is another example.

I suspect Naruto with his Kyuubi power can utilize his own Life restoration jutsu without dying since he has such an overabundance of life force energy which has been hinted at earlier.

Thus we can also conclude someone who has both powers such as a Rinnegan user can both Restore and Heal someone

In any event feel free to discuss!

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

That seems to fit. If it's true that both bloodlines are required to develop a sharingan to rinnagan then that would seem plausible atleast. Not quite sure if Nagato was able to though, since he didn't develop his rinnegan himself.

One can only assume that creation of all things require both chakras. Yin to imagine the shape, and Yang to breath life into it.

I've also been thinking about the whole Naruto Yang chakra. He has great amounts of Yang chakra from before and with the Kyubi he has a buttload more of it. Which is why Yamato's mokuton and Zetsu's react so easily to it. But why? I see no reason for Naruto to get the Rinnegan. That wouldn't fit the lore either. Now, Sasuke on the other hand could get the Rinnegan, but I don't quite see it to fit either. I have however been thinking that maybe Naruto and Sasuke could merge their chakra's though, in order to defeat Tobi/Madara in the end. But that's only speculation.

How would you classify Karin's power, which was associated with her Uzumaki Life Force? There doesn't seem to be any thought involved in the Healing jutsu, simply tapping into her life force allows a measure of healing. She DOES have some seals set up on her body to maybe facilitate that process for those who simply "Bite" her, but Kabuto was able to steal her power and instantly gain Hashirama/Tsunade-level automatic healing. I also think Tsunade's Genesis Rebirth, which stores her chakra into her Seal before releasing it, is more Yang in nature, since it involves simply releasing a large amount of chakra. I doubt she's putting much thought, or even concious effort, into ordering this chakra to regenerate every cell in her body; the creation of new life seems more akin to Yang.

Then there's Hashirama's power. He could heal his wounds without forming seals, and I'd assume that power is also connected more to his Yang/Life Force (since it seems to be associated with his basic powers and Senju chakra type, which are all Yang-centric).

Then consider the Kyuubi's Healing on Naruto. I've had the theory in the past that it was actually amplifying Naruto's own Uzumaki regeneration, based on what we've seen from Karin. It could be considered similar to Tsunade's technique, albeit without the need to store chakra. However, even if it is the Kyuubi's own power that regenerates Naruto (as originally implied/believed by most), that doesn't change the fact that the Kyuubi has only Yang energy at this point, and is also most likely healing Naruto unconsciously. Naruto himself is definitely not aware of the healing process.

It seems to me that most of the Healing jutsu we see in this series are more Yang (Physical) than Yin. There are some very precise healing techniques such as Kabuto's that strive to minimize chakra spending by pinpointing the exact location of the damage, which probably involves more Yin (mental energy, thought). However, the very act of restoring physical vitality and health seems more akin to the Yang principles in this manga.

As for Chiyo/Nagato's life-restoration techniques, that seems to involve Yin AND Yang (particularly Nagato's, which pulls back souls from the Afterlife). That would fit with most Rinnegan powers, which utilize both Yin and Yang.