View Poll Results: which is better ps3 or xbox 360

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

28 52.83%
  • XBOX 360

25 47.17%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    As I have stated, I give a thumbs up to Xbox Live. It is something they hit it right with. However, that said, achievements are just another way of bragging on the internet: oh look how good I am because I have nothing better to do then get some points that mean nothing. Sony is working on in-game XMB but I was it now T_T. You can't honestly tell me that $50 more for a PS3 is a bad deal when Xbox 360 pro is at $350. I understand what you mean by you have options but that is useless in the xbox case. I want options but I don't want someone to nickel and dime me with those options. CLEARLY $100 for Wi-fi is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen. Granted you don't HAVE to get it, but that does not excuse its price. And if you want to compare the two systems, you have to put them in equal specs. I'm leaving blu-ray and hd-dvd out of this since were talking just about games though the built in blu-ray does give the advantage of more space for games. Even without that, the 40GB PS3 is a great deal at $400 vs the xbox 360 at $350. Anyways, they are both great systems and one is not "superior" to the other. Its about what games you like that are on what console.

EDIT: Forgot to add something. You may not consider the wi-fi a cost but I do. Considering my DS, which costs only $30 more than the wi-fi adapter, has built in wi-fi I would think a machine that costs $300+ would have it built in as well. But I guess thats too much to ask for?
    Last edited by Phoenix; 01-03-2008 at 01:19 AM.
    Anime forever.

Yeah I don't really approve of Xbox 360's wi-fi capability either.

They should've had it built in, but then again it was the first out of the 3 that were released.

Actually the DS came first , a whole year ahead.
    Anime forever.

Lol sorry I wasn't referring to handhelds.

Emperor
    I'd say Sony has totally screwed themselves over this generation yet they are still better.
    What I mean by Sony screwing themselves over is they've lost a few major exclusives namely DMC4 and GTA4. DMC was a pure Sony exclusive while GTA was a timed exclusive.
    Yet the PS3 is still better for many reasons.
    -Square Enix exclusives
    -The 360 requires an add-on to play HD-DVDs which is gonna cost you
    -Xbox live costs like $50/13 months
    -Too many 360's break down so I consider them unreliable
    -PS3 has better graphics and sound
    -A BD has more storage space then a HD-DVD
    -PS3 has Wi-Fi

360 has a better game collection right now but it's been out longer and the Halo series is over already

Quote Originally Posted by Syaozen View Post
    In the end it seems you've failed to realize my point. The Xbox 360 is just as capable of being as efficient as PS3 is, however it gives the option to the owner as to whether they want it or not.
    ...I fail to see how this is better. You speak as if Sony is forcing things such as blu-ray discs and wi-fi capability onto people. I'm pretty sure most people buying the PS3 are fully aware and want these things from the PS3. I'll be honest, the blu-ray disc reader is one of the most compelling things about the PS3 so far seeing as its game assortment is not as impressive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Syaozen
    Profiles are also more robust on XBOX Live - each gamer has their own tag, their own custom avatar, a list of games they recently played, some achievements they have accomplished, and an overall score to give an idea of how experienced you are. All of this can be viewed in-game. Also, XBOX Live extends to XBOX.com, where you can view and edit profiles from your PC if you prefer."
    I also fail to see why the hell I would care about the the list of games my friends have recently played.

Quote Originally Posted by Syaozen
    I'll admit, the PS3 may have a comeback with its HOME thing, but I think it's a pretty solid ripoff of Nintendo's Miis.
    Although the HOME concept is exactly that a concept (and we have no idea how it will turn out), taking an idea and improving it is how we have newer consoles to begin with. By your logic everything is a copy of the NES (perhaps not, it's the 1st video game console I know/have ) since they had handheld controllers. The other companies should have tried incorporating other..body parts to their controllers...you know..so we don't sacrifice originality.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    ...I fail to see how this is better. You speak as if Sony is forcing things such as blu-ray discs and wi-fi capability onto people. I'm pretty sure most people buying the PS3 are fully aware and want these things from the PS3. I'll be honest, the blu-ray disc reader is one of the most compelling things about the PS3 so far seeing as its game assortment is not as impressive yet.

I also fail to see why the hell I would care about the the list of games my friends have recently played.

Although the HOME concept is exactly that a concept (and we have no idea how it will turn out), taking an idea and improving it is how we have newer consoles to begin with. By your logic everything is a copy of the NES (perhaps not, it's the 1st video game console I know/have ) since they had handheld controllers. The other companies should have tried incorporating other..body parts to their controllers...you know..so we don't sacrifice originality.
    It's no big whoop for someone to think PS3's blu-ray is their most compelling thing, because right now that's all it can offer. IMO, I feel that blu-ray is unecessary at this point in time, as HDDVDs are out too...with almost the same performance. Sure, they're taking a step that's designed for their own originality, but it just seems like a hassle in the end with 2 disc formats and all. Even the game production for blu-ray takes longer than HDDVD games, sometimes by months. This'll be dismissed once they develop new technology to issue out games faster though...whenever that is. And no I'm not speaking as if Sony is forcing these features onto people, I'm just saying that Xbox can pretty much evoke the same performance and doesn't fall much lower when compared to the PS3...just different pricetags.

As for you not caring about what games your friends have recently played, that's to everyone's personal preferences.

I'm not sure how "by my logic," you can deduce that I excuse all originality as a copy of NES, as I only stated Nintendo's Miis. HOME is a solid ripoff of Nintendo's Miis because you're creating your own avatar ingame with internet features and gaming features as well. Sure, PS3 can take it to the next level with their own form of interaction, but that's expected of Sony. Either way, this avatar idea has already been used effectively with a gen. console. It seems like you're saying that the avatar concept has been used many times...well yes, it has. But I'm specifically directing it to Mii, because among the 3 gen. consoles, this has already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    The ability to choose makes a huge difference. It may even decide things if someone only has so much money - if someone had $350 and wanted a game console, he could only buy the 360 or Wii, and maybe he doesn't care about anything but the ability to play games.

I say, fuck blu-ray discs. If I had the option to not any blu-ray shit and save some money, I'd forget blu-ray in an instant.

Well, I like them both tbh.. however my money would go to a PS3 since there is a certain series of games I want.. Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by loliconman View Post
    The ability to choose makes a huge difference. It may even decide things if someone only has so much money - if someone had $350 and wanted a game console, he could only buy the 360 or Wii, and maybe he doesn't care about anything but the ability to play games.

I say, fuck blu-ray discs. If I had the option to not any blu-ray shit and save some money, I'd forget blu-ray in an instant.
    fuck blu-ray??
    people who don't want blu-ray are mostly guys that don't have enough cash ($$$) to buy an ps3+hd-telly. and because they have not enough money they say they don't need it. in around an year no movie will be released on DVD. don
    what your actually saying is that crappy DVD is better than blu-ray. DVD is old and is at it's limit. There was no real time weather system in pgr4 because the DVD was to damn small! So don't say you don't need blu-ray or HD-DVD.