Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

28 52.83%
  • XBOX 360

25 47.17%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Wii is superior.

But between the two, 360 gets my vote. Right now, the PS3 is a huge, expensive thing with maybe three good games for it. In the future, the system's getting a few more good games, but the game library won't warrant the large price for quite a while, just like the PS2. Maybe in a few years it'll be something good to buy, but right now, I'd rather save my money for Wii games and college. It seems unlike a lot of people, I don't have money to throw away on a giant paperweight.

I easily vote PS3. 360 has great games, don't get me wrong but they really don't appeal to me. Also I've noticed this many times when playing 360, it seems like a really laggy machine. It can't even play a small "gif" type animation without lag. (I'm talking about when there's the Xbox 360 with the little circles around it that are SUPPOSED to glow one by one but instead they just skip around or freeze 99% of the time.) The ps3 by far seems to be smoother and better made hardware wise. Software, as should have been expected, Xbox 360 has done exceptional at because after all, they make Windows. They hit it right with Xbox Live and integration. However that said, I can't look at all my PS2 games and just think about not playing them again along with FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, KHIII, and so on. I already have a gaming capable PC and yet I still play PS2 games more. And I mean a machine that can take out any game out on the market at max (with the exception of Crysis, I need time travel for that one).

The only reason I'd be looking at a PS3 would be for FFXIII. I really hope it does bad and Square-Enix decides to release FFXIV for the 360.
    How can you honestly say that? To want a game to fail out of pure love for another console? Are we all forgetting its really about the GAMES and not our loyalty to consoles? I would never dream of wanting a game to do bad because I want it come out on "MY" console. Also, FFXIII will not do bad, same as MGS4. The people on the PS3 are itching for brand name games like that. I would say that at least 1/4 people would pick up those games without a doubt (of those that own PS3s).

As far as the Wii is concerned. I do believe that it is definitely a great machine but to me after playing it for a while it losses appeal. I won't argue that its a great console but it just simply does not interest me personally except for Super Smash Bro. Brawl. I just wish they allowed for a regular controller as well for games such as smash.
    /rant

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    How can you honestly say that? To want a game to fail out of pure love for another console? Are we all forgetting its really about the GAMES and not our loyalty to consoles? I would never dream of wanting a game to do bad because I want it come out on "MY" console.
    If it's all about the games, then why do we have to buy a $400 console just to play the games we love?

woaah Xbox wining the poll...we have some MicroS fanboys around here...
    Recommendations : GOTH / Kara No Kyoukai
    Asian Movies Requests / MPD Psycho
    [Nigihana.com] / [Cyber12.com]

Oh Yes...! There Will Be Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I easily vote PS3. 360 has great games, don't get me wrong but they really don't appeal to me. Also I've noticed this many times when playing 360, it seems like a really laggy machine. It can't even play a small "gif" type animation without lag. (I'm talking about when there's the Xbox 360 with the little circles around it that are SUPPOSED to glow one by one but instead they just skip around or freeze 99% of the time.) The ps3 by far seems to be smoother and better made hardware wise. Software, as should have been expected, Xbox 360 has done exceptional at because after all, they make Windows. They hit it right with Xbox Live and integration. However that said, I can't look at all my PS2 games and just think about not playing them again along with FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, KHIII, and so on. I already have a gaming capable PC and yet I still play PS2 games more. And I mean a machine that can take out any game out on the market at max (with the exception of Crysis, I need time travel for that one).

How can you honestly say that? To want a game to fail out of pure love for another console? Are we all forgetting its really about the GAMES and not our loyalty to consoles? I would never dream of wanting a game to do bad because I want it come out on "MY" console. Also, FFXIII will not do bad, same as MGS4. The people on the PS3 are itching for brand name games like that. I would say that at least 1/4 people would pick up those games without a doubt (of those that own PS3s).

As far as the Wii is concerned. I do believe that it is definitely a great machine but to me after playing it for a while it losses appeal. I won't argue that its a great console but it just simply does not interest me personally except for Super Smash Bro. Brawl. I just wish they allowed for a regular controller as well for games such as smash.
    /rant
    The wii does allow a regular controller for Smash Bros. Brawl. There's multiple ways of playing it, as it's one of the features of the game.

PS3 has made many mistakes already...first blu-ray, something we don't even really need compared to HD, costs a huge portion of the system. At least Xbox 360 gives you the option of buying the DVD player. And you're saying Xbox lags? I've played assassin's creed on PS3 and that lags, very noticeably. The Xbox however, seems to be flawless without lag for that game in particular. Secondly, PS3 has come and gone with their initial 80 gig release...I believe they only make 40 gigs now? Lastly, they removed their playback feature, as it promotes their ps2 industry. All of this is obvious, they knew their price tag was too high, so they had to reduce everything as much as they could.

So when exactly is PS3 going to settle down for a decent price? Who knows, could be another year. I still personally think the pricetag is still too high. The controller doesn't help either.

Well, we can talk about the price all we want but the fact is if you add stuff to the 360 to make it equal to the PS3, the prices seem to balance out. Excluding HD-DVD. I'm talking about wifi which is built into PS3 but cost $100 dollars? Tell me why is that? A Wifi adapter for $100. Thats just overpricing on accessories. And to set it straight, there's 2 PS3 models. 40GB without PS2 (PS1 still works) playback and 80GB with everything. 40GB is $400 and 80 is $500. Xbox 360 Premium = $274.99 + 99 to just add wifi brings to a 40GB PS3 already. Without counting in HD-DVD since you say its an un-needed feature even though I see no reason to say no to more space on the media for games but ok. So at $374.99 the Xbox 360 premium with wifi only added is already at the PS3 40GB price basically. So there is no price advantage anymore. Please don't even talk about the mistake arcade pack, the one that doesn't even come with a hard drive. Also for a 360 pro everywhere else but amazon its about $350 + 100 = $450, thats MORE than a 40GB PS3.
    Anime forever.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Now add in the cost of Xbox Live. where as PS3s online is free (granted paying for downloads of games and such) but playing games you own online completly free.

But there's also better service that comes with Xbox Live, as you can see which friends you have online and pretty much every gaming status about them. This also prevents sexual predators in a way because they don't want to use money in order to contact people. The internet is an easier source for them. And no one's stated that you need a wireless adapter, you can easily go wired with ethernet, which I've heard is much more secure and effective as it has a smaller chance of disconnecting, which should apply to all wireless services.

In the end it seems you've failed to realize my point. The Xbox 360 is just as capable of being as efficient as PS3 is, however it gives the option to the owner as to whether they want it or not.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    PS3 gives information on when friends are online and what game their playing as well. You can go wired with PS3 as well and not if you don't want to, and your not required to get PS3 online either.

That isn't your point, your point is that Xbox is superior and it gives better and more options then PS3, which is wrong.

The Xbox has nothing PS3 doesn't have and PS3 has stuff that Xbox doesn't. PS3 is superior.

"One drastic disadvantage of the Playstation 3 is the fact that you cannot send messages to your friend from within a game; in order to reach the XMB or ‘main menu’ of the PS3, you need to quit out of the game you are playing, and go to your friends list that way. There is nothing in the way of voice chat (with the exception of Warhawk), and no cross-game invite system. With XBOX Live, hit one button and you can reach your friends right away. Send them a voice message, or text message, or invite them to the server you’re playing on. You can even add your MSN/Live Messenger list to the 360, and talk to your non-gaming friends any time you want.

Profiles are also more robust on XBOX Live - each gamer has their own tag, their own custom avatar, a list of games they recently played, some achievements they have accomplished, and an overall score to give an idea of how experienced you are. All of this can be viewed in-game. Also, XBOX Live extends to XBOX.com, where you can view and edit profiles from your PC if you prefer."

I'll admit, the PS3 may have a comeback with its HOME thing, but I think it's a pretty solid ripoff of Nintendo's Miis.

I'm a strong supporter of Sony, but not its PS3. They're gonna have to wait a few more years for me to buy in their gig.

Quote Originally Posted by moronic_badger View Post
    The Xbox has nothing PS3 doesn't have and PS3 has stuff that Xbox doesn't. PS3 is superior.
    This can go both ways with your "Xbox has nothing PS3 doesn't have", and as I've stated earlier the Xbox can be just as efficient as PS3 is yet it gives the owner the option of whether they want it or not.

In the end I still find it amusing for Sony to release their PS3 a year after Xbox 360 is released and are still having problems with beating Xbox's features.