Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788

    Did Whitebeard waste his life?

    As this manga goes on its more and more apparent that the World Government and its Marines are the main evil in the world of One Piece, this isn't to say the average marine is a bad person but that the organization as a whole is not good and does not promote peace but only FORCES submission.

    It's also apparent that in the world of One Piece, 1 person CAN change the world. And here we have Whitebeard "The Strongest Man in the World" as he is called and with GOOD reason - with 1 punch he can make fissures in the air itself, he can destroy entire islands by lifting a finger, he can stop a flagship size ship without flinching after already had taken enough damage to kill a lesser man, his knowledge is at least on par with Sengoku who is the leader of the marines and he can use that knowledge to become a great commander.

    Now what does this epic man do with his life? Does he expose the World Government for torture? for its role in Ohara or turning people into giants (which I doubt was voluntary)? How about when the WG try and stab out any chance of Gol D Roger having a offspring by committing infanticide on several islands that he had 'reportedly' been to? (not to mention the Nobles owning sex slaves and things that may had happened that the manga hasn't said anything about).

    No he does none of that, instead he just wants a family, instead of doing the normal thing and finding a wife (which if he just did that I'd understand - but he becomes a world figure) - he becomes a pirate captain, not just a normal pirate captain but the strongest one with many many allies with REAL possibilities. He dies a old man, while failing to save 1 person... that to me is a wasted life.
    Last edited by Airicks; 05-24-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  2. #2
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,546
    This can be put in the ask a question thread but who am I to say. I also like doing this cause I feel my question is special. He he.

    On to your question. No I don't think it's a wasted life. A man being held high by people all over the world, being surrounded by his family, drink booze all day then f*ck her nurses (probably). That's not a wasted life, that's a life well spent right there. Lol.

    Now if you are talking about what he could have done as a pirate then still I don't think it was wasted either. He was on his way on making Ace the PK and turn things around in the world but his illness and age just got in the way. He fell short of this goal but that doesn't mean he wasted his whole life doing nothing. The timing was just not there. He could have offered more yes, but that doesn't mean he didn't offered enough.

    sig made by me

  3. #3
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    He achieved his goal to have a family by having the greatest family in the world.He was accepted by everyone as the strongest man,the greatest pirate,the king.I dont see how is that a wasted life.

    Concerning to what he did with his power in accordance to the rest of the world,he did pretty well to that aspect aswell.He pretty much created a new Pirate Era with his words before his death and inspired many people,just like Roger did.He also affected the world drastically as he used to protect many different islands and probably millions of people.If it wasnt for him keeping the balance(we saw the chaos that came up after his defeat)the world might have been completely different for the better or the worse.

    I dont see how Wb's life was a waste from any perspective.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    This can be put in the ask a question thread but who am I to say. I also like doing this cause I feel my question is special. He he.
    lol, Most threads could be chalked up to "ask a question" thread since they are mostly question, however I think if its something that allows for more then 1 strait answer it can be deserving of its own thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Concerning to what he did with his power in accordance to the rest of the world,he did pretty well to that aspect aswell.He pretty much created a new Pirate Era with his words before his death and inspired many people,just like Roger did.He also affected the world drastically as he used to protect many different islands and probably millions of people.If it wasnt for him keeping the balance(we saw the chaos that came up after his defeat)the world might have been completely different for the better or the worse.
    You can't really compare Whitebeard and Roger since Roger died a very young man, and because he KNEW he was going to die he turned himself into the marines to face execution, in the process starting a new era - literally doing everything in his power to change the world.

    He only kept balance for his lifetime (and even then he only kept balance on his portion on the New World), when he had the power to change the world for a better future..

    Also I'm not saying he didn't do what he set out to do - meaning your correct he did create the 'greatest' family but for a man as strong as he was that's a waste.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  5. #5
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post



    You can't really compare Whitebeard and Roger since Roger died a very young man, and because he KNEW he was going to die he turned himself into the marines to face execution, in the process starting a new era - literally doing everything in his power to change the world.
    It doesnt matter.Fact is that both changed the world with their last words and both created a new Era with it.Why does the fact that Roger was younger matter here?

    He only kept balance for his lifetime (and even then he only kept balance on his portion on the New World), when he had the power to change the world for a better future..
    Oh my!!He couldnt keep the balance of the world because of a small hindrance-his death.What a failure.
    Are you being serious now?Yeah Wb could have possibly do even better things but that could be said about pretty much anyone.Fact remains that he did great things while he was alive and he changed the world dramatically.You cannot call such a life a waste.

    And tell me,what else could Wb do that he didnt?Bring down WG on his own,or what?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    It doesnt matter.Fact is that both changed the world with their last words and both created a new Era with it.Why does the fact that Roger was younger matter here?
    Because ALL Whitebeard did was repeat what Roger has said - and I was just showing how much more Roger done in his much shorter life then Whitebeard done in his - Whitebeard did not go to Marineford with the intention to start a new pirate age, it was only to save Ace.. which he died failing to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    Oh my!!He couldnt keep the balance of the world because of a small hindrance-his death.What a failure.
    Are you being serious now?Yeah Wb could have possibly do even better things but that could be said about pretty much anyone.Fact remains that he did great things while he was alive and he changed the world dramatically.You cannot call such a life a waste.
    It could not be said 'pretty much about anyone' also he did not change the world 'dramatically' - everything he ever did only lasted for his lifetime, as soon as he died what happened? ...thats right everything went back to normal in his territories if not worse. Lastly he only brought balance to his portion of the new world, to our knowledge he never got into the business of the other emperors.

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    And tell me,what else could Wb do that he didnt?Bring down WG on his own,or what?
    Yes, Whitebeard could had brought down the WG - even if he didn't have allies (which he did, so i don't know why you said 'on his own') he could had done real damage to it by showing the truth of it to the Kingdoms that make up the WG, do you think kings like Cobra would want to stay in the WG if they knew about the things it does?
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  7. #7
    No, that's what family are for. Ace is like a his own son. Edward Newgate is a great pirate and a father to his crew. Shirohige!



    steven barbarich
    choosefireplacesandstoves reviews

  8. #8
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    Because ALL Whitebeard did was repeat what Roger has said - and I was just showing how much more Roger done in his much shorter life then Whitebeard done in his - Whitebeard did not go to Marineford with the intention to start a new pirate age, it was only to save Ace.. which he died failing to do.
    I thought we were talking about WB's impact to the world,not?He had a great one.Yeah he talked about OP like Roger did and created a new pirate Era.Is this not a huge achievement?You dont if he intended to do it or not.Of course he wouldnt have started the war if it wasnt for Ace,but its not unlikely that he intended from the start to die there and say those words to the world after he had saved Ace.He seemed to acknowledge that he didnt belong to this era anyways.

    Thats like saying that Roger only turned himself in and said those words because he knew that he would die,otherwise he wouldnt,so its not a big deal.



    It could not be said 'pretty much about anyone' also he did not change the world 'dramatically' - everything he ever did only lasted for his lifetime, as soon as he died what happened? ...thats right everything went back to normal in his territories if not worse. Lastly he only brought balance to his portion of the new world, to our knowledge he never got into the business of the other emperors.
    So you wanted him to keep protecting them after his death?I dont know why you are being so unfair towards Wb.He did great things.And yeah that changed the world cause millions of people spend half of their lives or more in peace because of Wb's protection.Many of the people who are alive now,could have been dead years before.If you think that what he did wasnt great because he couldnt continue doing it after his death,there's something really wrong with the way you think.



    Yes, Whitebeard could had brought down the WG - even if he didn't have allies (which he did, so i don't know why you said 'on his own') he could had done real damage to it by showing the truth of it to the Kingdoms that make up the WG, do you think kings like Cobra would want to stay in the WG if they knew about the things it does?
    No thats the point,Wb couldnt do much more things than he already did.Wb without his allies or even with hem,couldnt even bring down Marineford,he didnt stand a single chance to destroy the WG.If he tried he would have just lost.What did you expect Wb to do,to go out on the streets and talk to people about how evil the WG is?Are you even serious?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Airicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    So you wanted him to keep protecting them after his death?I dont know why you are being so unfair towards Wb.He did great things.And yeah that changed the world cause millions of people spend half of their lives or more in peace because of Wb's protection.Many of the people who are alive now,could have been dead years before.If you think that what he did wasnt great because he couldnt continue doing it after his death,there's something really wrong with the way you think.
    I don't know what you mean here, I'm not saying that he could do something after his death, I'm saying during his life he could had done more to affect the world after he was gone, he had the power to do it, but he didn't - when he died everything went back to normal. You say 'many people are still alive' forgetting the fact many people died when WB lost his life.

    Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    No thats the point,Wb couldnt do much more things than he already did.Wb without his allies or even with hem,couldnt even bring down Marineford,he didnt stand a single chance to destroy the WG.If he tried he would have just lost.What did you expect Wb to do,to go out on the streets and talk to people about how evil the WG is?Are you even serious?
    Are you saying prime Whitebeard couldn't had beaten the WG with his allies? And the Marineford battle itself was a special case because the WG KNEW Whitebeard would be coming, so thats why all 3 admirals where there not to mention the thousands of troops and dozens of Vice Admirals. If Fisher Tiger could attack Mariejois and burn it, prime Whitebeard could most definitely change the world so thats what I mean by saying he wasted his life/gifts.

    He wouldn't have had to talk to people on the streets (how inefficient would that be lol) - he could had released information he gotten from attacking the WG (using a denden mushi or a dial), I doubt kings like Cobra would want to stay in a origination that did half the things WG does.
    Click to see what RPG personality you are.
    (It's funny because I ALWAYS use a bow if its available in a game lol)

  10. #10
    Legendary Member halaros536's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    4,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Airicks View Post
    I don't know what you mean here, I'm not saying that he could do something after his death, I'm saying during his life he could had done more to affect the world after he was gone, he had the power to do it, but he didn't - when he died everything went back to normal. You say 'many people are still alive' forgetting the fact many people died when WB lost his life.
    Its not Wb's fault that people died after his death,nor could he had stopped it.You're being completely unreasonable here.Is protecting millions of people not a great thing?Is creating a new era not a great thing?Is ruling the seas not a great thing?How can you possibly say a man who did all that wasted his life?

    You just think that Wb could have done even greater things,but that doesnt change the fact that he did great things and altered the world.

    Are you saying prime Whitebeard couldn't had beaten the WG with his allies? And the Marineford battle itself was a special case because the WG KNEW Whitebeard would be coming, so thats why all 3 admirals where there not to mention the thousands of troops and dozens of Vice Admirals. If Fisher Tiger could attack Mariejois and burn it, prime Whitebeard could most definitely change the world so thats what I mean by saying he wasted his life/gifts.
    No,he couldnt.And Wb wouldnt be able to move an army strong enough to fight the whole WG without them noticing it.

    He wouldn't have had to talk to people on the streets (how inefficient would that be lol) - he could had released information he gotten from attacking the WG (using a denden mushi or a dial), I doubt kings like Cobra would want to stay in a origination that did half the things WG does.
    You dont even know if he had any special information or proof about the WQG's evil plans or shit like that.He only knew from his persoinal experience that the WG is corrupted but thats not something you can just tell others and make them believe it or make them revolt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •