Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    If you think about it, Jiraiya almost died from the 4tail Naturo and Orochimaru fought him but retreated when his fake body wasn't holding anymore. But obviously, Jiraiya wouldn't have put up a fight against the 4tail in fear of hurting his pupil. He would have just suppressed the chakra with seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraky696 View Post
    If you think about it, Jiraiya almost died from the 4tail Naturo and Orochimaru fought him but retreated when his fake body wasn't holding anymore. But obviously, Jiraiya wouldn't have put up a fight against the 4tail in fear of hurting his pupil. He would have just suppressed the chakra with seal.
    now that i think of it you can't use this example as proof of either jiraiya's or oro's superiority to each other since there's isn't enough information about how jiraiya handled the 4 tail. if we saw what happened we would be able to use this as sufficient evidence but we can't.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    That 3 wall summoning was beast though.
    hells yea.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

If Yamato hadn't jumped in and stopped Naruto, Orochimaru would have died cuz he was collapsed on the ground while 4-tails was closin in for the kill. It seems that Jiraiya was able to stop 4-tails by himself before collapsing from his injuries.

I'm a Jiraiya supporter for this thread but in fairness, Orochimaru wasn't in great health when he fought, the 4-tailed, Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiya_byakuya View Post
    I'm a Jiraiya supporter for this thread but in fairness, Orochimaru wasn't in great health when he fought, the 4-tailed, Naruto.
    nah i think he was, because if he wasn't he wouldn't be saying "let's have a little fun" when he was talking to naruto on the bridge, i think he was in full health, maybe just not for long periods of time

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

I'd say Orochimaru'd probably enjoy a beating from Jiraiya. He's a bit of a masochist; he enjoys pain, haha.

I feel that Jiraiya would win this fight, but both him and Orochimaru have their faults. Jiraiya's silly and Orochimaru's cocky. Sennin mode's speed and strength would put him above Orochimaru's wide variety of jutsu and sword.

to be accurate Oro could only fight 100% against 4tail Naruto for 15 minutes (if im not mistaken).
    Ok this are the "facts" we have.

Oro:

-Most talented of the 3 legendary sannins.
    -Ninjutsu addict
    -Strong enough to conquer a small village
    -Completely defeated by Itachi and had a more or less even fight against Sarutobi (although the fight was 3 vs 1)
    -Had an even fight with 4 tail Naruto
    * although not very relevant, Akatsuki members didnt considered him a thread. Most of them even wanted and stated that they could kill him.

Jiraya:

-Able to spy on Akatsuki members without being discovered.
    -Stated by Kisame that Jiraya is stronger than him and confirmed by Itachi that even both of them attacking Jiraya isnt a guarantee win (and I dont think ninjas of their abilities will make such statements)
    -Was able to defeat 4 of Pains bodies (1 when already without an arm).
    -Hermit mode makes him almost invinsible (since he defeated 3 Pains on a 3 on 1)

This are just things I remember from the manga (if I miss something add please ;p)

In my opinion Jiraya would win. Specialy after seeing Hermit Mode and the genjutsu attack from Ma and Pa. Also u guys are assuming that that Oro can just do Edo Tensei at will. Preparations have to be taken before doing this jutsu. He planned all the Sand vs Konoha situation to the point were he knew when he was going to fight. In a Jiraya vs Oro fight is silly to think that the fight will be setup to a point to where Oro has an advantage and or have had the bodies and cells from the kages ready to fight Jiraya... is like saying Ma and Pa will already be in sinfony as soon as Oro and Jiraya start to fight and so Jiraya wins immediately.

Yea i forgot about Edo Tensei. That requires sacrifices in order to be used. So Oro wouldn't have that technique readily available for him in a spur of the moment fight.