• |3| Average

2 8.33%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

2 8.33%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Good answer Nano, but this then begs the question, Shisui died less than 10 years ago, more like 7-9yrs. Danzo took one eye, but he also had Hashirama's power, and so could use it after a few hours. Itachi took the other eye.

Now unless Itachi had been Spamming (or trying to spam) Koto Amatsukami, and then telling everyone about the 10 yr limit, How in Tarnation did anyone know about the 10 yr limit (I think Tobi Knew). I am fairly certain that Tobi didn't know Itachi had the eye.

How in the world did the 10 yr thing arise?
    1. Can anyone link the page where Tobi mentioned it? I'd look it up, but I'm typing on my phone at work... Itachi is the only one I remember mentioning the 10-year limit, so Shisui probably told him. As to how Shisui knew..
    maybe he was old enough to have used it that long ago, or maybe he simply *know* because it's his own eye involved.

2. It's possible that Shisui's other Genjutsu was also able to subtly influence others' minds in a similar manner, but the effect was not perminant. Unlike Koto Amatsukami, maybe he could still use basically Genjutsu to implant ideas, but could not place them under a long-term command such as "Protect Konoha.

Itachi knew there was a 10 year limit since he was "Like a brother" to Shisui, so Shisui would obviously tell him how the eye power worked before giving it to him. Shisui himself came up with the technique, so he had to at least test it once to know it would work and thus be confident enough that it would help out Itachi. However that does mean that there is a person in the Naruto universe (Besides Itachi) who is even now under Koto Amatsukami, since I don't think the genjutsu wears off. Though its probably a inconsequential character, or someone who is dead, I still think it would be pretty interesting if one of the characters of Naruto had been under Koto Amatsukami for the entire series.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    1. Can anyone link the page where Tobi mentioned it? I'd look it up, but I'm typing on my phone at work... Itachi is the only one I remember mentioning the 10-year limit, so Shisui probably told him. As to how Shisui knew..
    maybe he was old enough to have used it that long ago, or maybe he simply *know* because it's his own eye involved.

2. It's possible that Shisui's other Genjutsu was also able to subtly influence others' minds in a similar manner, but the effect was not perminant. Unlike Koto Amatsukami, maybe he could still use basically Genjutsu to implant ideas, but could not place them under a long-term command such as "Protect Konoha.

I hate it when I'm Wrong.

Anyway I went back and re-read the Danzo vs Sasuke fight and here's what I found.

It's not stated that Tobi knew about the 10 year limit, ONLY that he knew Danzo had Shisui's eye and that he was waiting for it to re-charge. I am not certain how he knew about the eye, probably from the Kage Summit.

Anyway, sorry for misleading anyone. :(

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

There are things still worth mentioning.

But first, lol, this page clearly shows when Itachi realized the meaning of his life and true strength:

Spoiler!

Alternative:
    Spoiler!

It's like the lesson is: I'm strong, because of everyones strength.

The lessons is good for most character in this series (Naruto, Itachi, Sasuke, Kabuto, even Tobi):
    Spoiler!

Alternative (2 pages):
    Spoiler!

The other way to escape Izanami, is (perhaps) to change bodies through soul transfer (as Izanami only affects the body and mind). You ask how Kabuto could do it ? Simple, Anko is lying somewhere around the cave that they are fighting (bottom right corner):
    Spoiler!

Alternative:
    Spoiler!

Everyone that obtains MS, gain at least one jutsu. Only people that acquired two, might have a slim chance to obtain the 3rd which always is Susanoo.

MS eyes looses it's light, but only when used by it's original owner. When it is transplanted to another person that isn't even an Uchiha, it works perfectly - doesn't go blind (although it only gains additional powers if transplanted to a close relative with MS as well). An example of that is Danzou (who often used Shisui's eye) and the Crow itself, perhaps even Kakashi could be counted.

Now some speculations. The problem of transferring MS to a MS-less non-Uchiha, is that the use of MS techniques is limited. (1) It might be due to the users not being capable of creating the right kind and amount of chakra needed to cast them. It's possible to reduce the cool down by obtaining Hashirama's chakra (although it isn't explained how exactly it works). It's possible that Kakashi can use the MS as often, because of his own, not quite identified, bloodline. On other hand, if the first explanation is right, the reason why Kakashi can use Kamui more than once in a row (although it heavily affects his body), is because it's a jutsu that he created, which means it is something that he came up that can be used through his body and MS.

It's quite possible that a person with only one MS-jutsu, can use it from both of his eyes.

The case of going blind after obtaining power of MS that applies only to the original user, seems like a curse. A cruse that is a lesson at the same time. It's meaning is simple, only by sharing your power with others (in this case swapping your eyes with your relative that obtained MS as well), you can gain true strength. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the So6p, that put this curse on the Older Son (and his family) to teach him the meaning of true strength.

Now, there is one more thing I would like to mention. Shisui had used Kotoamatsukami before his death. The proof is the cool down itself. It happens only when the MS-jutsu was used and MS faded (it probably is different for Shisui himself). We can clearly see (spoiler below) that Shisui's MS works at the time he spoke to Itachi, which means that if the jutsu hasn't been used, Itachi should have obtained an already charged Kotoamatsukami and thus, he wouldn't have to wait 10 years for it to charge again:
    Spoiler!

Alternative:
    Spoiler!

The question is, against who he used it ? On Daznou to allow him to escape ? Or perhaps on Itachi, to make sure he will do anything in his power (even slaughter his own clan) to protect the village ?
    Last edited by Zero; 05-25-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: [QUOTE=aggeroff;983442]^Could you use pictures from a site other then Mangareader? Many of us can't see them.[/QUOTE]

^Could you use pictures from a site other then Mangareader? Many of us can't see them.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

@ Zero,

So what you're saying in part is that Sisui had recently used Koto Amatsukami before he gave his left eye to Itachi, and Itachi was unable to use it on Sasuke because of the 10 yr recharge, and you are suggesting that Shisui had used it on Itachi himself, perhaps ordering him to protect Konoha, which then in turn lead him to kill the Uchihas.

That's intriguing, but would he then have spared Sasuke, if the Compulsion of Koto Amatsukami had really led him to kill the whole clan?

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    @ Zero,

So what you're saying in part is that Sisui had recently used Koto Amatsukami before he gave his left eye to Itachi, and Itachi was unable to use it on Sasuke because of the 10 yr recharge, and you are suggesting that Shisui had used it on Itachi himself, perhaps ordering him to protect Konoha, which then in turn lead him to kill the Uchihas.

That's intriguing, but would he then have spared Sasuke, if the Compulsion of Koto Amatsukami had really led him to kill the whole clan?
    At that time, Sasuke wasn't even a genin, which means he wasn't even a base ninja and thus wasn't a real threat, plus he didn't know anything about rebellion. Although, I think he rather used the jutsu to escape from Danzou.

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    At that time, Sasuke wasn't even a genin, which means he wasn't even a base ninja and thus wasn't a real threat, plus he didn't know anything about rebellion. Although, I think he rather used the jutsu to escape from Danzou.
    Not all uchihas are fighers, as far as we know wiping out a clan must have meant a complete sweep - killing even inocent uchiha men and women, even kids younger then Sasuke.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Quote Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
    Not all uchihas are fighers, as far as we know wiping out a clan must have meant a complete sweep - killing even inocent uchiha men and women, even kids younger then Sasuke.
    Very true. Yes I know we've been over this before, but it is good not not overlook the moral implications of the Uchiha Massacre, in today's parlance we would call it "Ethnic Cleansing".

I think that Itachi himself recognizes the depravity of his actions, that is why he said he wanted to be Judged by Sasuke who is an Uchiha and as such is a suitable representative of the clan, for the purpose of passing judgement on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Ouch this chapter hurt my brain... Damn Sharingan is getting convoluted. Im over the Sharingan already, this thing can copy shit, change destiny, put people in endless illusions, control magical monsters who can destroy the world, predict shit, and whatever else it wants! gah! This manga has such a boner for the Uchiha It should of been called Saskue.. lol

But aside from that, Im pretty sure Kabuto is going to bust out of that thing at the most inopportune time and say haha I faked coming to terms with myself, then kill Itachi for what seems like the third freaking time lol.
    Haha! Man, I had the same thoughts!