View Poll Results: Is Jiraiya a horrible godfather?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 20.95%
  • No

83 79.05%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    I think kishi must have made up all this "godfather" thing later on cuz he didnt take care of him AND he didnt recognize (or just simply didn't want to) him. And wouldn't train him for the chuunin exams you remember? Why? Is there 1000 of other yellow haired boys and girls in the village? No.

Naruto = Lost
    you're might be right about kishi making jiraiya his godfather pretty recently but if it weren't so naruto wouldn't have a pretty crappy childhood. naruto is just following the formula of the typical hero story. usually the hero is pretty sad and has no idea what their purpose in life truly is, then a mentor comes and shows the hero the right path, as the hero is being guided by his mentor he feels weak, then the mentor dies and this results in the growth of the hero, eventually the hero grows up and learns to fully harness his hidden ability.

naruto parallels many stories about heroes like star wars. well we all know the whole story so no need explaining. but my point is jiraiya introduction into naruto's life at the time that he was introduced perfectly follows the typical hero's journey. so i think kishi's doing a pretty damn good job so far.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Actually the child would go to his blood relatives. It's not the job of the godparents to take care of the child. Unless someone adopted him that is. What I can't believe is why they are hiding the true identity of his parents from him, at least i'm pretty sure he doesn't know, the way he talks about the fourth and all. By the way when Jaraiya kicked it, it was kinda sad...boohoo...i liked the old perv.
    PROPERTY OF UCHIHA EST. 1999
    A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow.
    Sig by Ravona
    Official member of the Sasuke Haters Club

If you have time to be terrorists, take pero out for a walk
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi8 View Post
    Actually the child would go to his blood relatives. It's not the job of the godparents to take care of the child. Unless someone adopted him that is. What I can't believe is why they are hiding the true identity of his parents from him, at least i'm pretty sure he doesn't know, the way he talks about the fourth and all. By the way when Jaraiya kicked it, it was kinda sad...boohoo...i liked the old perv.
    i don't think anyone was hiding the identity of naruto's parents simply because it seems like not many people knew naruto's father was the 4th. i mean if the villagers knew that i'm sure they wouldn't have treated naruto like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaidenlive22 View Post
    i don't think anyone was hiding the identity of naruto's parents simply because it seems like not many people knew naruto's father was the 4th. i mean if the villagers knew that i'm sure they wouldn't have treated naruto like crap.
    Nah i meant the people that knew i don't care about the worthless villagers
    PROPERTY OF UCHIHA EST. 1999
    A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow.
    Sig by Ravona
    Official member of the Sasuke Haters Club

If you have time to be terrorists, take pero out for a walk
    Spoiler!

Worst god-father? Far from it, really. I haven't heard from my god-father or -mother since I don't know when, haha! And it's not like they're gonna train me to be an uber nin anytime soon.

Anyways, I think Jiraiya's a wandering pervert and there were other people in the village keeping an eye out for Naruto -- Iruka, Sarutobi and god-knows-whoever-else; there's no way that dumby kid Naruto could have raised himself in a house all alone, he would have killed himself before he even got into the Academy, 9-tails or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi8 View Post
    Nah i meant the people that knew i don't care about the worthless villagers
    well this is just a guess but from what we've seen so far in the manga the people i would think that would know that naruto was minato's father would be tsunade and jiraiya. jiraiya was following orochimaru when naruto was growing up and tsunade was also away from konoha as well. so there was no one to inform naruto of this.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetowatchanime1 View Post
    well he had to be a travler it was the sages prediction
    so he chose the word of some senile old frog instead of raising naruto the first 11 years of his life

i wouldnt leave my inherited child that i named for the first 11 years of his life even if jesus asked me to

well, in a way, jiraya is good, being that he did look after naruto for about 3 years and did teach him a bit more skills. and he also gave naruto his name, so at least he did that.

bad in the way that he didn't mention that he was his godfather, the 4th his real father, who the mom was, and didn't take after as father role for the first 11 years of his life.

yet, i don't think that he did take role of naruto's godfather from the predictions of the toad of the mountain and what he had told jiraya of his role of the future. being, one that he was told he would go and travel and make his books and two, being that he was told he would only have students, nothing on the part of keeping naruto as a son.

yeah but, even if the toads told him he would only have students, Jiraya should have stopped feeling sorry for himself and checked up on how Naruto was doing. even if he didn't like Konoha so much anymore, or feel like it was home, he is smart enough to get the idea that amazing former student + death by sacrifice for village + one abandoned child who doesn't know anything about amazing past = get your butt down there and make sure your lonely demon-container godson doesn't do a Gaara. but i suppose considering the reflections Jiraya made about himself when he died, and the whole idea that he was mostly a failure, this is the point Kishimoto is trying to make- that the adults are flawed and super-Naruto is going to show everyone how it's done.

I wonder what Jiraya's death and information will trigger in Tsuande- maybe she'll tell Naruto about how Jiraya was his godfather?

(and about his dad? come on, Kishi- give us the candy already)

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by piratedible View Post
    i suppose considering the reflections Jiraya made about himself when he died, and the whole idea that he was mostly a failure, this is the point Kishimoto is trying to make- that the adults are flawed and super-Naruto is going to show everyone how it's done.
    didnt even think of it that way

:O