View Poll Results: Is Jiraiya a horrible godfather?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 20.95%
  • No

83 79.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    I think at the time Naruto needed him the most, Jiraiya was there. It would've been nice if he were there for the first 12 years of Naruto's life, but I think he made up for it in the end by passing on Minato's legacy.
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

I think many of you forgot that Jiraiyah was hung up on not being able to save Orochimaru from walking down the path that he did. It is probably because of this that he didn't feel he belonged in the village and instead chose to live alone and keep tabs on his old friend.

Had his life been simplier, he probably would have settled down, raised Naruto and become the sucessor to the third, but it wasn't. And now... he is dead.

nah jiraya is not a horrible god father am sure these last few moments of his life, will help naruto in some way, i still can't beleive he is dead.

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

maybe the simple answer is that when Jiraya was introduced to story, he didnt take of naruto because the story about him being naruto's grand father was made up afterwards. I mean i really doubt it that whole naruto story has been written already.

Other explanation would be that it's world of the ninja where people die more than live. Jiraya had things to do n naruto was safe in village. Tho, I was surprised that when manga started and at first 100 chaps, that naruto didnt have any guardians. I mean after his parents death, someone should have taken care of him, well than again what do i know about ninja way to life?

and another thing i feel really sorry for naruto, i mean think about it, father: Dead, Mother: Dead, godfather: Now Dead, i mean seriously is he destined to lose every family member he has

Know his name: Jiraiya Sama of the legendary Sannin
    May he rest in peace and he will be sorely missed, the strongest out of all the three

Quote Originally Posted by sharingan360 View Post
    and another thing i feel really sorry for naruto, i mean think about it, father: Dead, Mother: Dead, godfather: Now Dead, i mean seriously is he destined to lose every family member he has
    yea almost feel as sorry as i do for harry potter

well the typical hero of a story usually loses those who are closest to him and one of the most important person he/she loses is their mentor. it's the lose of this mentor that makes the hero grow up into the strong person he will be. so i don't think anymore characters that are close to naruto will be dying in the near future.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Maybe when/if he marries Hinata, she'll die too!
    Yawn...

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neocaster View Post
    Other explanation would be that it's world of the ninja where people die more than live. Jiraya had things to do n naruto was safe in village. Tho, I was surprised that when manga started and at first 100 chaps, that naruto didnt have any guardians. I mean after his parents death, someone should have taken care of him, well than again what do i know about ninja way to life?
    Well...Sandaime was looking out for him. But I guess being Hokage meant that he could not always be there, which is why Naruto spent his childhood so lonely. I don't know why he never moved in with the third. What's sadder than a boy living on his own, cooking and cleaning for himself. It's a wonder he didn't go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by camiscool1 View Post
    Maybe when/if he marries Hinata, she'll die too!
    Oh man...that's be terrible. Or Iruka...
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

I think kishi must have made up all this "godfather" thing later on cuz he didnt take care of him AND he didnt recognize (or just simply didn't want to) him. And wouldn't train him for the chuunin exams you remember? Why? Is there 1000 of other yellow haired boys and girls in the village? No.

Naruto = Lost