View Poll Results: Is Jiraiya a horrible godfather?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 20.95%
  • No

83 79.05%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Naruto Worst Godfather Ever?

It seems like Jiraiya has (had) to be the worst godfather. He doesn't even come to take care of Naruto until the kid is eleven. Doesn't even remember that he named the kid even.

I'm wondering why Jiraiya didn't raise Naruto from childhood, like a godfather should.

well he had to be a travler it was the sages prediction

All we know is that Jiraiya met with Minato and Kushina, and Minato suggested using Naruto as a name, blah-blah, Jiraiya is the god-father.

That's it.

Most likely, Jiraiya wasn't even in the village when Naruto was born.

He indirectly named Naruto. It wasn't like he suggested it to them so i can understand him not remembering that. And if i remember correctly, the 3rd took up partial responsibility for raising Naruto as a baby. Like Kendoki said, Jiraiya probably wasn't in the village when Naruto was born. You can assume that by what Jiraiya said about not being there to protect his student.

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    He indirectly named Naruto. It wasn't like he suggested it to them so i can understand him not remembering that. And if i remember correctly, the 3rd took up partial responsibility for raising Naruto as a baby. Like Kendoki said, Jiraiya probably wasn't in the village when Naruto was born. You can assume that by what Jiraiya said about not being there to protect his student.
    A godfather doesn't raise the child from birth, but rather after the death of the parents. I'm fairly certain that Jiraiya heard when the fourth hokage died, regardless of where he was. Even if the third picked up some slack for Jiraiya, it was his responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Forte925 View Post
    A godfather doesn't raise the child from birth, but rather after the death of the parents. I'm fairly certain that Jiraiya heard when the fourth hokage died, regardless of where he was. Even if the third picked up some slack for Jiraiya, it was his responsibility.
    the thing is jiraiya had to follow the prediction. whatever information he scribbled on pa's back wouldn't have been possible if he was always taking care of naruto. lets say jiraiya came back to the village to take care of naruto after minato and kushina died and he also started travelling with naruto think about how dangerous that could be.

he would be putting naruto's life at risk and naruto would also be slowing him down. at least jiraiya got the chance to take care of naruto during the timeskip and also train him. i think that's enough and now that he's dead it's a sign that his job as a father figure and mentor is over because naruto has reached a state in his life where he doesn't need to rely on jiraiya.

if you remember the typical heroes journey the hero is usually weak and relies heavily on his mentor. the mentor acts as a father figure as well as a teacher. when the mentor dies it's then that the hero must grow and hone his true powers. so if naruto is following the typical heroes journey formula then jiraiya has done his job.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

The whole Konoha attitude toward Naruto really flat out sucked. The 3rd, Kakashi, Jirah, and perhaps others knew the sacrifices made by Minato and Kushina, yet none offered to adopt his son (Naruto). Minato was their Student, Sensei, friend, protector, and they all allowed Naruto to suffer the loneliness he did without the comfort of a parental figure. Shame on them all.

Love the J-Man, but he blew it. Jiriah did not have to go out and force the prediction to happen. A real prediction happens with or without the co-operation of the subject. I wish someone would have at least hired somebody to look out for Naruto.

By the way, Where are the belongings of the 4th? Is it not customary to give a son his inheritance? When do we get to find out what happened to his mom?
    Last edited by paulbee; 12-22-2007 at 01:13 AM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

lol, nice one
    but jiraiya's information will lead to akatsuki's demise no less for sure

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    are you kiddin? the presents he gave him will totally be worth his not constant contact.... like akatsuki info, training....

I think he could have been more present but what're you gonna do? Naruto grow up being very lonely but also very independent and that is a good thing. he wasn't counting on anyone for him to survive so he learned how to live by himself.

It was a great character plot IMO

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

for all we know he heard a rumor about akatsuki and the jinchurikis however u spell it
    and seeing his godson was one he had to go investigate