Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Eden

Has anyone else read Eden and thought it was on par with the best like 20c boys and the like, or is it just me?

heres a short list of essentials (leaving out the obvious like berserk and battle royale:

eden
    crying freeman
    dangu
    dragon head
    Jiraishin
    island
    Kiseijuu
    kurozuka
    red eyes
    remote

these are the ones I liked the most, some are complete (I think they were jiraishin, island and remote) whilst the others have quite a few volumes.

Dont worry its not just you. Its definitely one of the better manga out there and could possibly be up there along with Akira and Ghost in the shell. Currently its my favourite and definitely check it out for those who have yet to read it.

I know I started this on eden, but I also want to push some other mangas i've read which might not be mainstream, but have to be read:

first dangu, a manhwa with breathtaking artwork, all about fighting and special powers and the like.

excerpt from baka-updates:

From the desert wastelands emerge two mysterious warriors, master wizard Yarong and his faithful servant Batu. On a grave mission from their king, they have yet to realize the whirlwind of political movements and secret plots which will soon engulf them and change their lives forever. When Yarong is mortally injured, Batu must fulfill a secret promise to leave Yarong's side and protect his master's child. As Batu seeks to find and hide the infant, Yarong reveals another secret to those who have tracked him down to finish him off--the deadly, hidden power of a Shaman Warrior!

kurozuka: a manga about vampire/monster/fighting starting in the past and based in a dystopian future (think fist of the north star).

From Evil Empire:

Escaping from a brother who had just ascended the throne, Yoshitsune, along with his servant, comes across a house in the middle of a desolate mountain. Oddly enough, only a young woman lives there, who seems to possess a very dark and ominous past.

This long over 1000 years journey focuses on our main protagonist Kurou. This may be a tad bit confusing at the beginning, but once you understand the plot this story can be quite entertaining, but the main story goes as such: It starts with out with Kurou meeting the beautiful women by the name of Kuromitsu, thus began a relationship which transcends life and memories. A journey of immortals and those who chase after it. The majority of this story takes place a few centuries into the future where Kurou is separated from Kuromitsu and without memories and he then searches for answers to who is and why he does not die and who was the women he is so transfixed upon.

and thirdly Jiraishin:

A story about an incredibly evil cop who always does things the hard way and never gives an inch.

from baka-updates:

Kyoya Iida is a hard-nosed detective from the Shinjuku Police precient. He is known in the force as an unreasonable type who would use lethal force to solve cases, making him unpopular with the enlisted and high-ranking officers in the National Police Agency. Despite this fact, there are some in the force that admire Iida for his bravery and cleverness in using lethal force to solve criminal cases whenever legal means are met in a dead end.

kurozuka, i agree. Wow, those seem like great titles. Thx for the info.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gendo Ikari View Post
    Thanks again for all the recommendations.

I am just about almost done with Battle Angel Alita and it is AWESOME. Next will be Gantz which I am actually having trouble finding at local book stores.

I really want to check out "Eden: It's an Endless World" - sounds rather good! Anyone have a opinion about it?
    Where'd you find battle Angel Alita because I have been looking for it. Preferrably if you can , tell me where you found it to read online cause can't really handle downloads.

Can't believe Claymores isn't a seinen?
    Ramirop, what strong females is there in Beserk? I'm only in the 14th volume so sorry if they come later.
    What's Peridot and Fate Stay Night about?
    Ginova could you please tell where you can get Battle Vixens to read online?

For Meidou I'd say some are Yakuza girl, (just starting), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, (awesome and funny), Bamboo blade, (depends on your taste), Gokusen (again depends on your taste and not overly fighting manga), AIKI, (funny, lots of martial arts and a bit ecchi, depends on your preference), code breaker (basically just started, not very fighting per say, also ecchi in a way), Monster Hunter Orage (basically just started, few chapters, slow release), Fairy Tail(lots of magic), Sekirei (a lot of ecchi, not fights that last but a lot of women to choose from).

Quote Originally Posted by luffyJ MCbankaiz View Post
    Can't believe Claymores isn't a seinen?
    Ramirop, what strong females is there in Beserk? I'm only in the 14th volume so sorry if they come later.
    What's Peridot and Fate Stay Night about?
    Ginova could you please tell where you can get Battle Vixens to read online?

For Meidou I'd say some are Yakuza girl, (just starting), History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, (awesome and funny), Bamboo blade, (depends on your taste), Gokusen (again depends on your taste and not overly fighting manga), AIKI, (funny, lots of martial arts and a bit ecchi, depends on your preference), code breaker (basically just started, not very fighting per say, also ecchi in a way), Monster Hunter Orage (basically just started, few chapters, slow release), Fairy Tail(lots of magic), Sekirei (a lot of ecchi, not fights that last but a lot of women to choose from).
    for battle vixens: mangafox.com, also battle club is a manga of that mangaka you might want to check that out too.

Damnit gin0va, you forgot about Endless Eden
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim

If you loved GitS, try Appleseed and Dominion Tank Police
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    If Pow wrote the manga it would be accurate as fuck lol. I stand behind Pow(while humping his leg) on this one.
    Troll Tagged by Uzumaki_Tim