View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
    yeah i can respect that.
    its just that comming from where i am.
    manga and anime is supposed to be uncool.
    but i dont give a fuck and love the story behind naruto and ONE PIECE
    ONE PIECE is truly to me a frickin masterpiece
    and the artwork in vagabond is just oh so amazing.
    its just my opinion that guys shouldnt read shoujou
    ichiro loves one piece, but i can never see him reading shoujou.
    name one male celebrity whos not GAY that reads shoujou...and then maybe i might let go
    almost every manga/anime is supposed to be uncool, only when it has good fights its considered "cool" by the people who dont watch it >_>

I like shoujo manga, and I'm a guy, and yes sometimes shoujo manga artstyles creep me out. but really, most of the shoujo romances are better than a lot of those crap-ass shounen romance mangas. In shounen romance its always about a stupid nerd who gets hot chicks and that pretty much annoys me. (eventhough I love fanservice and ecchi a lot, the guys usually are fucking annoying in those series.) there are just a few shounen romance mangas that are good.

Anyways, you have a stereotypical view on shoujo mangas because you thinks its all gay and glittery.

and a guy reading shoujo doesnt make him per se girly, there are lots and lots of girls reading shounen manga, does that make em tomboys or lesbians?

Also. any series are legit, not just naruto. Naruto is a breeding place for retards and that's all. (I do follow naruto, and it's really not that special)

Also, if you're gonna whine about my signature banner. No it's not from a shoujo, it's from a shounen manga.
    Last edited by Jinoh; 10-25-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Banned

Eyeshield 21

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    almost every manga/anime is supposed to be uncool, only when it has good fights its considered "cool" by the people who dont watch it >_>

I like shoujo manga, and I'm a guy, and yes sometimes shoujo manga artstyles creep me out. but really, most of the shoujo romances are better than a lot of those crap-ass shounen romance mangas. In shounen romance its always about a stupid nerd who gets hot chicks and that pretty much annoys me. (eventhough I love fanservice and ecchi a lot, the guys usually are fucking annoying in those series.) there are just a few shounen romance mangas that are good.

Anyways, you have a stereotypical view on shoujo mangas because you thinks its all gay and glittery.

and a guy reading shoujo doesnt make him per se girly, there are lots and lots of girls reading shounen manga, does that make em tomboys or lesbians?

Also. any series are legit, not just naruto. Naruto is a breeding place for retards and that's all. (I do follow naruto, and it's really not that special)

Also, if you're gonna whine about my signature banner. No it's not from a shoujo, it's from a shounen manga.
    lol u sound like a fag especially with ur post count on a manga forum.
    thats all there is to it. shoujou is for girls u gay queers
    get over the fact that u guys have no dicks

Rednecknoob's trolldar failed :<
    Someone, put mrgrape out of his misery...

It did not fail you liar! He seriously believes the bullshit he's spouting. That's what my trolldar says.

Signature and Avatar courtesy of ImotoChan

Quote Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
    lol u sound like a fag especially with ur post count on a manga forum.
    thats all there is to it. shoujou is for girls u gay queers
    get over the fact that u guys have no dicks
    Enjoy your ban douchebag.

We don't need failure trolls/idiots like you on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    Enjoy your ban douchebag.

We don't need failure trolls/idiots like you on this forum.
    Haha, this made me laugh. It's always funny to see ppl get what they deserve.
    There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

i like romantic stuff and some dramas..

whats a good shojo manga that i could read?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

I for one love Skip beat or Shōjo beat, its the #1 currently on my must read list, other than that I find Fruits basket and Nana interesting, so I can say Shōjo manga are not just meant for girls -.-. A lot of Shōjo manga is written by guys, well girls write most though. I'm not sure about the ratio.

And there nothing wrong with guys (me) reading complicated stories lines that progress at a regular pace, usually dealing with trials of life (drama, dreams, characters showing a variety of emotions-romance too, succeeding in life and in relationships). I enjoy and love character development. I find that, that is what I'm most interested in.

Frankly, I get tired of reading long drawn out constant fighting (shounen) mangas, I think they tend to be lacking in depth and imagination, and no I don't mean fight moves. I like Naruto, and Bleach, and I read them every week, but honestly they are simple stories that are all over the top with 1 or 2 common themes - 1. who's going to die, and 2. who's going to develop powers, upgrades, or techniques in order to defeat overly super powerful evil Villains, the end. I like to see progression on the story lines, not never ending war.
    Last edited by soifongx; 11-17-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Left something out that could have been misleading :(
    oh my? zzzzzzzz, _o_ wake me up when things get interesting!

I voted "Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about."

I love Shoujo manga, I've now read about 30 of them in the past several months. Skip Beat and Nana are currently my favorites.

That said, I'm now reading more Gantz and Monster, and of course Berserk remains my favorite. After all the cute, sentimental romance, I need a healthy dose of badassery and killing puppies. Just my manga diet.