View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

    60 18.24%
  • Just no.

    56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

    182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

    31 9.42%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 303
  1. #191

  2. #192
    Couldn't be fucked Archiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    3,136
    Quote Originally Posted by loyal_to_darkness View Post
    umm...is midori days counted as love?????
    cause i like it^^
    I can't remember but it was cool anyways.

    Spoiler!


    Why don't more people read these mangas?

  3. #193
    Desire climax isn't that great a story -- honestly. That's about it.

  4. #194
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,416
    I read it all in one sitting, and in hindsight, I agree. It's nothing special. Kinda un-special, actually.

  5. #195
    First of all to answer the question, I am a guy, but I don't think there is any reason to be ashamed or hide the fact that you read shojo manga. Frankly, there is never a need to hide what it is that your reading, for whatever reason. That is, unless it's CP in which you might be imprisoned. But as someone said above, what you read has no bearing on your sexual orientation.
    I don't really read shojo manga, although I have read Gravitation, Angel Sanctuary, and I am currently reading Vampire Knight. But I don't really read shojo just because I haven't encountered many shojo manga that I have been genuinely interested in. And some of the reasons that some people gave for both liking and not liking shojo are soemwhat fishy. SHOUJO is a demographic, meaning manga aimed towards a female audience. SHOUJO is NOT a genre. A genre would be action or adventure, and I think that many people have the presumption that Shojo and Shonen are both demographics and genres which is incorrect. Like some people have said that Chobits is a shojo, which is incorrect. Chobits is a seinen manga because it was targeted at a male demographic who could embrace the "typical shojo artstyle" and look past it at the great storyline. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that, a manga is not Shojo because it's artwork is a certain way or that the storyline has typical shojo aspects. It's shojo because it is targeted more towards a female audience. And in targeting a female audience certain stereotypes have been made as to what makes a manga a shojo. These are what most people use to gauge whether or not a manga is shojo and thats why I think some guys have a sort of stigma towards shojo manga.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    mrgrape is either a troll or an insecure quivering little boy who can't appreciate all that is cute and girly :3

    My money is on him being a troll though and failing hard at it.
    lol. im actually from japan raised in cali.
    i dont care if girls read shoujo but not guys......i mean me reading manga to some people are like woah!
    but i like good stories such as one piece and naruto....bleach sucks tbh
    zetman, vagabond, and gantz is sik as hell too.

    i just cant stand guys who read shoujou. i mean if ur a queer i dont care.
    but really guys......why do u read shoujou? dont u wanna just burn it?
    id rather be driving through the mountains in my 240sx.

    i guess im a bias son of a bitch.
    but i cant see why GUYS read shoujou.....
    its not like its religion or morality kind of issue such as abortion were aruguing on...
    its just the difference between men and woman.
    and if ur gay thats cool with me, but honestly guys how do u read shoujou?
    its like wearing a skirt and lipstick and going to school.......
    unless ur totally wasted doing that i dont mind, but dead sober...i will call u a fag to ur face.
    but hey i have total respect for girls who read shoujou and good manga...

  7. #197
    どうしてこうなった! Sangaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    2,003
    Oh my that gave me a good laugh...

    I'm not trying to belittle you when I say this but your are severly overcompensating for something.
    Every man has a feminin-ish side to them, some far more than others.

    Why read shoujo? because if you like romance stories and don't want to read something where the lead male is an arrogant, indesicive bitch that you can find no common ground with (E.I typical shounen romance), then shoujo is great.

    I'm talking anime with his one but, Itazura na Kiss is a brilliant shoujo romance, following a couple from school untill they are married with a child at the end, It's just a heart warming kind of story that you won't normaly find outside of shoujo.

    Also, to finish my buisness here, I still think you are a troll, you're post's are far to childish and ridiculous for you to be anything other than a troll.

    As a final note...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
    but i like good stories such as one piece and naruto....bleach sucks tbh
    LOL, I would rather read yaoi, guro or pretty much any other reading material under the sun than put myself through the mind numbing experience that is naruto.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Oh my that gave me a good laugh...

    I'm not trying to belittle you when I say this but your are severly overcompensating for something.
    Every man has a feminin-ish side to them, some far more than others.

    Why read shoujo? because if you like romance stories and don't want to read something where the lead male is an arrogant, indesicive bitch that you can find no common ground with (E.I typical shounen romance), then shoujo is great.

    I'm talking anime with his one but, Itazura na Kiss is a brilliant shoujo romance, following a couple from school untill they are married with a child at the end, It's just a heart warming kind of story that you won't normaly find outside of shoujo.

    Also, to finish my buisness here, I still think you are a troll, you're post's are far to childish and ridiculous for you to be anything other than a troll.

    As a final note...

    LOL, I would rather read yaoi, guro or pretty much any other reading material under the sun than put myself through the mind numbing experience that is naruto.
    lol i dont even wanna start. the whole time u put to make ur sig and how gay the characters are..
    naruto is legit.i fuckin love it and read it every week so u can kiss my ass if u dont like it. though the anime is frickin gay.
    and dont even start. trust me shoujou is gay as fuck if ur a male.
    i dont care if u have a feminine side. if u call males with femine sides emo anime queers then thats fine.
    i dont have anything against anime obsessed kids as long as the guys dont read shoujou.
    thats just plain queer and so are u if u read it. WHAT THE HELL IS SO INTERESTING IN SHOUJOU GUYS....do u want to know how to talk to girls or something or see what girls like? is that why u guys are reading gay ass manga?
    i dont mind if shoujou has HOT ass bitches that bend over and have huge cleavage in the manga, but romance in a girl manga is just GAY GAY GAY.
    thats like reading a romance novel on fabio thrusting his large hard thick sausage in a wet dripping melting hole.......and actualyl enjoying it in a way in which u get aroused, queers

  9. #199
    charmed ImotoChan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Binky-land
    Posts
    1,396
    mrgrape, you're not by any chance confusing shoujo with yuri or anything similar to that, are you? True, shoujos are targeted usually to the female audience but despite that, a number of shoujos have decent storylines and some rather heartwarming ones. I know a few guys offline who read shoujo mangas, and they're quite, er, masculine? -_-" I meant it as the opposite of feminine, but it sounds rather awkward. Anyway, they just appreciate a little softness from time to time, not everyone likes action-packed stories all the time. Take it from the other side; is it okay for a girl like me to enjoy shounen?

    Each series has a plot, and the plot develops. It is this development that keeps people attracted to, and in turn, hooked on a certain series. Whether they're shounens or shoujos, or anything other, is usually considered after. Unless you're the kind to pick up a series according to art style, like me. Then again, I'm pretty open with art styles..

    That said, this is all a matter of opinion, and everything said here should be taken openly.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post
    mrgrape, you're not by any chance confusing shoujo with yuri or anything similar to that, are you? True, shoujos are targeted usually to the female audience but despite that, a number of shoujos have decent storylines and some rather heartwarming ones. I know a few guys offline who read shoujo mangas, and they're quite, er, masculine? -_-" I meant it as the opposite of feminine, but it sounds rather awkward. Anyway, they just appreciate a little softness from time to time, not everyone likes action-packed stories all the time. Take it from the other side; is it okay for a girl like me to enjoy shounen?

    Each series has a plot, and the plot develops. It is this development that keeps people attracted to, and in turn, hooked on a certain series. Whether they're shounens or shoujos, or anything other, is usually considered after. Unless you're the kind to pick up a series according to art style, like me. Then again, I'm pretty open with art styles..

    That said, this is all a matter of opinion, and everything said here should be taken openly.
    yeah i can respect that.
    its just that comming from where i am.
    manga and anime is supposed to be uncool.
    but i dont give a fuck and love the story behind naruto and ONE PIECE
    ONE PIECE is truly to me a frickin masterpiece
    and the artwork in vagabond is just oh so amazing.
    its just my opinion that guys shouldnt read shoujou
    ichiro loves one piece, but i can never see him reading shoujou.
    name one male celebrity whos not GAY that reads shoujou...and then maybe i might let go

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •