View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Magic Knight Rayearth and MARS were the first manga I really got into (and Ah! My Goddess, but that's not Shoujo). I read Shojo manga 'cause most have deeper developments when it comes to character relationships, when compared to Shounen manga. Of course, this isn't true in all cases; Rumbling Hearts (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - the anime, not the game) has better development than most Shoujo out there.

are we talking about the really really girly stuff? like when they talk about men all the time? or just cool normal shojo like fruits basket or something like that?
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic254_5.gif

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Clavat View Post
    are we talking about the really really girly stuff? like when they talk about men all the time? or just cool normal shojo like fruits basket or something like that?
    Meh, in my opinion its any Shoujo, I've read plenty of different types, from Kaikan Phrase, Perfect girl evolution, love monster, fruits basket, Koukou debut, lovely complex, love monster, moe kare, my girl, ai-ren, my lovely ghost KANA, salad days (SALAD DAYS <333) etc etc etc.

Depends on what random series I decide to collect...as long as theres no Shonen-ai or full blown yaoi...

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

NARUTO X SASUKE KIZUNA, Yaoi tbh
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic254_5.gif

Nana is an awesome manga, it doesn't actually matter if it's for girls. I know about 3 girls who watch Naruto so___ I luve Nana

I've read over a hundred shoujos.. And even more shounens. And I hafta tell you, even as a guy I enjoy good shoujo more than most shounen.

Quote Originally Posted by R@GN0R/\K View Post
    i dont mind readin them but i think theyr'nt clearly defined . i read suzuka thought it was a shojo then someone tells me its actually a shounen (coz it got published in weekly shounen mwagazine) the same is the case with love hina(thou didn like the endin). curently readin Vampire knights which i think is a shounen but it is actually a shojo
    To me, Vamprire Knight SCREAMS shoujo It *clearly* tells a story from a young girl's poing of view and all. But the story's cool, and I like it. I like Matsuri Hino's style, and I was devastated when the animeversion butchered it) I'd recommend if anyone likes vampirethemes.. ^__^

And here's few other highly recommendable shoujo series~

most of Kaori Yuki's works (Angel Sanctuary, Ludwig Kakumei etc.),
    Darker than Black (manga scanlations not complete as far as I know o.o),
    Superior,
    Nana (yes, it's pretty good although most ppl I know seem to be too biased to actually read it),
    Wallflower (or Perfect Girl Evolution/Yamada Nadeshiko Shichi Henge),
    Special A (pretty cheesy but still enjoyable. Totally LMAOed)
    and Ouran High School Host Club.

...AND I ALSO ENJOY READING JOSEIS! (phew, got that out of my system)

Veteran Member
    dont read them, and i like beer XD
    Spoiler!

If I enjoy a manga then ill read, regardless of whether or not its shonen/shojo/seinen. However, the only shojo manga I like are ouran high school host club, skip beat and perfect girl evolution. Generally the plot in some shojo are less exciting as in seinen or shonen, so ill only read it if its funny and entertaining.Btw, anyone recommend any shojo similiar to the ones I said above?

Not sure if it's similar, but I'd recommend reading Gokusen 8D

Talking

I'm not a guy, but I have a guy friend who buys Shojo beat, who actually introduced me to shoujo manga, and another guy who watched/now reading Ouran. I'd like to get the latter guy friend into more shoujo >__> so if there's anything alike to Ouran feel free to reccomend.

... I was told Inuyasha was a shoujo, is that right? Because I always thought of it as a shounen 0_o