View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    The first mangas I read are Shojo, however I slowly began liking Shonen more. Now, I rarely read any shojo mangas.

The fact is that i have turned my attention on some of those mangas such as Fruit Basket a manga that i truly enjoyed reading ^^, i recently started reading Vampire Knight (if it is considered a Shojo) but i am not that much thrilled over it..... have a few more downloaded but can't come in mind atm. i am not embarrased of reading them. most people i meet... always thought of mangas and anime as all-be hentai..... >_> *whispers*ignorant bastards*whispers*
    at any rate i try to initiate as many as possible in the manga world (or even the anime one *sigh*) or at least inform them of the true nature of most of the mangas at least I read.

Thank you Eva-dono for the sig _o_

Fight Hunger with a "click"
    www.freerice.com

Take A Piece Of Peace Piece of Peace's Avatar
    I do, i'm not ashamed of saying it either.

"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
    -William Shakespeare

Ok yeah, I do now, and they're awesome, I'm seeing a whole new side of things I never knew was there, and the colors pink and purple are becoming more appealing to me. But I'm not joking there's some good manga in this category.

melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
    "Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible, I chose Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small!

Hey, I know girls who read shonen manga. What's so embarrassing about reading Shojo manga if I am a guy? Genre differentiation is overrated anyway. I have read Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket and Hana Kimi. As long as they are works of excellence, I am fine with them. Heck, hasn't any of you who have replied "no" to this question gotten tired of reading hack, slash, explosion, immortal protagonists and huge boob fanservice related mangas each week?

Therefore, my answer is "Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about."

By the way, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya isn't shojo and I don't really care much about the cheap manga version of that franchise. However I am a true(more or less) fan of the anime and novels. To be honest, I am not even sure what genre Haruhi falls into. It seems to be a little of all genres.

Initiate
    it's very hard for a shoujo to get my attention. so far, Utena, Fushigi Yugi and currently Beast Master has not failed to do so. If Ouran Highschool Host Club is considered shoujo, then i guess you can somehow count that in seeing how it has piqued my interest. haven't read it though. am planning to.

at first i thought shojo was some kind of yaoi(yaois fucking disgusting and sad along with hentai)

i dont read shojos.i think that if you read them your bored and you want to look at some anime/manga chics.

As far as I know, I haven't read any hardcore shoujo, unless Ouran counts.. o_o

The only shojo I read was bitter virgin and it made me feel bad about just wanting to have sex wit girls lol but other than that I tend not to like the shojo genre