View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    i read a lot of shojo and shonen and honestly i love them both...sometimes its good to have a little down time from heroes kicking the villains butts and read high school girls falling in love....sigh....

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I read Love Hina. I enjoyed it. Sometimes it's nice to break away from all the action oriented stuff out there. Plus I usually prefer plot and character development to straight up action.

Quote Originally Posted by megas88 View Post
    Thank you I shall. I'm glad you agree. The standards for most shounen are pretty dull now a days. Even in the past they were. DBZ had nothing but talking and what little fighting with as basic attacks you could ever see so everyone copies them just because it's so popular. No story=no good. I forgot in all of the anime I listed that I should have included Marmalade Boy. Very good series.
    Hahaha. The good 'ole DBZ days... 10 chapters of power up and taunt talking. Gaaah, and the anime! I remember turning to mush in front of the TV watching Goku or Vegeta powering up 5 episodes back to back.

But you gotta hand it to Toriyama-san, he had the right idea. To me, he's the father of all Shonen comics. ;p

The Shonen section of the manga verse is becoming a bit dull for me as well. (I worry that my love for manga might be fading.. T.T) I used to love Bleach, but somewhere along the way I stopped paying too much attention to it. Now-a-days One Piece and Gintama are the only threads keeping me in the manga cycle (But I’m borderline obsessed with OP so I guess it's enough. XP)

Quote Originally Posted by legend143 View Post
    i read a lot of shojo and shonen and honestly i love them both...sometimes its good to have a little down time from heroes kicking the villains butts and read high school girls falling in love....sigh....
    Another first poster to the Shojo thread. ^^ First off-- welcome to MS legend143. And yes, a break with Shojo from all the Shonen a** kicking may be in order from time to time.

High school girls falling in love, huh? Well, I suppose, it is Spring afterall. ^^b

Quote Originally Posted by xl Haseo lx View Post
    I read Love Hina. I enjoyed it. Sometimes it's nice to break away from all the action oriented stuff out there. Plus I usually prefer plot and character development to straight up action.
    At first I thought Love Hina was not Shojo and... something else. I flipped through a copy in a bookstore and just saw a whole lotta busty ladies and assumed otherwise. But I guess it is Shojo?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Arrancar Grimmjow View Post

At first I thought Love Hina was not Shojo and... something else. I flipped through a copy in a bookstore and just saw a whole lotta busty ladies and assumed otherwise. But I guess it is Shojo?
    Hehe I thought the same. But as you get into it it adopts a lot of shojo elements so I think it counts. Then again I probably wouldn't have gotten to the interesting parts if it wasn't for the ecchi. =P
    Last edited by Arisato-kun; 03-26-2008 at 02:31 AM.

Um, I'm not that into it because a lot of times it's boring and big swoony, flowery, close-up, blushing whatnot, and there's only so much room I have in my heart for that sort of stuff. If the story is good, I don't care, I'll read it, but otherwise, I wouldn't call myself a shoujo 'fan'.
    credit -> OC

what the hell is shojo manga anyway ? maybe i will like it
    NAruto's next Rasengan powerup(where he uses his new Fuuton RS while in Fox Xage mode) will accidentally make a tear in dimensions and suck Aizen and everyone else into Narutoverse, which will result in Madara and Aizen fusing, and Naruto will borrow Ichigo's enormous Zanpakuto and charge it with Wind Chakra and cut Madaraizen(if you steal this term I will hunt you down and disembowel you) in half, and then the world explodes from the awesomeness of the scene.
    Made By Hagane, the Ice Nomad

if shonen is aimed at the male the i guess shojo is for the females correct? And yes i did read love hina its great to sometimes get away from the action. Im also reading school rumble if that can be considered shojo, im not sure what it is. Im so confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Linkz View Post
    what the hell is shojo manga anyway ? maybe i will like it
    Shojo is manga normally geared towards a female audience. Instead of all the action you expect it's usually more focused on plot development and relationships. If you're big on storyline then I would recommend shojo to you. Just because it's geared towards girls doesn't mean guys can't enjoy it too right?

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

I don't have any issue with shoujo manga. If I find the story interesting, I'll grab and read it. But I'll stay away from any yaoi themed or cheesy sad romance stories, though.

I had a bunch of friends who would read Fruits Basket or Card Captor Sakura or Sailor Moon. I read a shit load of Shonen so I don't think it's odd a guy would read shojo.
    The Lady is Awesome and Cooler than You.