View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Manga aimed at young women.

ugh, i'm actually reading TOO much lately But they're so good lol. I like all the 'become a superstar' and 'become better at modeling/acting' and stuff

Active follower and dieheart fan of the following running manga's:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    D. Grayman
    Bleach
    Fairy Tail
    Soul Eater
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Skip beat
    Vampire Knight
    Bakuman

Quote Originally Posted by L0ki View Post
    I was traumatized some time ago by a shoujo called Milk... something (thank god I blocked it from my memory). Yeah, I know it's a poor excuse, like staying away from seinen cause the first I read was Monster or 20th century boys, but a few days ago I was able to get over my trauma and read Lovely Complex till the end. Can't say I loved it, but at least I didn't think "what the fuck am I reading?" in every single page. And I'm downloading Kare Kano right now.
    First, why would you stay away from seinen after reading 20th and Monster? I did not understand your example.

Second, you're probably talking about Milk Crown or Milk To Vitamin. Sorry for your memory.

Third, and most important, how can a manga traumatize you?

[/offtopic]

Quote Originally Posted by damnz View Post
    First, why would you stay away from seinen after reading 20th and Monster? I did not understand your example.
    I was implying those two series suck balls. I have already argued with Urasawa's fans countless times, and I don't feel like doing it again right now.

Second, you're probably talking about Milk Crown or Milk To Vitamin. Sorry for your memory.
    I don't want to remember it. Seriously.

Third, and most important, how can a manga traumatize you?
    It was more like I was prejudiced against shoujo manga since that time. I wouldn't read a series, no matter how good references it had, just because it was shoujo. So a couple of weeks ago I was looking for a new series to read, and being tired from the usual the usual romance/harem/ecchi or ninja/samurai/action crap I decided to download a shoujo. And I found it entertaing. I still find the loads of flower backgrounds and the yaoi innuendo fucking ghey, though.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    yaoi is "fucking ghey" by definition

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Aye, I deserve the "homosexuals are gay" demotivator for that.

You can always look past the yaoi and argue inside your mind that they're just really good friends in really awkward positions. Hard to do that in some shoujo, though... Some have really good stories, but they insist on shoving the yaoi up your throat....

... Okay, that didn't sound right.

Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City, Philippines
    I see, and yeh sometimes I do read Shojo Mangas.
    "With a thrust it's a Spear; with a sweep it's a Naginata, when you hold it, it's a Longsword; a Cane can become each of those things!"-

Kugatachi Danki

Bored? Play BattleDawn
    "The Best Strategy MMO Browser Game"
    http://www.battledawn.com?amp;referer_id=2805143

I do sometimes .. =] theres nothing to be embarrassed reading some .

I LOVE SHOUJO!!!
    Fruits basket, Hana Kimi may be my favorite, I read some Nana, I still can't tell if Full Metal panic was Shojo or Shonen... doesn't matter... If it's got guys, I read it, if it has girls, I tolerate it but read it, it it has hetero themes, I gulp hard and look past it to the cutesy funny light hearted story, and if it's got Yaoi, leave me alone for a while, I'm bunking down for the long haul, baby.

But, thinking as a man rather than a gay man, I'd say only a man who admits to himself that he likes things that may be girly is really a man anyways. I mean men cook and clean, at least I do.. and I get smashed and read blood fests ike Gantz and Battle Royale, with gusto... gosh, I love Gantz... release more please manga gods...

Thats a word, or many more, from Zed_
    I choose to believe it's love that we live for... love that we die for... and for love that we are remembered and live on.