View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    I respect your opinion.

But you don't like shojo just cus it's shojo?
    You just don't like? Yeah, Sakura is the gayest (haha) manga ever. Yukito and Touya Sakura and Tomoyo...but was one of the most enjoyable anime i've ever watched, though.

One recomendation, if you don't read yet, is Fruit Basket. See the character evolution, psychologically speaking is amazing. Great mangaka' job. Maybe you'll reconsider...

Cheers.
    "They buying the new ones and we playing the good ones"

Quote Originally Posted by iseeandwitness View Post
    @leozard

I...actually refuse to watch/read Cardcaptor Sakura...Even though I'm reading its spin-offs, Tsubasa Resovir Chronicles and xxxHolic, shonen and seinen respectively.

Why?
    It's shojo!
    i had no idea TRC and xxxHolic were shounen/seinen.
    trc comes across as really shoujo tho, i've watched random minutes of random episodes and from all the faye x kuro-something fandom out there i kinda assumed it was shoujo.

i nvr really thought about xxxholic, but isn't it also more shoujo or maybe jousei instead of seinen?? again, the watanuki/doumeki fandom.

but hearing xxxholic is seinen does make me feel better bout liking it. hahaha.

- yes, i'm a girl that does not want to be associated w/ shoujo. - not tht there is nething horribly wrong with shoujo.

Wha--? TRC and xxxHOLiC are so not shoujo. :/ CLAMP like playing around with their characters, that's why we get a lot of crossover characters in their works, as well as minor implications. Well, save for Tomoyo and her outright confession in CCS. And maybe Tokyo Babylon, but I've never read that. But TRC would most definitely fall under shounen, and xxxHOLiC, seinen.

Shounen = Awesome details and art = Me happy
    Shoujo = Pretty pictures = Me happy
    Seinen = Awesome details and storyline = Me happy
    Josei = Pretty pictures and awesome storyline = Me happy

Though, the ^above^ is terribly generalising on my part, pay no heed. I actually try series that people recommend to me before deciding whether or not I wish to continue, regardless of the genre.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leozord View Post
    I respect your opinion.

But you don't like shojo just cus it's shojo?
    You just don't like? Yeah, Sakura is the gayest (haha) manga ever. Yukito and Touya Sakura and Tomoyo...but was one of the most enjoyable anime i've ever watched, though.

One recomendation, if you don't read yet, is Fruit Basket. See the character evolution, psychologically speaking is amazing. Great mangaka' job. Maybe you'll reconsider...

Cheers.
    I wasn't trying to bash your opinion...Sorry.^^;

...Pretty much><

I'll try it. I heard it's similar to Ouran, which is the one shojo mangha I love.

@swoodles-Yep. Me too. It says at wikipedia and myanimelist as shonen and seinen. Tsubasa I like because of its pretty drawing style.(Though it's almost borderlining shojo;my art is like that^^;...Well, shojo, shonen, and seinen.)

shoujo's fine if your bored of all the fights n drama n all fictional elements, just simple boy n girls n bare boobs

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    shoujo's fine if your bored of all the fights n drama n all fictional elements, just simple boy n girls n bare boobs
    especially 'harem' like Love Hina, To-love-ru, MxO...

yeah, i also read desire climax

Banned
    dude anyone who reads shojo is a dumbfuck. i dont give a fuck what ur reason is. im straight from japan, and shojo is gay as fuck,
    now if its seinen which is 18+ then YES it is very good, but no please no shojo guys, thats just queer

^very mature

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
    dude anyone who reads shojo is a dumbfuck. i dont give a fuck what ur reason is. im straight from japan, and shojo is gay as fuck,
    now if its seinen which is 18+ then YES it is very good, but no please no shojo guys, thats just queer
    Quite mature. I guess respecting other people's tastes doesn't apply here seeing as you need to bash people who think differently than you.

Shojo is good when you're looking for more of an in depth story. Like someone earlier said, the character evolution in Fruits' Basket (from what I've read of it) is astonishing.

So in short don't bash people who like a genre that's more story than anything else. I'm sure you did this just because you were bored and wanted to piss people off but no one here appreciates it. ^_^

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList