View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    does "ShoUjo Ai" count?
    if yes: yep, i do
    if not: nope, but i dont like beer and walls... both are unhealthy and braindamaging...
    No Signature for You!

i read plenty

ya ninjastik i do to and i am a guy my bro makes fun of me and my friends knows but who care people can read wat they want to read i am a big SHOJO and if someone has a problem with wat other people read then shut and dont make fun of others because they like other things.

i think they're boring for the most part. i liked the final episode of the anime of "the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi" but in general shojo contains too many non-relevant dialogues. i often asked myself why the author even put up the effort of drawing pictures to the textbubbles.
    The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndes View Post
    i think they're boring for the most part. i liked the final episode of the anime of "the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi" but in general shojo contains too many non-relevant dialogues. i often asked myself why the author even put up the effort of drawing pictures to the textbubbles.
    umm, I don't see how haruhi is relevant to this topic. The Anime/Manga/Novels are not shoujo.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Quote Originally Posted by jja View Post
    umm, I don't see how haruhi is relevant to this topic. The Anime/Manga/Novels are not shoujo.
    Yup, they're targeted to a male audience.

Nope. It's not because of the romance but the lack of action, comedy and fan service. Although, I did read sailor moon.... Find me a shoujo that has these characteristics and I might read it. Also, I do read shoujo ai.

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Nope. It's not because of the romance but the lack of action, comedy and fan service. Although, I did read sailor moon.... Find me a shoujo that has these characteristics and I might read it. Also, I do read shoujo ai.
    Sailor Moon a shojo?

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    sailor moon is more magical girl than shoujo, but I guess it still counts as the target audience was/is girls.

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

I've always been curious of this thread, but I naturally avoided it what with the title clearly aiming for the boys. But my curiosity got the better of me today, and I would like to add my two cents to the discussion.

First thing's first, I am a girl, and though it may seem obvious, I have experiences of being asked of my gender, and at one time, assumed to be a guy. >_> (Apparently, according to the person, I was assumed to be a guy after reading my info page on another forum, which held my likes and dislikes.) But I digress.

Some shoujo mangas I've read are sadly either of no steady plot or of what seem to be the same one for all. I just managed to get through with Hana Kimi, and I've no idea what goes on in Ouran. La Corda d'Oro, despite having the concours as the main event, make me feel like they're adding things that don't really need to be added. But, even with their flaws, I still read them because they always know the right moment to come up with an amazingly beautiful drawing to capture the eyes (And heart, if you will), and any thoughts of dropping it simply vanishes. It's just one of the greatest things of shoujo. Other titles would include Darker Than Black, Trinity Blood (<3), Black Sun Silver Moon.

Slightly off: However, I'm always a bigger fan of shounen, seinen and josei, in terms of storyline and art. (I consider Ouran anime to be josei.) One Piece presents itself as a great alternative for when you're feeling you have had too much of shoujo, as I did. Also, CLAMP is absolutely brilliant with their art; they've covered most genres, including character design for Code Geass and I am a huge fan of them.

Simply said, I don't mind going out with a guy who reads shoujo.