View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d3ath_g0d View Post
    Same.

Shojo's are like romantic things right?

I cant believe guys read it.
    hm i actually might read one i just wanna see how ones like

Props to Ravona for Ava & Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
    WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT NARUTO!?! THE MANGA IS CALLED SASUKE

Quote Originally Posted by d3ath_g0d View Post
    Same.

Shojo's are like romantic things right?

I cant believe guys read it.
    Whats wrong with a guy reading or watching romance?
    Usually the type of guy who is dead set against it is either a kid or someone who trys to act manly so not to feel embaressed infront of his friends.

jja will back me on this one, Romance anime/manga are brilliant and allot of them actually fall in to the shounen category.

I'm not all that much of a manga fan and hence I dont have a vast knowledge of good romance manga, but anime such as clannad, kanon, air, fruits basket(a shoujo), chobits and a shit load more are superb anime due to the relationships that grow during the course of them.
    Much better than mind numbing "beat the bad guy, save the world" shounen garbage (one piece being a major exception of course)

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    Yup I can agree with Sangaz 100% on this one. I haven't personally read that many shoujo manga, but I've seen a bit of shoujo anime. They are quite enjoyable, and I have no qualms about saying I like romance material. I'm also not gay as I have a wife and a kid.

I still enjoy a decent shonen every now and then, but overall I enjoy a romance better than action regardless of whether it's shoujo or shounen

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangaz View Post
    Usually the type of guy who is dead set against it is either a kid or someone who trys to act manly so not to feel embaressed infront of his friends.

jja will back me on this one, Romance anime/manga are brilliant and allot of them actually fall in to the shounen category.

I'm not all that much of a manga fan and hence I dont have a vast knowledge of good romance manga, but anime such as clannad, kanon, air, fruits basket(a shoujo), chobits and a shit load more are superb anime due to the relationships that grow during the course of them.
    Much better than mind numbing "beat the bad guy, save the world" shounen garbage (one piece being a major exception of course)
    I backs ya too Sangaz...though...not if you try and defend yaoi.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I'm going to back them up on this one too. It doesn't matter what kind of anime or manga it is. As long as it has a good story then it's a good show. Romances are usually good stories. They can suck you in and make you keep wondering what happens next to the character. Who will the hero or heroine fall in love with? What will happen to them? It's always nice to see a happy ending and romances deliver on just that.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    I backs ya too Sangaz...though...not if you try and defend yaoi.
    You assume I would defend yaoi!? You're image of me is becoming warped through no fault of my own, I'm hurt ;_;

Annnnnnyway, In summary, the romance genre is great and I love a soppy ending :3

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    You assume I would defend yaoi!? You're image of me is becoming warped through no fault of my own, I'm hurt ;_;

Annnnnnyway, In summary, the romance genre is great and I love a soppy ending :3
    Hmmm...regarding romance and shoujo and all that...Sangaz, you finished ai-ren yet...and everyone else who reads this thread...go read Ai-ren.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I read whatever looks good at the time, Ive read things from just about every genre, so I dont see any problem with shojo

Have no problem with it, but I never read it. Never heard of it before this forum. Anyway I don't think I'll like it. I also hate 'girly' movies, so I'll probably won't like Shojo either. I prefer shonen.

That's not true, there are enough people that won't feel embaressed but still don't read Shojo. I'm positive I won't like it, just because it's not my taste. Has nothing to do with feeling manly and feeling embaressed.

Man, shoujo mangas are for the weak...true men read yaoi mangas...