View Poll Results: Do guys read Shojo mangas?

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just yes.

60 18.24%
  • Just no.

56 17.02%
  • Yes. Why not? It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.

182 55.32%
  • No. It's emasculating. *Drinks beer and hammers dry wall*

31 9.42%
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Der Metzgermeister Icedrake79@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Guys are allowed to read Shojo in my opinon, a lot of the stuff that gets put into the Shojo category are more neutral, they just get put there because they have romance and stuff. Its only the extreme kinda stuff that contains excessive amounts of romance and the entire book is only talking about guys, that guys tend to stay far away from. Other wise romantic comedy and genres like that are really fun to read.
    I am called Volker, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, and Lord of the Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Rukibot View Post
    ... I was told Inuyasha was a shoujo, is that right? Because I always thought of it as a shounen 0_o
    Inuyasha is a shounen.. it just has some romance in it. Everyone seems to think Love Hina and School Rumble are shoujo aswell, but they're actually shounen too (fot those not aware of this)

There's many shounen mangas that have romance in them, and are often mistaken to be shoujo. And there're many shoujos that dun have mushy romantic themes in 'em but action instead, so I dun think theres actually that much of a difference in shoujo and shounen mangas.

The only difference, IMO, is that shoujos main audience consists of young girls whereas shounen is for young boys. The same goes for cartoons and TV series, so why not manga? Everyone can read/watch whatever they find entertaining, can they not?

Oh, I just started reading Ai Kora, and I thought it was a shoujo when it wasn't
    Guess I'm also a bit prejudiced about genres

Quote Originally Posted by foodcourtia181 View Post
    I've read over a hundred shoujos.. And even more shounens. And I hafta tell you, even as a guy I enjoy good shoujo more than most shounen.

To me, Vamprire Knight SCREAMS shoujo It *clearly* tells a story from a young girl's poing of view and all. But the story's cool, and I like it. I like Matsuri Hino's style, and I was devastated when the animeversion butchered it) I'd recommend if anyone likes vampirethemes.. ^__^

And here's few other highly recommendable shoujo series~

most of Kaori Yuki's works (Angel Sanctuary, Ludwig Kakumei etc.),
    Darker than Black (manga scanlations not complete as far as I know o.o),
    Superior,
    Nana (yes, it's pretty good although most ppl I know seem to be too biased to actually read it),
    Wallflower (or Perfect Girl Evolution/Yamada Nadeshiko Shichi Henge),
    Special A (pretty cheesy but still enjoyable. Totally LMAOed)
    and Ouran High School Host Club.

...AND I ALSO ENJOY READING JOSEIS! (phew, got that out of my system)
    i agree
    "Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible, I chose Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small!

There is nothing wrong for a guy to read shoujo manga, but it depend on the reader 's taste. Because someone like shoujo about it plot development but someone hate is because of it 's drawing style.... For me, yes, some shoujo make me want to through them away ( unfortunately my friend own them ) because of the freaking art style but some have beuatiful art like fullmoon wo sagashite , Shinshi Doumei Cross .... So it depend on your taste that one manga is good or bad but not about it genre or someone comments.

but it's the same as a person wearing pink
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic254_5.gif

Veteran Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clavat View Post
    but it's the same as a person wearing pink
    Good comparison.

Nothing to hide. Shojo manga has many exciting story. I love Clamp's manga and even I glued some poster like Sakura, Chii ... on the wall.

I don't see a problem with reading shoujo.....
    Ava&Sig by Ravona

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

ipsa scientia potestas est

Senjougahara Fascination!

Many manga you dont know they are shoujo or shonen manga

i was reading shugo chara in barnes and nobles