Limations of Izanagi&Izanami

so lets ask ourselves does Izanami last forever once its cast? Obvious answer is NO.

We can learn lots about izanami given its relationship to Izanagi which we know more about.

Izanagi(whether ur an Uchiha or Not) limitations

1) The duration of the illusion casted on oneself varies from sharingan eye to eye. Orocihmaru via unnatural means helped Danzo extend the duration to about 60 seconds which according to Tobi(also an Izanagi user) is longer than usal.

2) The price for each cast is one eye loses its light and shuts permenatly.

Sasuke and Karin figured out how to deal with izanagi by knowing how long the illusion goes for and when it starts and ends. Danzo in the end got too nervous and didnt pay enough attendion to sasuke and to his sharingan eyes instead.

Izanami limitations

1) If izanagi has a duration based from one eye to another, would it be logical to say Izanami has aswell?

I think its safe to say ofcouse Izanami has a duration.

But what is the duration measured in?
    Is it time like izanagi?
    or
    Number of loops the enemy can go through?
    or
    Is it both?

I'm thinking as long as the user has enough chakra to sustain the genjutsu will remain active. There is major chakra usage involved with Izanagi and Izanami is no different. Itachi is an edo tensei but this is a unqiue case.

So whats the punch line?
    The major factor in how long this jutsu will last for is based on how many times the enemy can through the loops.

So if Izanagi's duration is based on the users abilty since its cast on yourself then Izanami's duration is based on the enemies abiliy as the genjutsu is cast on them.

2) Just like Izanagi, Izanami also takes light away from an eye per cast.

Conclusion

There you have it good summary of Izanagi and Izanami.

Intresting enought Izanami unlike genjutsu allows the target have a say of when the technique ends.

So do you think Kabuto can endur enough loops for the jutsu to end?

I'd say kabuto will make alot mental errors from now on as he has lost his cool, also itachi can use his other eye if itachi feels kabuto can't handle another around of Izanami. But this will then put Sasuke in charge of the battle as itachi would be blind. Sasuke isnt very smart if you guys were wondering to fight this battle of wits.
    Last edited by psukkar; 05-18-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post

2) Just like Izanagi, Izanami also takes light away from an eye per cast. But intresting enough unlike izanagi the eye doesnt shut permerntantly afterwards. Basicly what this mean the eye is still useful for eye transplants to an EMS for example.
    Are you trying to suggest that it had something to do with Hashirama believing that he killed Madara and Madara giving his eye to Tobi ?

Anyway, no that part is quite wrong. It's not that the eye can still be used, it's that the jutsu hasn't ended yet and so the eye still hasn't closed yet(it's the same with Izanagi, Tobi's eye closed only after the jutsu ended, not in the middle of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Are you trying to suggest that it had something to do with Hashirama believing that he killed Madara and Madara giving his eye to Tobi ?

Anyway, no that part is quite wrong. It's not that the eye can still be used, it's that the jutsu hasn't ended yet and so the eye still hasn't closed yet(it's the same with Izanagi, Tobi's eye closed only after the jutsu ended, not in the middle of it).
    yea that is wrong i agree. better fiox that.

Psukkar, I think you are asking the wrong question.

Izanagi may have a limited duration, HOWEVER, the effect is permanent. So, if Danzo escapes death for 60 seconds, that escape from death is not reversed after the sixty seconds expire.

Let me freely admit that I have my ulterior motives. I strongly despise Kabuto, and I want him to get it in the worst possible way. Okay, now that I have admitted my bias, let me proceed.

Itachi said that Izanami is a technique that determines detiny
    Spoiler!

I would be sorely disappointed with Kishimoto if that talk about deciding destiny is just empty hype. I'd like to see it actually do that, and do it irreversibly, just as Danzo's escape from death was irreversibly.

So that's how I'd like it to go.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Psukkar, I think you are asking the wrong question.

Izanagi may have a limited duration, HOWEVER, the effect is permanent. So, if Danzo escapes death for 60 seconds, that escape from death is not reversed after the sixty seconds expire.

Let me freely admit that I have my ulterior motives. I strongly despise Kabuto, and I want him to get it in the worst possible way. Okay, now that I have admitted my bias, let me proceed.

Itachi said that Izanami is a technique that determines detiny
    Spoiler!

I would be sorely disappointed with Kishimoto if that talk about deciding destiny is just empty hype. I'd like to see it actually do that, and do it irreversibly, just as Danzo's escape from death was irreversibly.

So that's how I'd like it to go.
    i think this destiny talk is just itachi throwing kabuto off from trying to figure out the jutsu.
    Whats sets destiny? How can itachi now what kabuto's destiny is?

So I think this jutsu can be revesiable as long as u tank it so to speak. But I really gotta say this jutsu is very different from iznaagi since its cast on the enemy thay have a say on whether the genjutsu gets borken or not.

When Itachi says Izanami "decides destiny", he doesn't really mean that in the literal sense. It's just about the same thing that happens.

Izanami is some sort of genjutsu where Itachi can dictate what's supposed to happen. This all plays inside Kabuto's head. And if he doesn't do what Itachi has set, the loop starts all over again. Meaning, the only way Kabuto can get out of the loop is for him to do what Itachi tells him to do inside that genjutsu. The first thing is probably ending the Edo Tensei.

But this all doesn't actually happen, Kabuto is just trapped inside his own mind right now. Until he does what Itachi has decided when he cast Izanami