Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Yeah, right. When it comes to the main characters, I prefer those who isn't exactly the best. I mean, it depends on the situation that main male/female in so if the main one always be the best, then that storyline is only a imagination and I hate being watched what's not reality.
    Last edited by Nancydrew; 07-21-2007 at 06:40 AM. Reason: duplicated

Being a male, I do prefer have male main characters. With that said I don't think that it really make much of a difference if the the main character is male or female.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Male and female leads really dont matter to me, and i think the personality and appeal of the character matter more then the gender- in fact the only time gender really does matter if does matter is in a romance, since male and female leads would act differently to each other when attracting the opposite sex....

eg. Love Hina if Kentaro was a girl surrounded by a bunch of guys with the ecchi scenes still there

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrancar Grimmjow View Post
    Like waaaaay too much chest, or their uniform being a string bikini is kinda distasteful.
    sounds like yoko from gurren lagann =3 ah but she is a supporting character

it's kinda unfair, but there are more male leads than female leads most of the time. i guess animes with female leads will be more unique in a sense.

and woot look at the anime with a female lead that took over the whole otaku community - suzumiya haruhi

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by martia View Post
    sounds like yoko from gurren lagann =3 ah but she is a supporting character

it's kinda unfair, but there are more male leads than female leads most of the time. i guess animes with female leads will be more unique in a sense.

and woot look at the anime with a female lead that took over the whole otaku community - suzumiya haruhi
    Yeah but then again Haruhi is like God....

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

It honestly all depends on the series. For example, the traditional mahou shoujo, like Miaka or Usagi, I can't stand. But if it's likesay, Blood+ or something, it's likeable. I can't stand stereotypes for either gender's main characters.

However, most male main characters I dislike a great deal, as well. That's why I adore DGM so much. It's impossible to dislike Allen.

female mains are hot :3 but i identify with male mains as well (ikki from air gear panties ftw!) when it comes down to it, i like both male and female main characters, although i do watch female main anime more often(mostly because the story interests me or there's a lot of flashing and fanservice)