Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Female and Male Main characters.

What can you say about the two when it comes to a main character?

For me there are no difference and I don't care who really are the main characters. Male or Female, doesn't matter. What I after is the story and the fight scene.

I have friends doesn't like female main characters, their reason is they don't like female coz it's really for girls to watch. and they only watch if it's a male main character.

How about you guys?

I don't mind either as long as the show's good. For example, Claymore and Blood+ are 2 of my favorite animes and they have female leads. I watch more animes with male leads simply because there are far more of them in the genres I prefer.

I don't care whether it's a male or female main character. I watch a decent amount of animes that have female main characters and some turn out to be my favorites. There seems to be a lot more animes that have male leads though so I tend to watch them more. It doesn't matter if it's a female or a male that's the main character of an anime as long as the anime itself is good.
    Join the D. Gray-Man Fan Club!~ Click Lavi to join!~

Join the Bleach Fan Club!~ Click Hitsugaya to join!~

Rainbow

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    The sex of the lead isn't entirely irrelevant.

Just how irrelevant it is can be seen in anime with joint leads of both sex, like Eureka 7 or Ergo Proxy.

Both the leads in E7 are absolutely hopeless - While both the leads in Ergo Proxy are incredibly characters.

i don't really care about if the main character is male or female all i want is a good story.

CLICK MY SECOND SIG...YOU KNOW YOU WANNA

Aside Claymore and such (few) exception, I think female main characters are generally from Shojo mangas. Personally, I read more Shonen manga, so the protagonists tend to be male: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Gintama, Darker than Black…etc

I guess if there’s one thing I have a problem with female main characters in the action field is that sometimes they overdo the whole sex appeal thing. Like waaaaay too much chest, or their uniform being a string bikini is kinda distasteful.

Eh. But I guess the reason they continue with this formula is probably cause its working. (shrugs)
    "The leopard is a cruel lover. His tenderness breaks the gazelle's heart."

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrancar Grimmjow View Post
    Aside Claymore and such (few) exception, I think female main characters are generally from Shojo mangas. Personally, I read more Shonen manga, so the protagonists tend to be male: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Gintama, Darker than Black…etc

I guess if there’s one thing I have a problem with female main characters in the action field is that sometimes they overdo the whole sex appeal thing. Like waaaaay too much chest, or their uniform being a string bikini is kinda distasteful.

Eh. But I guess the reason they continue with this formula is probably cause its working. (shrugs)
    Usually it's the sub characters that have all the sex appeal - Most main females tend to be personality based rather than looks based - Last Exile comes to mind immediately.

Hard to say much without sounding sexist but I guess I would chose a male lead because I can relate better to someone of the same sex (sounds weird). Seeing that my favorite sports stars are all male (Michael Jordan, Joe Frazier, Dante Culpepper). And my favorite musicians are all male (Eric Clapton, Sting). You get my point.

apparently i prefer girl main characters just because my manga anime preference is like that i guess or i just have that kind of attraction... either way, it doesn't really matter on gender as long as it's not sexist or anything about it

Sanji + Luffy = Sanjuffy trebay57's Avatar
    Samus is probably one of the most kick ass female main characters in my opinion. I prefer males though, because I can identify with a guy main character better than a female one. It would've been cooler if you made a poll for this thread.
    Excuse me, may I see yo panties?