Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kure-Nai Anime

Queen of the Boredom Zone Arhazivory's Avatar

Kure-Nai Anime

Kure-nai

Genres: action, comedy, drama

Plot Summary: Based on a series of light novels, Kure-nai is about the adventures and misadventures of 16-year-old Kurenai Shinkurou. Shinkurou is an authority in settling disputes between people, and finds his life turned upside down one day when he is assigned as a bodyguard for Kuhouin Murasaki, the daughter of a powerful plutocratic family. [SOURCE: ANN]

There are 12 episodes, 10 of which have been released and subbed so far by BSS Subs.

It's very good, although it takes somewhat of a slice-of-life approach, the storyline is continous. I find it to be very heart-warming (no...it's not shoujo) and the animation is so sweet too. It has action too .

Anyone else watching this?
    ^Birthday Sig & Ava from Mikessc88 <3 v Birthday Sig from Imotochan <3
    Lords of the Boredom Zone: Arhazivory Redsquirrel and Crossx21

Master is My First Name Arisato-kun's Avatar
    I read the first couple chapters of it....I just couldn't get into it.

Props to Ravona for the awesome sig! Noel is the greatest and I challenge you to prove me otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by minidevi View Post
    Draciel's more hardcore than you, I bet he's out killing people now, while cosplaying nude Kyon.
    Check me out on DeviantART!

MyAnimeList MyMangaList

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Ah yeah, totally forgot about a discussion thread for Kure-nai. Its a very good anime imo, much more interesting then the manga on the whole...Murasaki especially kicks ass with her VA and her attitude...i feel like i should go watch some more

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Quote Originally Posted by Arisato-kun View Post
    I read the first couple chapters of it....I just couldn't get into it.
    Arisato-kun, I didn't get into the manga either. It was a bit all over the place, and I was a little confused. But the anime is totally different because it deals with a separate storyline taken from the light novels, whereas the manga takes it from a different perspective. I strongly suggest you give the anime a try. I'm still following the manga though, cause it is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiel View Post
    Ah yeah, totally forgot about a discussion thread for Kure-nai. Its a very good anime imo, much more interesting then the manga on the whole...Murasaki especially kicks ass with her VA and her attitude...i feel like i should go watch some more
    Yeah....Murasaki is soooo adult for a 7 year old, yet she's an absolute doll. Go watch some more Archiel

I think all of the VA's in this series are brilliant, I dont think i've caught one bit of over acting in thier voices so far.

It's close to my favorite anime this season, I'm glad BSS took the OP & ED out of the episodes though because they were awfull.

Kurenai 11 is out by BSS. It's a little late....but who cares, I'm just glad it's done. I couldn't get it directly from BSS because the download link seems to be offline, so I grabbed it from Mininova instead.

The episode is great. The fluid action scenes are just too beautiful. *sighs*

Anyhoo, here's the torrent: Kurena 11 (BSS)

Colonel of SOS Brigade Kushieda's Avatar
    yeah I loved this ep. I can't wait for 12!

Index by sangaz - All Hail Suzumiya-dono

i wasn't sure why i started watching this, but it was pretty good. the storyline IS really heartwarming and cute, but i'd prefer more action, since kurenai's skill could have been pretty interesting to watch.
    like kirimaro in naruto.

Episode 12 is out. From the 22nd of June actually

Can get it via DDL from BSS here

Via torrent here

and BSS has put out a batch of all 12 episodes in High Definition, so you can grab it from their home page here

I agree swoodles....it is heartwarming and the action is great too. I found the balance of action and heart to be just right though.

as you all say . it is really hearthwarming and for the action . i find it realistic . you can have power and being powerless. i mean always seeing "kicking-ass" character. but it withdraw the human part.

Also the mini-theater episode 06 was one of the best episode of any kind of anime i've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_-6n...eature=related

Really..just pretty

for me it is definitely my favorite anime this season , Sangaz .