5 18.52%
  • |3| Average

1 3.70%
  • |2| Bad

2 7.41%
  • |1| Terrible

1 3.70%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The technique makes sense though, as it's still a reality thought up by the caster, thus Itachi. And considering what Itachi does with his Tsukiyomi, you would think this would go along similar lines, except it's happening in reality instead of in the opponents mind. It's always been Itachi's style of breaking people's will anyway.

The question is, when exactly did Izanami take hold? I mean, did Kabuto ever actually slice Itachi in Two, or was he already under Izanami, even then?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

I think he already cast it the moment he enter the lair. It just takes time to complete since he needed the scenario of him and Sasuke fighting to create a loop.

sig made by me

Naruto

Well,..... Thats certainly one of those chapters that leaves you wanting for more......
    I must admit Izanami is one badass Jutsu!!!! but the chapter was a bit confusing aswell,..... Lots of questions regarding Izanami's effect & result are yet to be revealed / or rather too mystefied to understand properly at this stage.... We'll have to wait and see till the fight officially ends with the de-summoning of Edo-Tensei's to understand it all...... At this stage Kabuto seems he has been de-commisioned, and the fighting has ended,... I say this because the Jutsu doesnt seem to be breakable considering the One- Eye sacrificial price tag on it,.... But we never know, maybe Kishi will allow Kabuto one last Trump card to shake off Izanami (Remote Possibility but still)....

Regarding the Inifinite Time Loop of Izanami,.....
    Im quite positive the Jutsu will only release once Kabuto has done what Itachi wants him to do exactly,... im thinking De-summoning the Edo-Tensei's for starters,.... IMO Izanami is like and an advanced Tsukiyomi where the enemy is trapped in an alternate time zone for possibly eternity,.. until or unless he performs the exact actions / justsu which the caster wants the enemy to do..... So Kabuto churns for eternity in Izanami trying and trying until by chance he does as Itachi wanted him to do in the first place, only then Izanami will end,.. which might be a minute or two for Itachi & Sasuke,.. In which time Itachi & Sasuke will have all the bonding time required to sort their pending bitchy issues.....

A bit downtrodden cause we didnt get to see Sasuke give his Shiny new EMS a Thoroughly deserved workout, in actual battle.... :(
    Just some flashy Susanou archery and boring Amaterasu spam..... Like a total Newbie..... :/

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    The question is, when exactly did Izanami take hold? I mean, did Kabuto ever actually slice Itachi in Two, or was he already under Izanami, even then?
    I was thinking the same thing. And it seems as though Izanami was cast many chapters ago when Izanami was first mentioned. Seems as though it just needed to "record" a fight for it to be looped. This is probably why Itachi said that it needs "more time".

I like how Kabuto was already under Izanami. Itachi fanboys will be luvvin' this. All the same, Kabuto will still be a tough nut to crack.

Itachi said kabuto was caught in his genjutsu. We have so far seen only the cost of the technique (Itachi's eye) but the effects of the technique seem to be nothing we haven't seen before. I wonder where the words "illusion" - "reality" - and "destiny" begin to actually have distinction when played about from within sharingan tech. So far the only destiny we have seen changed with Kabuto is his dragon sage mode reduced to a flacid pile of snake. We are seeing the power of tsukiyomi, not yet izanami. Kabuto's destiny has not yet been decided and still rustles in Itachi's hands like some loaded dice. That is the power I am waiting to see, the actual change of destiny, not some old hat genjutsu.

I would stand corrected, though, if that "loop" was experienced by all three combatants. That would be some freaky power indeed.

Edit: Any connection with the crows seen in the genjutsu where Kabuto is trapped and the crows sent to "delay" Sasuke? Yeah, they are a signature of sorts but they seemed so pointless when tossed at Sasuke and I always try way to hard to find a deeper meaning in something. I sorta wish those meaningless crows somehow tie Sasuke to this instance of Izanami too for the sake of twisting things up. Anyway, Orochimaru and Kabuto understood enough about the sharingan to know it can evolve into rinnegan. So there is a chance Kabuto is prepared for such a level of sharingan technique he is currently dealing with.

I think the destiny that Itachi made for Kabuto was to make him fight in that loop over and over. Imagine how horrible that would really be, Kabuto is fully aware that no matter what he does the same outcome will always happen. And I believe that is why it is worse than Tsukiyomi. Yes in Tsukiyomi Itachi controlled both space and time....but eventually it would end. Remember Kakashi spent 3 days in Tsukiyomi but it was only 1 second in real life. So eventually Tsukiyomi ends where as I believe this Izanami is going to go on forever or until Itachi releases the technique.
    My name is Corey and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge in every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with random women, and just generally act like a raging dick head. I contribute to society in no way what so ever

Proud fan of the Oujou White Knights!

can't kabuto just do something else instead of directly confronting itachi, like summon edo-madara, or just get away from the cave (battlefield). wouldn't 'not confronting' itachi disrupt the loop ?

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    can't kabuto just do something else instead of directly confronting itachi, like summon edo-madara, or just get away from the cave (battlefield). wouldn't 'not confronting' itachi disrupt the loop ?
    It's too late for him, I suspect that the only way Izanami will change is if Itachi alters it from the outside. Note how Itachi's hand rests on Kabuto's head.

Ironic isn't it that Kabuto and Orochimaru now share the same fate, locked in Genjutsu (etrenal?).

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !